TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

So I randomly checked my email a couple of days ago and lo and behold, I won in the raffle! biggrin.gif I won second place!!!

It's a silver shimmerscale smile.gif

Congrats xd.png

No email for me though sad.gif

I'm honestly glad it's not a new dragon. I had no shot at winning and if it was a new dragon there'd be no chance of getting one for a year or two.

I think it's a good thing it's tinsels and shimmers again. With a wider pool of them, that means they won't be as insanely hard to get and not worth quite as much. Shimmer inflation was absolutely ridiculous, I couldn't get anything, and my first shimmer was this one and it made me so happy because it WAS a shimmer: Not that pretty

2 1/2 months after they were handed out and this was the best I could get my hands on no matter what, ahaha. I offered so many trades from what I had and not a single bite.

But I digress. With things set up this way, the haves won't be as much set apart than the have nots, which is a pretty big problem when there's 8 or 9 people who can consistently catch 7 CB metals every week who can get pretty much whatever they want, including second gens.

I don't know how they do it, it just seems like cheating to me, I dunno. But when you throw 4 CB golds at anyone for an egg, well, it just seems more likely that they'd get it over you not having any and only offering, say, 3 2nd gen metals because you don't have anything better.

With more people having tinsels and shimmers, and some of them seeming really nice and friendly, I think there's more of a chance for the have nots to get something good.

Hopefully the new owners won't be as dazzled by shinies. ^^;

Edited by zaverxi

I admit, I'm a bit disappointed. Not in not winning, I'm actually glad I didn't. No, I'm disappointed that there are no new dragons. It's just more of an already flooded market of Shimmers, Tinsils and other current dragons.

Maybe next year, my dream of metallic pygmy prizes will come true. :-)

But for now, I don't really think the Shimmer/Tinsel market is flooded at all-- you can tell because they don't sit on the AP for more than one refresh like other saturated eggs. Their value has deflated, especially for long-gen ones, but there are still nowhere near as many of them around as gold or silver eggs, I don't think. So introducing more CB's of them is definitely still welcome, IMHO!

This way, the haves won't be as much set apart than the have nots, which is a pretty big problem when there's 8 or 9 people who can consistently catch 7 CB metals every week who can get pretty much whatever they want, including second gens.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm afraid you are wrong here. From my experience, offering CB Metallics leads to pretty much nothing but heavy view-bombing, harassment and anger coming from people you don't even know. smile.gif

I don't know what happens in case of trades where people post, like, 15 CB Metallics at once, since I've never managed to gather so many on my scroll at a given moment, but I think it's pretty safe to say that such people do not have much success either. And the reasons behind that aren't that CB owners are greedy and only want 30 CB Metals or whatnot, but because lists are usually closed and they prefer not to take more requests, which is understandable and logical.

That's the reason some statements like, "If I win a Prize, I will only be giving 2nd gens to newbies because people who are rich have 150 2nd gens already," disappoint me to some extent. I do understand that one is allowed to do anything they like with their Prize, that's not the point; it's the spirit of it that is frustrating, because it's based on a false assumption that the 2nd gen Prize market is totally controlled by the rich ones. Honestly, let's face it: pretty much *no one* can get a spot on the list these days, especially if some time has passed after the latest Prize "wave".

It's very random and depends on a lot of factors. I've been offering big trades for 2nd gens for a while now, and do you think that when I did get on some lists I had to pay that? Not at all, because those deals I managed to agree upon in the past had *nothing* to do with my trade posts, with a couple exceptions. Fairly certain that I'm not the only one like that.

Just thought to toss that in to clarify a bit.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I would like to point out that every year we get a new Christmas dragon. The following year, it is impossible to get caveborns of that dragon, only those who have been bred to the AP or traded.

SO, in a sense, you have been given a unique CB that any newer people who join the following year would not be able to obtain through normal means. I know I was jealous of all those people who were around for hollies, they would've gotten their own CBs for it just by looking in the cave as a release for that year! They didn't need an honourable mention.

Fast forward to 2013/2014. Your CB Christmases from this year are now just as special to anyone who looks back on you next year, or the years after that! So if you want to feel proud of something, feel proud for your current release! I know I am grateful for all the CB dragons I've been around to collect!

To anyone who is curious.Here is the 1st place prize(tinsel) selecting page.

user posted image

and there's an option for the lower prize if they want to update to higher prize if someone higher withdraws.

First,it's NOT me who won the prize.

Second don't ask me who wins the prize,he doesn't want to open a list now.

So please don't PM me anything about the prize or the owner of the prize,if you do any of this,I won't reply and will put you into blacklist.

THANK YOU for posting this!

I had forgotten to screen cap mine (albeit - I won a 3rd Place one, but at least this will remind me of what the page looked like [and I can easily photoshop it to the right data])

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but you vastly overestimate the trading power of CB metals. Most prizewinners are not actually interested in CB metals no MATTER HOW MANY YOU OFFER, especially with the recent rise in messages such as "I will not trade 2g offspring unless for bloodswaps" which does exactly what it says on the tin.

Edited by DarkEternity

I had forgotten to screen cap mine (albeit - I won a 3rd Place one, but at least this will remind me of what the page looked like [and I can easily photoshop it to the right data])

Congrats!

It's a pity that I can't be on your list.

This is what 3rd place Tinsel looks like.

Yay! Pictures. :3 I think I'll just stare at one and daydream for a bit... xd.png

Congrats to the winners! biggrin.gif

I still don't think the prize dragons will be getting more plentiful. Yes there will obviously be more than years past, but I'm sure the breeding ratios will be tweaked to prevent them from becoming too common. I hope this isn't the case, but I feel it's going to happen. Either way people like me are going to have to wait a while to get low gens. tongue.gif

Thank you for the congrats, everyone smile.gif

you guys are like vultures oh god I'm getting so many PMs wat do ._.;;

Ignore them until you had time to enjoy your prize nd let the inbox bounce the rude people bothering you xd.png

Ignore them until you had time to enjoy your prize nd let the inbox bounce the rude people bothering you xd.png

Not everyone who PMs is "rude" ._.

Hmmm, did I send you a PM? :s

Yes you did; I'm just trying to figure out how to respond to everything :'D;;;; I think I need a few days... argh

Thank you for the congrats, everyone smile.gif

Just take your time.

I have checkered everyone's profile before I pm.

Edited by Mercury

This makes me kind of want to fake I have a cb prize to see how many pms I'd get and then laugh at the number!

dragchick, just take your time. They don't all have to be answered right away.

This makes me kind of want to fake I have a cb prize to see how many pms I'd get and then laugh at the number!

I can send your a pm if you wish. tongue.gif

Dragchick could also use a canned response smile.gif

I've gotten several PMs too. Probably not as many as the Prize winners tongue.gif . Most of them are just 'congratulations', and to everyone who has sent them or posted a general 'Congratulations' on this board. Thank you!

Yes you did; I'm just trying to figure out how to respond to everything :'D;;;; I think I need a few days... argh

Don't worry avout it. It was just about if you were taking a list/IOUs for 2nd gen offsprings rolleyes.gif . Im guessing a bunch of pms were the same, you should just put something in your profile like "stop PMing me" or "not making a list" or something.

@Erica8798 I swear we keep on trying for the same lists xd.png I'll just send 2 PMs next time, one for me and one for you tongue.gif

Edited by Sarah864