Descripforce

Description Force!

Ahhh my favourite fallen angel smile.gif

After Dimar's cnage it's pretty perfect <3

I see plenty of cut off descriptions with +20 ratings. While they're good, they're still cut-off, which is, unfortunately, an auto-reject.” Every part of the description guidelines is pretty important and a lot of it seems to get ignored by a lot of reviewers now. Any help is help. :3

My english fails me. What in the world is a cut off description and why is it against the description guidelines?

I just reread TJ's rules and it did not mention anything about 'cut off' or at least I could not spot it.

My english fails me. What in the world is a cut off description and why is it against the description guidelines?

I just reread TJ's rules and it did not mention anything about 'cut off' or at least I could not spot it.

A cut-off description is one that is too many characters, and thus is cut off at the end, generally making no logical sense (which I think, is the reason they're against the rules). From what I can see, they don't happen so much anymore now that the character counter has been added.

blink.gif Looks like I misunderstood the meaning of "cut-off description". Thanks for explaining!

Added a few things to the FAQ in the second post. More little notes will still be added along the way, so let us know if there's anything you think should be addressed.

Also, we plan to have a reviewing event starting March 15th. We'll announce more details closer to the date, but for now we're planning to pull in mods to help work on the queue and you can also get the chance to win eggs. We hope to get more people reviewing for a few days and hanging out in #descripdoom!

~Dimar cool.gif

Is it too much to ask for the contents added to the posts next time to be in other colors, like purple?

Is it too much to ask for the contents added to the posts next time to be in other colors, like purple?

We can start doing that HP, thanks for the idea

Okay, after a comment from a user that the OP was still difficult to follow, I did more fiddling to it. I took out some things and summarized others, as well as streamlined the links. Per love_HP's idea, I marked the brand-new information in purple. Those are really just a signature badge made by Enigmatron as well as good chunks of the FAQ in the second post (though part of that was moved from the OP). Most of my fiddling was removing and editing rather than adding.

Banners or badges would still be great, if anyone likes making those things! Dimar might try but she's not very good at this and has a terrible fear of people using things she's made anyway.

I hope things are a bit better now. Excuse our dust. happy.gif

-Dimar

P.S.: It's been noted that reviewing seems to be a bit slow at the moment, so any little bit helps at the moment! Hopefully in our March event we can get some better motivation flowing. *hands out cookies* :3

Edited by Descripforce

Oh nooo! I probably won't be able to take part on March 15 sad.gif Because I'm getting two kittens on March 15 and I think I'm gonna be VERY busy with them for a long time sad.gif

Happy March 1st, everybody! I'm setting a goal for myself- I'm going to try to review at least 15 descriptions a day until the describe/review-a-thon on the 15th.

(Good luck with the kittens, Jascuty!)

I'm trying to go through several descriptions everyday and see how far I can go. But actually I doubt that I will never see the end of the queue!

I always use "xxx->xxx" format to correct the spelling mistakes but since I am definitely not good at grammar, I used to ignore the grammar mistakes...( sometimes I even cannot realize its appearance but I will correct it if I find it).

Many thanks to the hard-working mods.XD.

-Autumn

Edited by Shelybear

I've got a new semi-fandom description. It's for a Male Brimstone dragon named Old Man Henderson:

This dragon, known only as "Henderson", lives alone in a secluded cave. He's painted one wall to resemble a beach, and spends hours staring at it. He has a strange obsession with statues of small creatures, which he calls "lawn gnomes". Each statue in his collection has a name, though most of them are simply referred to as "Charlie". Henderson's only companions are the gnomes and a stuffed parrot named Rupert. Other dragons are slightly frightened by Henderson, correctly assuming that he is insane. Henderson believes that the rest of the dragons are after his statues, and will chase off any that are brave enough to approach his lair, screaming at them in a nearly incomprehensible accent to stay away from his gnomes. He then retreats to his cave, mumbling "Hastur" under his breath.

I wanted to add something about poodles, but nothing I tried seemed to fit. Not sure how much sense this makes to anyone who doesn't know the story. Probably none at all. I'm ok with that, it feels appropriate.

EDIT: Thanks, Lagie!

Edited by Stormphoenix42

*googles* Hmm. That description fits pretty well with what I dredged up! Have fun with it! smile.gif

I've been reviewing, don't expect to get to the end of the queue any time soon, though! xd.png

And of course... I'm working in the day on the 15th and have a family function I can't get out of in the evening. rolleyes.gif Hopefully, I'll be able to get online in between to check out the description event!

I'll be modding descriptions that day (just don't let me forget smile.gif ).

Ahhhhh sorry to everyone who's submitted descriptions lately! I've been visiting various family members for Spring Break and there's been less Internet access than expected. So I haven't been able to review and probably won't have the opportunity to start getting caught back up until... the 15th, coincidentally. xd.png

Waiting for coming event alot.png.

It's less than 6 hours for me, but to match your time I think I will come in morning(which is evening here).

I'm curious on what we will do that day?

Edited by Shelybear

REVIEWATHON DAY!

Hello fellow descripforcers and doomers its time for the Reviewathon. Several events will take place at the same time. First there will be hourly raffles starting a little later in the morning in Descripdoom. Feel free to come and offer eggs, and one of our lovely hops, ops, or dimar will help get you set into a queue to raffle off your eggs to fellow reviewers. The room will also be graced by several mods today who will be reviewing dragons along side you, its sure to be a fun time.

But what would an event be without a contest right?

Well here's one! There are six dragons in the queue written by Herk, Dimar, and Brairtrainer. These dragons are either writers or have a speech tic. If you find one of these dragons simply sign your name when you review it and leave a comment, then pm the owner of the scroll for your prize. Be quick though, as we only have a limited number of pairs to breed and we are also doing raffles.

Reviewed all the chickens cause reading those is fun smile.gif Will be doing more throughout the day.

Found one of the special dragons already. ^^ This is really fun!

I've added a few of my own dragons to the queue as well. laugh.gif

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Yes, this should be interesting. I do need to sleep soon, so I won't actually start getting caught back up on reviewing until tomorrow... Luckily I will be online in the morning so eggs can be given out and such. Hopefully I see lots of people there when I log on. biggrin.gif

Yay for mods and reviewers! Let's take a chunk out of the queue.

Found one of the special dragons already. ^^ This is really fun!

That would be because I derped was late in writing mine and literally just submitted them instead of burying them a bit in the queue... laugh.gif

LOL and you're not the only one who found a Sweetling of mine. I definitely should have written these earlier! We may have to submit more later if these all get found too quickly - but that means there's people actively reviewing and that's great!

-edit: Yes, my speech impediment dragon has been found! My writing one is slightly further back, so I'm still waiting for someone to find him.

Edited by Dimar

Descripforce, I sent you a PM. I promised on tumblr (applicable to everyone, not just users from tumblr) that I would personally mod the descriptions of anybody who stopped by to review today. While I'm not there, can you guys help keep a list of scrollnames for me?

Hi guys - I'm on now smile.gif

I'll be in the channel and in the queue and sporadically checking in here. I'll make a list of reviewers as best as I can Sock smile.gif