Descripforce

Description Force!

Anyway Easter isn't that far off and I personally hope that the few free days, a lot of people get around then, might make it possible to kill the backlog once again - it worked last year smile.gif

Count me in for Easter, this was a lot of fun! biggrin.gif I'd love to help with hiding goodies next time, if that's allowed - it really does help with motivation (at least it did with me).

WOOOWW LESS THAN 4.5K!!

You're all AMAZING!*shouted out with emotion*

Updated my sig, thanks Dimar :3

Edited by Shelybear

Just poking in to say this:

As of moments ago, the Unmoderated total was: 4459.

It is slowly decreasing. *need motivational party with confetti here*

We are trying to lower this number so people don't have to continue waiting for their descriptions to show up.

Don't be afraid to help out by Reviewing User Descriptions and let us know what needs a bit of editing help. The mod team reads your reviews and they really help.

YOU who were in IRC rock! You made a dull evening into a happy and fun time to get a lot done, so thank you ALL! We'll do it again, just let me know when. smile.gif

*throws confetti all over Yoso* Gosh you always say the sweetest things! You're welcome to drop into the chat anytime. It's not always that crazy in there but it's still fun. :3 Thanks for all your hard work!

Oh gosh people are using my badge *hides*

*passes yoso confetti and chocolates* Many thanks yoso!

That day was crazy. I've never seen so many people online there at the same time. Yeah it's not always crazy but still fun:3

And Dimar, you really did a good job!*A big bear hug*

I liiiiiike this badge and I am always wondering why people can make one like this(but never figure out answer). Where's the parchment came from?

P.S. I found myself keep replying-editing all the time. Sometimes I edit it because of spelling mistakes, sometimes grammar mistakes. The worst is, most of the time I even can't realize I did made the mistakes.*sigh*

Edited by Shelybear

And Dimar, you really did the good job!*A bit bear hug*

I liiiiiike this badge and I am always wondering why people can make one like this(but never figure out answer). Where's the parchment came from?

I didn't get it from anywhere. I opened up Photoshop, set the Pencil tool to 1px, and colored in pixels. >.<

I don't really know much about pixel art so I can't help you beyond that. xd.png Still gotta learn myself... this thread needs more badges.

Edited by Dimar

My Radiant Angel description got approved! Thanks everyone! I meant to get online for the 15th, I really did, but I was sick as the proverbial dog yesterday. I'll keep reviewing though, and I'll definitely probably be on for the next Description Day. smile.gif

Oh you replied before I correcting myself!

That's amazing!I definitely know nothing about pixel art, but I can make badges/banners if they don't need to be in pixel form...I would like to try if I get any good idea:3 But for now, I need to focus on my coming examinations.

Edited by Shelybear

Got a bunch of my descriptions approved today. Thanks to everyone here for all their hard work! It's super appreciated. :3 ...I'm going to go and review some more descriptions now.

Popping int to say everyone who reviewed was awesome <3. I meant to be on more guys but real life called and there were chickens flooding the basement >.>.

My computer is also under the weather but I will be communicating with Herk and Dimar to set up the next date. Really, I'm thinking if this is what we can do in a day how about a longer event? (Dimar, Herk if you read this I'm going to try and be on tonight to discuss this over with you guys). Feel free to pm the account with dates as well as post here, or with other ideas you think would make the reviewathon more fun.

I'm out of the country for two weeks and won't be able to devote a whole day to description-reviewing until I'm back, but if it happened during a weekend (other than these two weeks for aforementioned reason) I'd be more than willing to spend a good part of the day in IRC, chomping through reviews. Granted, I may be getting a job this term so that might change my availability, but currently weekends are the best times. smile.gif

It would be very nice if in the future when mods reject my descriptions they leave their name, not so I can lambast them, but so that I can send a response to maybe explain why my two capital letters were in place, or if after I've made this change, I don't have to wait another 9 months for it to be re-approved.

However, since I can't do either of this, I was forced to make the change and will have to wait until the next go round and have the description force often confused as to why this description is showing up again (which has happened before) with edits so tiny they wouldn't notice and cannot even recall anything other than they know they've seen and commented on this description before. So I'm now re-using their time again as well.

Thank you for the time and effort you all spent and I appreciate your comments as they are fun. Unfortunately there is nothing that exists for me to provide feedback to comments, and this is a shame because I feel it wasted a lot of people's time. I guess in the future I will just follow the instructions left for me so I don't have to go thru this again as I don't really seem to be allowed to have a choice in the matter.

It would be very nice if in the future when mods reject my descriptions they leave their name, not so I can lambast them, but so that I can send a response to maybe explain why my two capital letters were in place, or if after I've made this change, I don't have to wait another 9 months for it to be re-approved.

However, since I can't do either of this, I was forced to make the change and will have to wait until the next go round and have the description force often confused as to why this description is showing up again (which has happened before) with edits so tiny they wouldn't notice and cannot even recall anything other than they know they've seen and commented on this description before. So I'm now re-using their time again as well.

Thank you for the time and effort you all spent and I appreciate your comments as they are fun. Unfortunately there is nothing that exists for me to provide feedback to comments, and this is a shame because I feel it wasted a lot of people's time. I guess in the future I will just follow the instructions left for me so I don't have to go thru this again as I don't really seem to be allowed to have a choice in the matter.

Hi Nat,

as far as I know Sock signs when she refuses, so it very probably wasn't her. At the moment I'd guess it might have been Mousia (or yosofine), from my gut feeling of who is pretty active in the queue right now or Ruby (who is always a good guess). Maybe try to contact them via pm and ask if it was them and try to explain. I guess that's your best chance.

All three of them are listed in the Desription Guidelines thread as being happy to be poked about descrips smile.gif

Edited by herk

Will do. Don't have an issue with making the changes, I just don't want ya'll have to go .... I think we already seen this one. Thanks for the suggestions!

I apologize. I have been busy with real life (and I have a cold now...)

But I will try to do some reviewing as long as I have time tongue.gif

Update: added a couple of the standard reviewers' "signatures" in the 2nd post for curious describers. If you want yours to be added just pm us smile.gif

-Herk

Edited by Descripforce

Actually, after having some troubles with harassment, I stopped signing my name. I figured people could ask their questions in the descrip guidelines thread and it could be taken care of there.

Actually, after having some troubles with harassment, I stopped signing my name. I figured people could ask their questions in the descrip guidelines thread and it could be taken care of there.

Oh - OK. Good to know. Not so good on the harassment front sad.gif

BTW Dimar, Lagie, love_HP and I are in the channel - come and join us smile.gif

I just submitted 33 Sweetling descriptions to the queue at the same time, so if you're reviewing and come across a sudden wall of pink... I'm so sorry guys. D: I rarely describe but Sweetlings are special cases so I had a lot to do. tongue.gif

I feel a little awkward being the only one posting descriptions for proofreading, but I got an Abstain on this one because "all i saqw was "scroll of the keeper" and i was like wow this is too deep" so I wanted to see what y'all thought.

Beskrywer is a friendly, observant dragon with a passion for writing. She is rarely seen without her roll of parchment under one claw, or her pen tucked carefully behind her golden horns. She enjoys passing time by making up stories about the other dragons in her cave. After she's through writing, she passes the finished story around the cave to see the dragons' reactions.

Beskrywer is the only dragon to have held the Scroll of the Keeper- the list of all the dragons in the realm. She found the Scroll one day while the Keeper was sleeping, and carefully began to copy her stories onto it. She wasn't able to write much before the Keeper awoke, but has been quietly adding to the Scroll ever since.

EDIT: Thanks, Lagie and Herk. smile.gif I was a little concerned about fourth-wall breaking.

Edited by Stormphoenix42

I think it's great! smile.gif I wouldn't worry too much about an abstain.

I'm with Lagie on this - this is fine smile.gif

I'm checking my comments for some descriptions and one comment told me to post here so..

Tide Master is a busy dragon to many. Although he isn't the oldest in his tribe, he is one of the most important. Being the dragon who found the underwater cave section of the main cave, he is in charge of looking after his water friends. Tide Master is quite busy, and usually most of his eggs stay with him. Although many do leave the cave to join others. He is very swift in the deep water, and has strong magic to allow him to slither on land. Tide Master will seem very proud and stuck up, but he has to be. The other dragon leaders of the tribe often look down on aquatic dragons. But, he holds a lot of respect for Emperor Tiga Fin and many of the leaders.
Edited by Tiga

Tide Master is a busy dragon to many. Although he isn't the oldest in his tribe, he is one of the most important. Being the dragon who found the underwater cave section of the main cave, he is in charge of looking after his water friends. Tide Master is quite busy, and usually most of his eggs stay with him. Although many do leave the cave to join others. He is very swift in the deep water, and has strong magic to allow him to slither on land. Tide Master will seem very proud and stuck up, but he has to be. The other dragon leaders of the tribe often look down on aquatic dragons. But, he holds a lot of respect for Emperor Tiga Fin and many of the leaders.

A few questions and suggestions:

How is he busy to many? This sentence is awkward. Do you mean

Tide Master seems to many to be a very busy dragon?

Although many do leave the cave to join others. - This is a fragment and might work better if connected to the preceding sentence, i.e.

Tide Master is quite busy, and usually most of his eggs stay with him, although many do leave the cave to join others.

How does the eggs leaving fit with him being busy? The two things aren't really connected.

Tide Master may seem very proud (works better than will)

The other dragon leaders of the tribe often look down on aquatic dragons, but Tide Master holds a lot of respect for Emperor Tiga Fin and many of the leaders. If you connect the two sentences and change he to Tide Master, it's clearer about whom you're speaking.

@Tiga: Lagie has some good points. I don't think I have anything more to add.

I just submitted 33 Sweetling descriptions to the queue at the same time, so if you're reviewing and come across a sudden wall of pink... I'm so sorry guys. D: I rarely describe but Sweetlings are special cases so I had a lot to do.

*cough* Eh... actually I just checked my descriptions and a mod came through and Approved all of them. I wonder if that's a record for fastest description approval ever. Well, all of you are spared the massive pink wall, it seems. wink.gif Thank you, whoever it was!

I knew I should have saved Herk's lovely comments earlier. x3

Edited by Dimar