Jump to content
Descripforce

Description Force!

Recommended Posts

DC-wuzzzupmod.png.bd9100aed3b11d1770711ae2d8658602.png

 

Sigh.

Share this post


Link to post

The joke's gonna be on them...

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone else gotten any comments with a link to a website? Seems like a bot made it... (I censored the website title in this screenshot but if the mods need it I can send them the uncensored version)
 

 

Bot.png

Share this post


Link to post

It's possible that the person thought you were making a reference that you were not actually making. I got a comment a while back that mistook my creatively complaining about a mis-coloured nebula as a "Babylon 5" reference. (For better or worse, I have no idea what that is.) However,  neither that individual nor the one who noticed my intentional ChickenSmoothie reference put a link. I'd say your commenter should not have put the link. 

 

There have been a couple of times I've commented on descriptions and included links to dragons on my scroll whose descriptions were similar to or amusing in the context of the dragon whose description I was reviewing, but I'd never link to anything off of DragCave. 

 

Have you gotten that comment on any other pending dragons? I looked at mine and didn't see anything; I'd expect a bot to be indiscriminate. I even have a dragon that uses the word 'manly', and Mr. Guest doesn't have any comments like that. Then again, he's fairly deep in the cue at this point. I would need more information to make a judgement. Let's see what the mods think.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

It's possible that the person thought you were making a reference that you were not actually making. I got a comment a while back that mistook my creatively complaining about a mis-coloured nebula as a "Babylon 5" reference. (For better or worse, I have no idea what that is.)

XD

I won't link anything due to the nature of this discussion - and, to stay on topic, I have not had any links in my comments - but Babylon 5 is an awesome sci-fi series. Based on space station Babylon 5, it ran for 5 seasons and three movies. If you enjoy sci-fi, it might be worth checking out. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

That's one of the strangest comments I've seen. Perhaps they meant to copy and paste your description in the comment and accidentally pasted other text?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AislinnSi said:

Homodragon.thumb.png.e93639cd638fb33e29adeb6556939323.png

 

Someone pls tell me how this description makes Seanan gay

'Cause that's a male ember with a husband?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

'Cause that's a male ember with a husband?

 

 

The male Ember IS husband TO a Magma ;)

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Herk said:

 

 

The male Ember IS husband TO a Magma ;)

Yeah, I realized that after I closed out. XD

Maybe the reviewer did the same misread that I did.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yeah, I realized that after I closed out. XD

Maybe the reviewer did the same misread that I did.

I guess that must've been it, I spent a good 30 minutes re-reading that description being all like "Where is it?? Where's the gay implication? He has a wife?? " XD

 

Oh well :rolleyes: Maybe one day I'll write such a description for a dragon... maybe I'll do it for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, AislinnSi said:

I guess that must've been it, I spent a good 30 minutes re-reading that description being all like "Where is it?? Where's the gay implication? He has a wife?? " XD

 

Oh well :rolleyes: Maybe one day I'll write such a description for a dragon... maybe I'll do it for this one.

That is a beautiful lineage! :D

I have gay dragons; guess that reviewer never saw them go through.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

One description out of hundreds in the queue is still rare enough for the comment to apply!

The two commenters who took umbrage with Obvolute last year didn't even stop to appreciate my brilliant writing. :(

 

Quote

...You're re-describing this guy?I think the town's population count is new. But why? Am I missing something? - KoD

Sorry, KoD! There was a double space somewhere, and it bugged me so much I had to fix it! Edit: Also there's a comment saying holiday dragons can't dig corpses. Why not? Surely, he needs something to do on the other ~350 days of the year.

Edited by Dirtytabs

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for explaining, Tabs. I was just surprised to see Leroy since I had recently scoped out your pun group to see what terrible things were new sine I was last on DC and remembered him from there approved. That explains it! I do have a certain cavern lurker I think you would appreciate, by the way.

  

I've noticed recently that I get an error message when I try to look at the page of certain dragons... I believe it is those whose descriptions I have commented on. Is this new? Has anyone else had this problem? What could be causing it?

Share this post


Link to post

Tabs, going through your descriptions is always a ride because you always sneak in something that's 1. Entirely off the wall silly I have to read twice to even get it or 2. Borderline topic-wise but just vague enough.

 

Frankly that's a skill LOL

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Tabs, going through your descriptions is always a ride because you always sneak in something that's 1. Entirely off the wall silly I have to read twice to even get it or 2. Borderline topic-wise but just vague enough.

 

Frankly that's a skill LOL

I love coming across Tabs's descriptions in my queue. XD

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Aw, thank you! I do get bored easily with doing too many... uh, "normal" descriptions.

 

Ooh, Terrumbris's descrip is pending? I must review until I see him and approve it!

Edited by Dirtytabs

Share this post


Link to post

I am kind of excited about some of the descrips I have waiting approval! 

 

At said, I DO have a question. 

 

I sometimes type out a description for a dragon and then post it to the que.... but then... well see the following example.

Quote

Tekhya and Tyarrla are a Gilded Bloodscale with an obsession with human beings. She loves human books and games such as chess. Bloodscales are known for their curiosity, and she is absolutely know exception. She delights in chatting with any humans, be they ordinary people, leader of some kind or wandering wizard. She also collects tools and books of all kinds, whenever she can get them, and she even has her own chess set, built to size for a dragon to be able to use.  Humans, she believes are worthy of study... their achievements and their failures, she thinks, can serve as lessons for dragon kind as well. The fact remains that she is known for coming up with a great many ideas... some of them actually quite good ones... that appear to have their roots in her studies of humanity; and in cases of conflict with the local humans, who else is sent as their embassy to try and keep peace but this bloodscale who, all can agree, understands humans better than any other dragon in the clan.

Underlined the bit in question as I didn't write that in there. WHY is that the  site adds that and IS it something I need to go in and remove and repost before my descrip will be sent through?

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

I am kind of excited about some of the descrips I have waiting approval! 

 

At said, I DO have a question. 

 

I sometimes type out a description for a dragon and then post it to the que.... but then... well see the following example.

Underlined the bit in question as I didn't write that in there. WHY is that the  site adds that and IS it something I need to go in and remove and repost before my descrip will be sent through?

 double spaces will show up like that - so just go in remove one space and you're golden ;)

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Herk said:

 double spaces will show up like that - so just go in remove one space and you're golden ;)

Oh! OK! I had WONDERED about those . Thanks for the info, herk.

Share this post


Link to post

Dunno who commented, but on the offchance it's seen :)

 

Quote

It is currently unknown whether or not this nameless dragon is in her right mind. While she does sometimes speak intelligibly, she's far more prone to letting out a strange laugh that usually sounds like "ENENENENENENE!" Most of the other dragons avoid her (even Fricai, though he is different in his own right) because while... probably not dangerous, many find her annoying. Most of the time she simply walks around the lower hills, cackling, while other dragons keep an eye on her. The resident Vampires, especially, seem tolerant but weary of her, and tend to treat her as a sort of pet whenever she wanders into their caves.

Accept: Did you want/mean weary, or wary?

 

While both work, I meant weary-- they tolerate her, but they're getting kinda tired of her. They aren't afraid, so wary isn't the word.

Share this post


Link to post

Travellers are often surprised to see a misfit pygmy with a job, and even more surprised to learn Magpiescale is happy and reliable bussing tables at The Hole.


Magpiescale loves tricks using magi, and there was no way she could steal enough mana without earning a bounty. Once she started working, she discovered all the gossip and how dragons - especially after a few drinks - would share their plans, interests, and (most importantly) "it would be terrible if..." scenarios. She likes it best if whoever she's pranking enjoys it, so if they don't, she offers com-pun-sation. For example, after casting colour-changing spells on all the belts in Gujhe's dojo, Magpiescale apologised by giving her a cat o' nine tails - special, since the nine-tailed mutation is more common in foxes. The only time she attempted a prank inside The Hole, she commissioned a large statue from Qwer T. Uiop for the tavern that, do to bad handwriting, turned out to be a pig digging a hole, now known as The Hole Hog.

 

Abstain: Prank as a vetb does NOT mean to play tricks on.

Abstain: This is a great start, but things get a little confusing at the end. The description also goes a bit off topic in the last sentence. The dragon's personality consistency is really good, though!

 

Okay, so as I was posting this I noticed I used 'do' instead of 'due' in that aforementioned last sentence. Is that why it's confusing? I looked in my dictionary and it didn't have a special definition for the verb form of prank as the first commenter seems to think.  I'm also dancing with the 1,000 character limit here, too, so... should I be worried, or just fix my typo?

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

 

 

 

Abstain: Prank as a vetb does NOT mean to play tricks on.

Abstain: This is a great start, but things get a little confusing at the end. The description also goes a bit off topic in the last sentence. The dragon's personality consistency is really good, though!

 

Okay, so as I was posting this I noticed I used 'do' instead of 'due' in that aforementioned last sentence. Is that why it's confusing? I looked in my dictionary and it didn't have a special definition for the verb form of prank as the first commenter seems to think.  I'm also dancing with the 1,000 character limit here, too, so... should I be worried, or just fix my typo?

 

(2) used t be the original meaning, a while ago, when I was first told this and looked it up (1) hadn't yet made it into the online dictionary. Language is evolving and I guess  @Lagiehas lost that particular fight

Edited by Herk

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Herk said:

 

(2) used t be the original meaning, a while ago, when I was first told this and looked it up (1) hadn't yet made it into the online dictionary. Language is evolving and I guess  @Lagiehas lost that particular fight

Lagie will continue the struggle XD but I do need to fix the typo in my auto response. :P

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks, Herk and Lagie, for explaining. Despite the old poetry I've been reading, I haven't chanced across that definition before. Plenty of other archaic words, certes, but not that one. I've fixed Magpiescale's description so hopefully it makes a little more sense. 

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.