NinjaKrill

Surprise~!

The giant cicada the size of a humming bird that my cats brought into the sun room. I had to sweep in there and when I nudged the cicada with the broom it started flapping and buzzing like crazy. Scared the crap out of me because I wasn't expecting it. I've got a weird thing going with cicadas. Normally, I like insects and don't have a problem with them, not even spiders and won't hesitate to pick them up. But this thing was so huge it gave me the heebie jeebies. Cicadas are cool and I love them and they're harmless and don't bite and I know all that on a logical level...but they have the freakiest faces I've ever seen. Like something out of a nightmare. This guy this morning had a HUGE face. Pointed. Staring. Wrinkled and alien as can be. *shiver*

To combat this irrational fear or unease about them, I force myself to pick one up once and awhile. Like I said, I have no issues handling most bugs...they'll happily crawl off onto a leaf when you're finished looking at them. Not the cicada. Ah, those gripping legs. They dig those little leg spikes in and hold on. There's no moving them. No, you're stuck with them for a little while. And I can't stand it. It takes everything I've got not to start shaking the thing off in a panic. The thought of that big, huge guy stuck to me...staring at me with that creepy, crazy HUGE face... No...

I really hope that's the last one they bring in. dry.gif

Walking along New smyrna Beach (Florida) looks done and see's a baby Turtle smile.gif looking the worse for wear (heat) takes it to water's edge to sprinkle with water to cool down, whilst seeing if anyone around with phone but luckily someone from turtle patrol was nearby to take into special care hopefully to be made well for release but the best part was finding out it was one of the rarest turtles to nest but sadly also one of the most endangered Kemp Ridley turtle laugh.gif

The tub spigot flew off the wall at my grandson when he tried to take a shower.

This morning after I ate breakfast, I thought I had forgotten to take my pills (because I was exposed to tuberculosis) which I have to take before eating anything, when my mom told me that yesterday was the last day! Yay!! Finally!

I keep a list of all my passwords on a thumbdrive.... Which suddenly disappeared today. Not fun!

a spider on my sister's door

My best friend may be moving to the other side of the world, her parents haven't decided if they will but it's a 75% chance that it'll happen sad.gif

My mom's friend got a puppy. What we didn't know was that it was that puppy and its sister. THEY WERE SO FLUFFY. laugh.gif

I got all my schoolwork (because I'm homeschooled) done in only a few hours! An entire school day done in about 3-4 hours!

Well, a bit over a week ago I went to the doctor for what I thought was a minor infection and expected to be prescribed antibiotics. But surprise! I actually needed immediate surgery.

Fun day.

i ripped my shirt on a door handle so... that was interesting

Had to go into the girl's room at school today (embarrassingly enough; it's impossible for me to pass as a boy, so I have to use the girl's room) and I noticed a scribble on the wall when I entered the stall. I took a closer look, and it said, "You're not alone. Stay strong." As someone who's been struggling with some very dark thoughts as of late, that was a bit of a lift.

Also saw a girl wearing a bracelet that said "You matter" on it. I think everything is trying to make me feel better, but it's not quite working.

Today was the first day of our periodical exams and very suprisingly, the algebra test was so much easier than I thought. <3

Woke up with the flu and a pulled muscle in my shoulder when I was completely fine yesterday, lovely surprise there dry.gif.

That sometimes I actually CAN get so frustrated about something that's going on in the lab that I start to swear out loud.

my new kitty is very skittish and so i cant get over how everything makes her jump.

July 24 they installed. Sept fourth I had hopes of a total working comcast triple deal (finally). Alas! The internet is now slower than it was before which took minutes to load a page or site and wont open most sites or touch my email. Not a nice surprise. huh.gif

But tonight I picked up a Leetle Tree. Second one I have ever seen in the cave and first time I got one. Hard to believe no one else saw it while my mouse was playing games and wouldn't click on it. Yes! A great Surprise indeed! biggrin.gif

I got a roll in my school's production of Wuthering Heights! The bigger surprise? I was given a male part. Never played a guy before. Well my acting teacher seems to think I can do it... it will be interesting to say the least.

Found out that I have a maths and science test tomorrow. I haven't even studied and shouldn't they have told us beforehand? Maybe my teacher did but I wasn't paying attention unsure.gif Well I should really be revising instead of being on Dragon Cave tongue.gif