Descripforce

Description Force!

All comments + Accepts/Rejects stick if you've been mod rejected. That's why EG I think was able to make reviewing a little faster by pointing to other users' comments in the mod reject message, like "do what those users tell you to do".

I think mods have said here before (don't quote me!) that they'd rather users resubmit on their own (with legitimate changes) as many times as they need because it's easier to accept a description that is perfect after multiple edits with 0 comments/judgments than one with multiple comments and multiple errors.

3 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

All comments + Accepts/Rejects stick if you've been mod rejected. That's why EG I think was able to make reviewing a little faster by pointing to other users' comments in the mod reject message, like "do what those users tell you to do".

I think mods have said here before (don't quote me!) that they'd rather users resubmit on their own (with legitimate changes) as many times as they need because it's easier to accept a description that is perfect after multiple edits with 0 comments/judgments than one with multiple comments and multiple errors.

Yes I can definitely agree with this! Just resubmit as many times as you need, it actually makes my life easier.

Also we're down to 700! *falls over*

Great. Fuzz is now officially happy FoMEMhNAgELAkuNkFKuW.gif

(though still thinks it a shame that you have to go to the back of the queue again for - say - restructuring a sentence !)

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Great. Fuzz is now officially happy FoMEMhNAgELAkuNkFKuW.gif

(though still thinks it a shame that you have to go to the back of the queue again for - say - restructuring a sentence !)

Actually, I find the corrected ones tend to pop in ahead of the ones I haven't read yet.

(Mind you, I am hitting the end if my queue daily now...)

Well done on the numbers, Kaini! Thank you!

How could I tell ? I don't see any kind of queue or list - they just pop up in any old order and I read them as they come. Does this mean you remember that many and recognise them ??

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I'm down to 450 descriptions left and my brain is melting a little 🤣

10 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

How could I tell ? I don't see any kind of queue or list - they just pop up in any old order and I read them as they come. Does this mean you remember that many and recognise them ??

Yes, some I recognize when I see them come through again. XD

*leaves a stack of brain-revitalizing brownies for Kaini*

Thank you Lagie! It must have worked because, drum roll please...

There are 0 un-moderated descriptions! :nyan:

Except the one I put in, haha.

Kai need a nap now.

Awesome! Well done! :wub:

*leaves Kaini flaked out in a beach*

Oh look at how much awesomeness ninja clan you've become while I was away. I'll have to remember to drop by to help and be inspired to write in the near future. Cheers and thanks awesome souls (and those without)!

1 hour ago, solarflare3000 said:

Oh, shoot. It's been awhile! How's everyone's description-ing going? 

Writing? Slowly. Reviewing? Very well! And Kaini finished modding the queue!

21 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Writing? Slowly. Reviewing? Very well! And Kaini finished modding the queue!

That's amazing! I logged on to see my last description approved; thank you Kaini!

I have more than 200 undescribed dragons and that breaks my heart. I need to get cracking on that, and I'm hoping to revive the Describe-a-Dragon game to work with the help of prompts. xD

Suddenly we had an uptick in describing today, lol. Got the queue back down to 15.

I should go describe some of mine, now... I'm not nearly as creative as some of ya'll :P

I just found literal description spam. The gist of it was "Come to this (unrelated to DC) link for free stuff!" Okay, that's a first.

1 hour ago, Mathcat said:

I just found literal description spam. The gist of it was "Come to this (unrelated to DC) link for free stuff!" Okay, that's a first.

I saw that one yesterday! Hopefully it's a one-off.

Welp, got rid of that one. Hoping that doesn't become a problem, eesh.

Finally decided to hop onto reviewing descriptions with more dedication than just "once in a blue moon, I guess".

I do have a question though. If I remember correctly, using first person isn't permitted in descriptions. Is writing "this scroll" (e.g. "X dragon was the first on this scroll.") also not permitted? (I'd assume so, it feels like it breaks the immersion significantly, but I'm not completely sure.)

2 hours ago, Crowned_Ladybug said:

I do have a question though. If I remember correctly, using first person isn't permitted in descriptions. Is writing "this scroll" (e.g. "X dragon was the first on this scroll.") also not permitted? (I'd assume so, it feels like it breaks the immersion significantly, but I'm not completely sure.)

I hadn't considered that. I've been seeing that person doing descriptions like that and approved a few, but it never occurred to me that it should be rejected because of the first person.

I agree that it should be rejected.

I always find scroll sounds awkward but I do think we're allowed to refer to it.

This scroll, yes, would be first person, though, and would be rejected.

I'm usually willing to give "this scroll" a pass if it reads like "this mountain" or "this cave", or if "this scroll" is treated as some kind of in-universe roster or attendance sheet. 

Also:

Herwig is a pyrovar who lives in the dessert. Namely, a pot of sweetened, cheesy biscuits heated by a volcanic vein below the ground. As a carnivore, she does not eat any of it, and many people are flabbergasted that she would lie in slowly deteriorating, gradually less delicious food than peddle it or something, but this is how she lives her life, and she considers this mess of sweets her hoard. Any creatures, from flies to other dragons, who wander to Herwig's dessert to investigate or taste it are treated as thieves, and those that are caught usually become her food.

Accept: How does a giant dragon fit into a tiny biscuit pot?

It is a large biscuit pot. Imagine stoneware a few metres in diameter. :D 

Edited by Dirtytabs