Descripforce

Description Force!

Whoa I'm actually here it's a miracle. :3

Let's see if I remember how to do this!

*just waking up* Okay I should be around all day now, phew.

Also, I had a dream that everyone was spamming this thread with GIFs so I'm glad to see that it wasn't true. tongue.gif

Dear mods - we love to see our descriptions approved - but for the sake of the game and our "hidden" traesures in the queue, it would be great if you wouldn't approve any of Dimar's, brairtrainer's and mine (herk's) descriptions today - we will resubmit them otherwise so people have a chance of finding the hints/goodies wink.gif

Thanks <3

Edited by Descripforce

Just a quick update: Nix has managed to take care of the Daydreams, so another breed taken care of smile.gif

Dimar's dragons have both been found as has my writing dragon.

My speech impediment dragon is still out there.

No idea about brair's dragons atm.

Edited by herk

Trivia time! There's approximately 152,809 approved descriptions in the Cave. And under 5.5 left in the queue. :3

-edit again: Er, Sock appears to have broken the counter. The total number of descriptions may be closer to 160k or 170k? LOL oh well

Also, I made a badge thing for this reviewathon. It's the second pixel thing I've done so it's not good but it's better than nothing. So use it if you want to, I guess. >.< I'll be sticking it in my own sig once I get something else done, since I'm very particular about my sig.

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=158360][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/LEyusgU.png][/URL]

-edit: if you want me to change the text to Reviewathon or something I can do that

Edited by Dimar

My writing dragon has been found, and my speech dragon has not yet. be sure to sign and pm/contact me if you do find it

Update - we are entering the 2oth hour of our review-a-thon. The channel is full we still have two yet to be found "special" dragons, a Magi who drops random gifts into the queue and a channel full of egglocked people because we are awesome - come and JOIN US biggrin.gif

Hi, folks - quick question from me.

Is it normal that mods will edit British spellings into American spellings? I'd submitted Balacrea's description with the term "focussed" (which is OK in British English), which Dimar suggested to change to "focused" but I deliberately did not do - and now it's been changed to "focused".

I can live with that, but I was just curious if that's something I should be aware of as happening frequently, or if this was just a case of a mod thinking Dimar's comment was an actual spelling correction?

Hi, folks - quick question from me.

Is it normal that mods will edit British spellings into American spellings? I'd submitted Balacrea's description with the term "focussed" (which is OK in British English), which Dimar suggested to change to "focused" but I deliberately did not do - and now it's been changed to "focused".

I can live with that, but I was just curious if that's something I should be aware of as happening frequently, or if this was just a case of a mod thinking Dimar's comment was an actual spelling correction?

Usually mods accept BOTH spellings.

/me uses BE as well.

asdf I always fail with BE spelling I'm so sorry ;_;

asdf I always fail with BE spelling I'm so sorry ;_;

No apologies necessary at all! I thought you were just suggesting the alternate spelling, since you Accepted it. smile.gif I fail in regards to different spellings sometimes, myself.

@herk: Thanks for the heads-up! happy.gif I'm guessing theory two is what happened, then. That's life. "focused" looks a bit strange to my reading, but I do know it's correct, so I'm not hugely fussed. I'm much, much happier that the description got approved. biggrin.gif *squishes her Zones of Thought homage #2 lovingly*

Sock: Urgh. My comp is really struggling with colloquy right now. Keeps disconnecting me and is slowing reviewing.

[9:49pm] Sock: I'll have to log off for now.

[9:49pm] Sock: I'll try and keep you updated via the thread if any big progress happens.

[9:49pm] Sock: PM me if there's anybody obvious whose scrollname I don't review. o3o

[9:49pm] Sock: <3

[9:49pm] Sock: Sorry the queue wasn't beaten down as much as everybody hoped, but I know all the users reviewing today really helped. <3

^ I don't even think these messages managed to send.

Thanks for the heads up Socky smile.gif

Update - my second dragon was found.

But there is still the random gift dropping Magi out there smile.gif

OK guys THIS is awesome: user posted image

I wanted him to stay in the queue with gifts and when it was over I wanted to rewrite him a nice descrip like I did with her last year but this is so awesome I'm debating to keep him this way biggrin.gif

Edited by herk

The Reviewathon day is officially over now, but of course we'll all continue reviewing to help out all the mods and writers as time allows. There were a lot of people in the channel today, many pretty dragons given out, and tons of new faces! We hope to see you keep coming back because you were all great fun, and very good help.

Although the queue wasn't cut down as much as everyone would like, it was lowered from 6,000 to about 5.2 4.5 which isn't bad for a single day! Especially considering the usual rate, lol. And the fact that usually on days like this the submission rate goes up as well, of course. You reviewers keep up the hard work, because the mods really appreciate that motivation and support.

We should do another day like this again. Holidays are usually good times since everyone's online for releases, but obviously there's not one for a while. So we'll just continue our hard work and see when time allows for more organized events.

Thanks to all the participants, reviewers, and mods! It's because of all you guys that the queue isn't 40k like it once was. wink.gif

~Dimar

Now everybody go push for description mods so that the queue can be handled much more efficiently, and make it easier on our forum mods!

Edited for the new number - thanks Socks smile.gif ~Herk

Edited by Descripforce

Thanks to everyone here today,er, yesterday! It's unbelievable that I got my first described dragon.

I really enjoyed the Sock's Party though hahaha...

And no, sock, I didn't see your words. But thanks to post here :D

Edited by Shelybear

Although the queue wasn't cut down as much as everyone would like, it was lowered from 6,000 to about 5.2 which isn't bad for a single day! Especially considering the usual rate, lol. You reviewers keep up the hard work, because the mods really appreciate that motivation and support.

I refused to give you guys an update earlier, but Thu must have done at least her promised 200 and there must have been some other mods still around because I know I couldn't have done all the rest by myself but...

Congrats! More progress than you thought. We made it down to a little less than 4.5k. =3

I got home at 12:01. sad.gif Hopefully I'll be able to be online more for the next one! (We are having a next one, right? Maybe this could be a monthly thing?)

Love the description, Herk! xd.png

pinkgothic, if you resubmit and them poke a mod explaining about the spelling, your description will usually be re-approved. I know I did that with one of mine.

pinkgothic, if you resubmit and them poke a mod explaining about the spelling, your description will usually be re-approved. I know I did that with one of mine.

That's good to know. I don't think I'll do that for this one, but it's great to know in case something ever does bug me deeply. <3

Gah, I couldn't help! I was busy all day, and I wanted to do this. Thank you guys for arranging the event, I'm sure it was a blast! I will try to join the next one.

I refused to give you guys an update earlier, but Thu must have done at least her promised 200 and there must have been some other mods still around because I know I couldn't have done all the rest by myself but...

Congrats! More progress than you thought. We made it down to a little less than 4.5k. =3

Ahh that's awesome! Yosofine was helping too, late last night. I'm glad to see that progress!

I managed to catch back up on the queue myself, after being unable to review for a week. biggrin.gif

Edit: the monthly idea may not be a bad one to consider, since we know what to expect now.

Edited by Dimar

How much did this Description Force actually help the backlog?

The backlog went from 6k to 4.5k yesterday at the Reviewathon, if that's what you mean.

Uhh yeah, also what Herk said. xd.png

Edited by Dimar

Well...

The actual approving/rejecting can only be done by forum mods [seriously go and show support for description mods here] so a very cynical person might say 'not at all'.

What we did do was:

- invite the mods to get together on that date

- organise a friendly atmosphere in the channel, trying to have at least one of us there throughout the day

- review and comment like crazy (Dimar has personally read EVERY SINGLE DESCRIPTION waiting for approval for example) with constructive critisism and encouraging words

- Giving out gifts in the channel to other reviewers/participating mods and hiding goodies in the description queue to encourage others not to give up

How much the comments and concrit we left actually helps the mods can't quantifiably be measured I think smile.gif

Anyway Easter isn't that far off and I personally hope that the few free days, a lot of people get around then, might make it possible to kill the backlog once again - it worked last year smile.gif