TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

Oh man, I check my email before going to bed and I see a big

"Hello, Congratulations! You have been chosen as one of the winners in Dragon Cave's Holiday 2013 Raffle." I almost fell out of my chair. :'D This is my first time winning anything on DC. Thanks TJ. ;w;

Now I haven't been keeping up with DC dragon wise, I just make sure to keep up with the holiday events. What does the eastern-style dragon mean? Is that a new dragon? OTL

I need to make sure so I can make my choice.

Congratulations you two! I'm one of those who didn't win. But then again, I expected it. smile.gif

"Hello, Congratulations! You have been chosen as one of the winners in Dragon Cave's Holiday 2013 Raffle." I almost fell out of my chair. :'D This is my first time winning anything on DC. Thanks TJ. ;w;

Now I haven't been keeping up with DC dragon wise, I just make sure to keep up with the holiday events. What does the eastern-style dragon mean? Is that a new dragon? OTL

It means you got a Shimmer. TJ clarified this in the IRC. The westerns are Tinsels and the easterns are Shimmers.

Edit: Grabbed the lines from there that explained it, for those who want to see

[01:32:18] <%Sky> TJ09: no new prize dragons/tinsels/shimmers? Or can those 150 select any dragon but the mentioned ones not up for getting

[01:32:45] <~TJ09> Sky, I'm not sure what you're asking?

[01:33:07] <%Sky> TJ09: asking if they can ask for shimmers/tinsels too, and if there are "new" Prize dragons.

[01:33:17] <%Sky> sorry, my english isn't the best today >.<

[01:34:04] <~TJ09> 60 people won western prizes ("tinsels") and 60 people won eastern prizes ("shimmers")

Edited by Commander Wymsy

Another winner~ Congratulations! ^^

It has been speculated that the Eastern style dragons are the shimmerscales. biggrin.gif

Edit: Welp, they /are/ the shimmerscales. xd.png

Edited by Nazgod

It means you got a Shimmer. TJ clarified this in the IRC. The westerns are Tinsels and the easterns are Shimmers.

Aww thats what I thought but definitely not what I hoped for... dry.gif Ah, well. Maybe there will be something new next year. Congrats to the winners anyway!

Another year has gone and I did not win again, but we have the next year... Congratulations to the winners! This year was certainly a special year with 150 winners! laugh.gif

Anyway, I had fun with a snow wars, thank you! happy.gif

Congrats. smile.gif

I checked the link as well, just in case. But...

"Sorry, you were not selected as a winner in the 2013 Holiday Raffle." sad.gif

Hah, yeah, same. Even when you know the chances are incredibly slim you still hope for it. I hope active players get the draggies :/

I didn't get an email, but: http://dragcave.net/holidays13-raffle said I won. smile.gif

Congrats!

You've likely been reading this thread, but various people will doubtless be posting this URL for the winners user guide hither and yon:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=157843

The info by those who've been through this might save people all sorts of problems.

According to some to helpful winners, (and to logic, I suppose, lol) you could start getting a lot of peeks at your scroll prior to even getting your dragon, so if you haven't, you might want to hide your scroll or Fog growing dragons you can't watch/check frequently right away.

The prize selection page should show a picture of the adult you've won, but yes, the prize dragons from previous years are making their return.

Because the only holidays allowed are Christmas ones, as it was a CHRISTMAS event.

Thank you very much for the reply, but if that is the case, it's rather silly. It's not actually "a CHRISTMAS event" as you put it, it's a "Holiday Raffle." The Christmas event was the fort we constructed which entered us into this entirely separate entity, the "Holiday Raffle." Christmas dragons are by far not the only thing you can select as your prize, so outlawing non-Christmas holidays from the fun still does not make sense to me. lol Whatever. I am still glad we have this little raffle every year, even if the rules don't make sense to me. ^.^

"Congratulations, you have been drawn as one of the 2nd place winners in the 2013 Holiday Raffle." ohmy.gif

Holy cow. My first time winning anything here on DC. Thank you TJ! And everyone!

And congratulations to all the other winners!

/exciteeeeeeeeed laugh.gif

Congrats to all the winners!

Bye bye custom-coded Flamingo sad.gif ....but the whole event was fun and in the end that's all that counts.

Congratulations, winners! And now that it's 99% done, thanks TJ and the Cavers for a great holiday season! Much appreciated. <3

Thank you very much for the reply, but if that is the case, it's rather silly. It's not actually "a CHRISTMAS event" as you put it, it's a "Holiday Raffle." The Christmas event was the fort we constructed which entered us into this entirely separate entity, the "Holiday Raffle." Christmas dragons are by far not the only thing you can select as your prize, so outlawing non-Christmas holidays from the fun still does not make sense to me. lol Whatever. I am still glad we have this little raffle every year, even if the rules don't make sense to me. ^.^

Just about everywhere on the site, "Holiday Event"/"Holiday Dragon"/"Holiday Release" refers specifically to the winter event/release/whatever to celebrate the various holidays that occur around that time.