Descripforce

Description Force!

I need to thank three description reviewers, thanks to you, I could see the mistakes and change them smile.gif

GT, pg and a G

Who are you to be so nice :3

I'd love to participate. I'm already reviewing anyway, but I'll add a little word to it so you can recognise me; I sign with Pyc

There's a list of reviewer shorthands in the second post. smile.gif

G = Pixel.G

pg = pinkgothic

GT doesn't seem to be registered in the first post, though. smile.gif Mystery reviewer! Sometimes you can reach people anyway by posting in the Description comments thread. That's where I post when I have to address someone anonymous or de-facto anonymous.

And welcome to the reviewing team!

Edited by pinkgothic

There's a list of reviewer shorthands in the second post. smile.gif

G = Pixel.G

pg = pinkgothic

GT doesn't seem to be registered in the first post, though. smile.gif Mystery reviewer! Sometimes you can reach people anyway by posting in the Description comments thread. That's where I post when I have to address someone anonymous or de-facto anonymous.

And welcome to the reviewing team!

Handy, thanks!

Alright, I'll try there smile.gif

I noticed a strange cody- thingy-do has made its way into a awaiting to be modded description.

Franhses was the first. It was he who helped pick out the location for the cave and dug the first chamber. He, who stood proudly and attracted a mate to help populate the new cave. And it was he who keened softly, pressed between his mate and the cave owner as his kind died out. The once copious clans of Frills dwindling to just a few members... then to just the old remnants like himself and memories they held.  

He still keens quietly on nights when the wind blows crisp air and the sky is full of stars and if he looks just right, it's not Mints grazing in the pastures next to the cave, but a Clan of Frills standing proud and boisterous. But no mater how long he looks, or hopes, he knows the moment he looks away, they will be Mints and he will be the lone Frill once again.

See the "  "

That thingy-do. I surely didn't put it there. There are also a dozen comments on this description, none of which point out that what-cha-thing. I'm also kinda fond of the comments, and if I edit it out i loose them all.

Do I have to go through and look at all my awaiting descriptions to see it the ma-bobber sneaked on to them?

I think that sometimes happens if you have two spaces after a period. If it's the same glitch that crops up from time to time, then yes, it will show up on an approved description.

Take a screenshot of your comments before you submit the correction. I've done that a few times to save fun comments!

Just reviewed a few as break. Now diving back to my schoolworks again xd.png

I found it really refreshing when I become sleepy due to alot.png of long and tedious reading. lol.

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I'm not sure where else to ask.

Is there something going on with the description reviewing? I've had one description out since the end of february this year, and I've only gotten one vote on it since then. That one vote appeared almost immediately after I posted the description but since then it's been completely silent. I don't expect a mod to come and place judgement on it immediately (I actually like to wait some time and see what people think), but I'm wondering if there's an issue that have pushed my description out of the queue or something. I had some issues with another description in february when the (by then year-old) comments just up and disappeared from said description (i resubmitted it and it was approved of almost immediately since then), so I'm wondering if there's just something wrong with the description function on my end.

Edited by Ripan

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I'm not sure where else to ask.

Is there something going on with the description reviewing? I've had one description out since the end of february this year, and I've only gotten one vote on it since then. That one vote appeared almost immediately after I posted the description but since then it's been completely silent. I don't expect a mod to come and place judgement on it immediately (I actually like to wait some time and see what people think), but I'm wondering if there's an issue that have pushed my description out of the queue or something. I had some issues with another description in february when the (by then year-old) comments just up and disappeared from said description (i resubmitted it and it was approved of almost immediately since then), so I'm wondering if there's just something wrong with the description function on my end.

I think that's just a result of the enormous description backlog right now. I have one with almost the same situation (submitted in February and has only two accepts, never seems to get any more reviews), but I just assumed it was the backlog causing it.

Edited by Amberfly

I'm here to aplogize to those on descripforce. Life got a hold of me last semseter (rabbit stuff, work, and school) but now I have a better schedule. I'll be on descripdoom later tonight.

Are approvals moving faster these days? I didn't expect this guy to be even looked at for hecka long but he's already approved.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/CLMoY/

Also: YAY you approved Trump's desc OMG TY <3 I had too much fun writing that

I noticed a strange cody- thingy-do has made its way into a awaiting to be modded description.

Franhses was the first. It was he who helped pick out the location for the cave and dug the first chamber. He, who stood proudly and attracted a mate to help populate the new cave. And it was he who keened softly, pressed between his mate and the cave owner as his kind died out. The once copious clans of Frills dwindling to just a few members... then to just the old remnants like himself and memories they held.  

He still keens quietly on nights when the wind blows crisp air and the sky is full of stars and if he looks just right, it's not Mints grazing in the pastures next to the cave, but a Clan of Frills standing proud and boisterous. But no mater how long he looks, or hopes, he knows the moment he looks away, they will be Mints and he will be the lone Frill once again.

See the "  "

That thingy-do. I surely didn't put it there. There are also a dozen comments on this description, none of which point out that what-cha-thing. I'm also kinda fond of the comments, and if I edit it out i loose them all.

Do I have to go through and look at all my awaiting descriptions to see it the ma-bobber sneaked on to them?

Oh wow, that's gorgeous, TJSweepers!

Anyway, that's happened to me before as well. I'm not sure of the exact cause (although it does seem to be spacing / punctuation related, I think, as others before me have said), but yah, you might want to save those comments to word or something and then just correct and resubmit. Besides, once it gets approved they'll vanish anyway, so it makes sense to save them if you want to keep them.

Can a mod confirm if they see those weird marks, by the way? I've had descriptions approved before with them, and then they show up on the dragon's actual page, which suggests mods aren't seeing them to correct them.

Can a mod confirm if they see those weird marks, by the way? I've had descriptions approved before with them, and then they show up on the dragon's actual page, which suggests mods aren't seeing them to correct them.

I've had some older approved descriptions acquire that code text, so some of them were probably added after the issue. It must be about spacing/punctuation, since it seems to replace double-spaces (which is what    does in text - they're code for non-breaking spaces).

Usually coding and things on pages are broken when TJ's been changing stuff.

Recently, a description has been mod-rejected. (I've since expurgated all possibly unsuitable text, but the original may be somewhere in the description comments thread.) The rejection came without comment, so it must've been so obvious a reason that it didn't need to be explained. It's not so obvious to me, but I suspect it was that I mentioned a breeding project.

While reviewing, I've also read some descriptions saying so-and-so is the resident breeder or is part of a project and hit "accept" because they seem fine.

Erm.

So what's the rule regarding (the act of) "breeding"? Is it hard and fast or flexible? There's an in-cave breed description and probably others with a mention, so would a brief, less-than-a-sentence remark about breeding/mating/copulating be okay?

It's also possible it was an accidental reject, as those do happen from time to time.

How does one join the description force? I'm signing as ET for EternallyShadow if you wouldn't mind adding me smile.gif

How does one join the description force? I'm signing as ET for EternallyShadow if you wouldn't mind adding me smile.gif

Added!

-Whoops, missed the first question! There's no official way to "join" - this is just a meeting place for anyone who reviews or writes descriptions, so if you do either of those then you're welcome to stick around!

Edited by Descripforce

It's also possible it was an accidental reject, as those do happen from time to time.

Ah, could it be? May explain why there's no comment with it.

Welcome, ET, to DescriptionForce. smile.gif

I never sign my descriptions, but I've taken to reviewing again. Does anyone know where the queue stands now?

Hey Description Force! I've taken to reviewing descriptions recently, signing off with t smile.gif

I've been reviewing a lot recently, so I might as well make it official and join in on this thread. smile.gif I sign as Syl.

Would anybody mind if I post a few of my descriptions on here to see what you all think? It drives me crazy when people comment on my descriptions and I can't respond. xd.png

Does the description form block ?'s? A lot of my question marks are erased in my descriptions, making it look like spelling mistakes. It's not a big thing but it's kinda ... bleh-y? laugh.gif

Does the description form block ?'s? A lot of my question marks are erased in my descriptions, making it look like spelling mistakes. It's not a big thing but it's kinda ... bleh-y? laugh.gif

Yeah, unfortunately descriptions don't currently support question marks, so they get erased when you submit your description.

Yeah, unfortunately descriptions don't currently support question marks, so they get erased when you submit your description.

Hmmm, how funky wink.gif Thanks for clearing that up, then I don't have to try to fix them.

Hey Description Force! I've taken to reviewing descriptions recently, signing off with t smile.gif

I've been reviewing a lot recently, so I might as well make it official and join in on this thread. smile.gif I sign as Syl.

Would anybody mind if I post a few of my descriptions on here to see what you all think? It drives me crazy when people comment on my descriptions and I can't respond. xd.png

Y'all are added too! And Syl, it's perfectly fine to share your descrips here or head on over to Description Comments and respond to what others have already said.