CrystalSetsuna

Shimmers/Tinsels: Favorite Pairings?

What do you think pairs best with a Shimmer or Tinsel?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I know we're all very excited about the new Tinsels and Shimmer's that have been raffled off this holiday season, and we're all dreaming about the lineages we want the most. But while thinking about this, I realized it's possible it's never been fully discussed what lineages people like most!

Of course in trades, we see people looking for specific lineages, but why not have a general consensus? Let's see what the populace thinks looks best with this rare dragons. Pick your favorite that you love to see with a Tinsel or Shimmer of any color! For really specific stuff or clarification on what you picked, for example you picked Nebula but only like the purple Nebulas, say so! Or feel free to just gush about why you think a specific pairing looks gorgeous!

Please remember this is a thread for personal opinions and discussion about what is attractive in a pairing/lineage. No rude remarks if someone likes a pairing you think is ugly or ridiculous. This is also NOT a thread to pester someone who gushes about a lineage of theirs you might want an egg from. Be respectful!

Oh, I love them with autumns!! *Votes for seasonals!* I love the way they just look like they're teasing the shimmers!!! They just look incredible with gold shimmers!!

Edited by Saltpath

Sunsongs look good with just about all of them. I adore Silver Shimmers with female Silvers (the poses and colors match so well <3), and Green Coppers. Silver Tinsels look great with female Tan Ridgewings. I really like Bronze Shimmers with Luminas and Royal Crimsons.

There's a lot of nice combos out there smile.gif

I just love the way all of them look next to a Royal Crimson. That's how royalty is supposed to look, regal and impressive! wub.gif

Of course, the Green Coppers look good with all of them too, but I see the male Coppers as a bit of a prankster, like a king who would place whoopee cushions in all the dining room chairs! rolleyes.gif

For me, it depends mostly on the color of shimmer/tinsel. I like to have mates with similar shapes and pleasing color combinations, whether they are rare or not.

wow, i'm kind of amazed and intrigued by all these personality quirks you think the dragons have!^^ makes a rather intresting read.

i personally like the metallics paired with a Shimmer/Tinsel, just because it's all shiny metal!

I like all the prizes with Guardians. Guardians are awesome, I have a 2G silver Tinsel and Shimmer from Guardian.

Aside from that, I put male prizes with Solstice in Paint and it looks really good- gold looks best, then silver, and bronze still looks nice, both Tinsel and Shimmer.

Aside from that, I put male prizes with Solstice in Paint and it looks really good- gold looks best, then silver, and bronze still looks nice, both Tinsel and Shimmer.

Someone bred that already. It is awesome. I WANTS one! D: *pokes LC with a stick* Wai U no male? ;A;

Ahem. Anyway.

I usually like pairs with good colour contrast or combinations, or pairs in which the shapes of the sprites are complementary. I really love silver Shimmer x green Copper. Other pairings I've bred (or been asked to breed) that I really like are silver Shimmer x male Purple, Coastal Waverunner, green Nebula, Guardian, male Silver. Silver Tinsels also work great with blue- or green- coloured dragons. I really love the bronzes with Red dragons, and I also really like this as a combination.

If i ever got a cb silver shimmer, i would definitely breed it to a solstice.

I would love to see a Silver Tinsel or Shimmer x Nocturne pairing. I love Nocturnes. <3

There you go. tongue.gif It's a pairing I might go back to at some point...

I love shimmers with coppers, particularly green copper X silver shimmer

I have recently fallen in love with the Silver Shinmer-scale x Solstice Dragon pairing. It looks stunning. So as of now my dream dragon is a 2nd gen from that pair. Nocturnes look good too. There's too many I like to name but those are my top two. biggrin.gif

I choose royal blue! Female royal blue with a silver shimmer to be exact. I think it would go well with my eventual royal blue egg from royal blue x golden wyvern thuwed biggrin.gif

Edited by Sarah864

If a stairstep, I'd love to see each generation be a new breed, in a rainbow or color progression pattern.

Gold Tinsel x Sunrise Male

Gold Tinsel x Gold Male

Silver Tinsel x Guardian

Silver Tinsel x Ice

Bronze Tinsel x Seragamma Female

Bronze Tinsel x Ember Female

Gold Shimmer x Blusang Male

Gold Shimmer x White

Gold Shimmer x Canopy Male

Silver Shimmer x Purple Female

Silver Shimmer x Tan Ridgewing Male

Bronze Shimmer x Thunder

Bronze Shimmer x Ember Male

I generally like Embers with prizes, but mainly with Bronzes. <3

If that tinsel/shimmers is gold, I will pair with any other gold. (gold dragon, golden wyvern, golden prize);;