Hisa

How to gain weight successfully?

I weigh 98 lbs and I'm 5'3", I've been losing weight pretty rapidly cause I haven't felt like eating since I've been really stressed lately... It's annoying. I'm a vegan for ethical reasons and I'm not gonna change that just for the purpose of gaining weight. I'm stubborn hahah. I weighed 121 in March.

I heard that eating peanut butter by the spoonful helps gain weight, I've yet to try it though. Honestly, the past 5 months I've been living off of coffee and minimal food. It's unhealthy and I know it is but I've been focusing on other things than health. I dunno.

I weigh 98 lbs and I'm 5'3", I've been losing weight pretty rapidly cause I haven't felt like eating since I've been really stressed lately... It's annoying. I'm a vegan for ethical reasons and I'm not gonna change that just for the purpose of gaining weight. I'm stubborn hahah. I weighed 121 in March.

I heard that eating peanut butter by the spoonful helps gain weight, I've yet to try it though. Honestly, the past 5 months I've been living off of coffee and minimal food. It's unhealthy and I know it is but I've been focusing on other things than health. I dunno.

Though my go to won't help you because you're vegan (whole milk) I reccomend that you go back over what food you keep avalible and swap out things that aren't as nutrient dense for stuff that is more nutrient dense (kale instead of iceburg lettuce, no celery). I'd also recomend seeing a doctor or a nutritionest to figure out your next steps since you don't eat meat/dairy which can be loaded with fat to help.

Also Guacomole can help when you're not feeling hungry, because its loaded with good fat and our bodies are programed to say fat=good.

If you're dead set on gaining weight, eat a bit more than you normally would (make sure you mostly eat healthy food though) and start exercising. You don't want to gain weight through unhealthy means- that will cause more harm than good. I was underweight for a long time, and this is what worked for me.

Still, it's ok to be a bit underweight, so long as you're healthy. I would talk to a doctor next time you see one about your weight- they could give you a more accurate idea of what is normal at your age.

Mostly, though, just don't worry. ^.^ It's more important to feel good about yourself than to feel "normal".

Edited by ShadowMac13