CrystalSetsuna

Shimmers/Tinsels: Favorite Pairings?

What do you think pairs best with a Shimmer or Tinsel?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If I ever get the chance to own a 2G Shimmer from the mate of my choice, I'd love these pairings:

- female Silver Shimmer x male Silver (this is my personal favorite! :3)

- Gold Shimmer x Gold

- female Silver Shimmer x male Tan Ridgewing

It really depends on the color of the Tinsel/Shimmer with me

Personally, I'm someone who either likes things to compliment each other (like Silver Shimmer - Silver dragon for example) or for them to 'clash' with each other (like Gold Tinsel - Neo-tropical/bright pink [To my eyes - they're too bright for each other])

If a stairstep, I'd love to see each generation be a new breed, in a rainbow or color progression pattern.

Somebody is doing something similar, I picked up a fail in the AP that had a different breed for each step. Too bad I tossed it back....

I'm partial to 3 breed stairs myself and i think BP and Neo x gold shimmer would be interesting. I think I have seen a frill/BP lineage somewhere too. cool.gif

any prize x flamingo (seriously I'd die if I got a second gen prize from a flamingo, though I'd also try and checker it leading to it never getting bred ><)

I like both breeds with Coppers, though my favorite would have to be Silver Shimmer X Green Copper and Silver Tinsel X Red Copper. I also like both breeds with female Grays and Whites (and Sweetlings of course). I think I might like Flamingos too, but I haven't seen examples so I'm not sure.

I like Gold Shimmer X BBW, any Shimmer X Waverunner, and Bronze Shimmer X Ember. As for Tinsels, I like Gold Tin X Ribbon Dancer and green Nebula, Silver Tin X Hellfire, and Bronze Tin X Swallowtail and purple Nebula.

But really, any lineage with prizes is pretty if it's EG. Such a nice change from stairsteps and I like the patterns better.

i love how the silver shimmer with solstice looks or nocturne or green copper or Nhio or blusang

gold shimmer with Water dragon or Terrea or Nhio

bronze shimmer with tan ridgewing or red or brown copper

I'm really jonesin' for a red-finned tidal x silver shimmer.

Although solstice x gold would probably be gorgeous too.

I'm partial to the silver tinsel x sunsong pairing.

for me, i'm partial to EG's, Checkers and multiple breed stairs.

checkers and EG's like her, him, him and especially her the color combo on the thuwed one is just stunning, the Harvest really goes well to immitate the Tinsel imo.

they're harder to complete, but thats part of the fun for me when it comes to the EG's and Checkers.

mutliple breeds like him, him, her, him, him, her and especially him wub.gif

i especially love the common/holiday steps and spirals, because it gives people without the holiday mate a chance to continue the lineage. for instance, i dont have a CB snow angle for this girl but i can still continue it because i have plenty of stripes and can catch more if need be happy.gif

personally, the pastels of the 09 Valentine and the female Moonstone are just stunning. same goes with the Arsani (since both the 09 and Arsani are the same color pink see really matches the flow color wise) its just a very asthetically appeasing combo imo.

i'd love to see more 2 breed and checker prize lineages out there *nods* theres a few shimmer and tinsel EG's out there that i can't wait to get my hands on. ones a Red/Gold Wyvren checker *drools* a very bold and stunning color combo.

as for single breeds .... my favs that i've come across so far are

gold shim - him i'm holding my breath and crossing just about everything i can that eventually a shimmer is produced for this lineage. i cannot wait to get my hands on a gold shim with that pairing!

silver shim - him wub.gif the colors just go so well together.

bronze shim - this pairing though i'm hunting for a spiral currently. but i love the contrast of the bold deep blues. but i also like the contrast of her lineage as well.

gold tin - have to say, out of all the lineages i've seen, i'm partial to hers

silver tin - really wanting the same lineage as the silver shim above, but i also adore these three combos: spitfire, balloon, and Pebble i will say tho, that the gold wyvren x silver tin color combo is brilliant.

bronze tin - i have a few that are tied: Whiptail, Albino, Stone, Neotropical, Swallowtail and Male moonstone. theres also a mint x Bronze tin stair lineage out there that i'd love to add to my collection. the bright green against the bronze is wonderful.

when it comes to single breed lineages, i love seeing the cave blocker lineages tbh. hard as heck to produce, but gosh its nice to see them with prizes happy.gif

It really depends on the color of the Tinsel/Shimmer with me

Personally, I'm someone who either likes things to compliment each other (like Silver Shimmer - Silver dragon for example) or for them to 'clash' with each other (like Gold Tinsel - Neo-tropical/bright pink [To my eyes - they're too bright for each other])

i dunno abotu with Golds, but the Neos look stellar with Bronze Tinsels

If a stairstep, I'd love to see each generation be a new breed, in a rainbow or color progression pattern.

you mean like this wink.gif not rainbow, but there is a pattern that i'm trying with color (alternating pink & Blue/Green)

theres also this guy, who is nothing but holidays and this guy whose a spiral not a stair.

Edited by Red2111

wow Red. you really went into detail xd.png

though i think you may have converted me to Gold Tinsel x Moonstone, it looks so gorgeous! never thought about moonstones.*strokes chin thoughtfully*

Hmm...there are so many wonderful combos out there...I do have to say that the following are some of my favorites [this is just browsing my own lineages, and a few I've seen that stuck in my head for how much I liked them =) ]

Gold Shimmer X Water [don't have yet]

Gold Shimmer X Sunsong [don't have yet]

Silver Shimmer X Green Copper

Silver Shimmer X Moonstone

Bronze Shimmer X Red Dorsal [don't have yet]

Bronze Shimmer X Alt Tan Ridgewing

Bronze Shimmer X Ember

Gold Tinsel X Sunset

Silver Tinsel X Green

Bronze Tinsel X Terrae

EDIT

Oooooh after looking at a few linked above me, i LOVE the Gold Shimmer X Black Cap Teimarr and the Silver Shimmer X Waterwalker and Bronze X Whiptail/Albino! Hope to find lineages like those some day

Edited by Sirithiliel

I love Silver Shimmers with Shadowwalkers. Looks all dignified and mysterious. biggrin.gif

And I recently saw a Gold Shimmer x Nebula spiral line where the Nebula colors (regular and "alt") were alternated. So gorgeous.

you mean like this    ;)  not rainbow, but there is a pattern that i'm trying with color (alternating pink & Blue/Green)

theres also this guy, who is nothing but holidays and this guy whose a spiral not a stair.

:D It's really neat to see something like that, that doesn't look similar to so much other stuff out there.

Ooh, I've also fallen in love with the Electric x Gold pairing. If I ever get on a list for a 2G Gold Shimmer/Tinsel, I'll request for an Electric mate. wub.gif

I have just discovered that I love Bronze Tinsel x Gold-horned Tangar. I love the contrast between the bright colors, and Tangars are one of my favorite breeds. I like the position of the male sprite more than the female so a stair of a female Bronze Tinsel and male Tangar would look lovely. I would kill for a 2nd gen from that pairing. o3o

Edited by KaelaBoo24

I'm actually looking for a lineage to start with the prize that I won. Its a CB Bronze tinsel and I would like to breed it with something not too hard to obtain. Any ideas?

Hi, simbinana. smile.gif Here are a few Bronze Tinsel pairings that I find interesting: Swallowtail, Gold-horned Tangar, Deep Sea, Whiptail, Moonstone, Stone, Neotropical, Terrae.

I especially love Bronze Tinsel x female Swallowtail and Moonstone lines. wub.gif You could also try breeding your Tinsel with a Copper (any color), though I'm not quite sure how that would end. Best of luck in breeding! biggrin.gif

Edited by Evolette

I find it hard to vote in the poll because it depends so much on the colour of the Shimmer/Tinsel.

I think Silver Shimmers look great with pretty much everything. biggrin.gif Especially Blusang, maybe.

I like Bronze Shimmers with Shadow Walkers and Vines.

Gold Shimmers go well with White, male Silver, Vines, Winter Mage, Ribbon Dancer...

I'm not a huge Tinsel fan but I like theBronze and Gold ones with Vines too. The Silver Tinsels go well with blue Nebula I think.

Still dreaming of Gold Shimmer x Stripe... *sighs*

I'd love to see a Bronze Shimmer x Stripe lineage too but I must say I loooove how the Royal Blues look with all shimmers, male Tri-Horns and Speckles with bronze shimmers.

I'm actually looking for a lineage to start with the prize that I won. Its a CB Bronze tinsel and I would like to breed it with something not too hard to obtain. Any ideas?

I guess it depends on what gender your Tinsel is (btw congrats!). Maybe I'm just biased because I love Tri-Horn but if your Tinsel is a female a Bronze Tinsel x Tri-Horn lineage would be real pretty. smile.gif

Edited by Raphy

That is kool Eri. I think Golds with gold shimmers would look awesome.

Gold x Gold Shimmer - like this?

Probably be the very devil to get a shimmer from but I like these->

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=2&mate=el0Ls

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=2&mate=BYpea

Because I could only vote for one, I put other metallics, but I actually like to see many more breeds with them. I think whites, pinks and blues look great with silvers, while anything red, pink, green or black looks great with the golds and bronzes. Although, black and silver does have its appeal. I would love to see a silver tinsel with a black alt.

I'm partial to the white dragons, honestly. I don't really know why. I should probably hoard them. xd.png

Edited by LadyFoxfire