Melomancer

Shifters

( that sounds like a great name! But I've already typed out his name in forms and everything.. *sigh* perhaps I can make another dwarf in the future..)

Mane

"Eh?" The dwarf swept the gunpowder off the table." I think yer misheard me talkin to myself." He fiddled with a dwarven puzzle ring. "I'm only climbing to reach home. I need to pick up dynamite." He took a sip of the new Mead the barkeep had served." Well I don't have no plans, but if yer need to get up there, those two are real helpful." He pointed to the two elves.

(I assumed you were talking to Mane, right?)

((Very much, and I don't think anyone would mind if you edit his name at all, i sure don't mind.))

Lucina look at the dwarf. "Thank you for the help." He said as he got up and walked over to the elves. Xeon did not move but held out his hand. "Mind if I try that puzzle of yours?" Xeon asked Mane for the puzzle.

Lucian came up to the elves and look down on the pair. "I heard you would help get to the top of the mountain to the shifter fruit. Me and my friend are looking for a group to help us get to the top of the mountain." Lucian said to the elves.

Mane

"This? Oh. Sure!" He handed Xeon the ring." This thing is complicated. It's a Möbius strip. The aim is to bend it in a certain way that it becomes a triangle. It's really hard to break, do brute force won't work. I've never been able to succeed. You can keep it, if you're ready to deal with the frustration."

(Yeah, but I kinda like his name. Weird as it is. Thanks for the great suggestion though!)

((No problem))

Xeon look at the ring for a bit before he started to try and solve it. He sat there moving the ring back and forth, left and right, up and down. He sat there in silent, Working on the puzzle, not giving up. His hands working with grace and speed, as each side of the ring moved. After a bit working on it, and seven drinks for Mane, Xeon stop on the puzzle and set it on the table. When he removed his hand from the table and reviled a triangle, made out of the same material that the ring was made out of. It was a bit warm to the touch but it was a perfect triangle sitting right there on the table. "You were right it was a bit hard to turn into a triangle." Xeon said.

((I assume Mane going to keep on drink for a bit more. If not tell me than and I'll fix the post))

user posted image

Bleu Thorn

Thorn looks up and listens in on the conversations. The dragon was curious as to what they may be talking about. She sat up and puffed out her chest proudly. As a dragon, she must look and act dignified. The dragon narrowed her eyes. "Triangle? May I?" The dragon held out a paw.

Edited by Lothuialel

Xeon look at Thorn and hand the puzzle he just did, to Thorn. "You may." Xeon said as he place the warm triangle in Thorn paw. He look back to the dwarf "Thank you for the puzzle." Xeon said as he got up and walked over to Lucian.

Shade walked back to the bar, he set a few glasses down, then looked at Thorn as she took the triangle from Xeon who in turn walked away. It looked interesting... but difficult too, curiously he watched it and the dragon holding it. He himself wasn't good at puzzles at all, but he liked watching others solve them. "That does not look easy at all." He said, half to himself and half to anyone that heard. Edited by Spark-Dragon

user posted image

Bleu Thorn

Thorn played with the puzzle. She twisted it this way and that and stopped. She needed to think out side the box. She placed the rings in a certain order and angle, but in a way to where they were still connected. She smiled. She had created a triangle with softer or slightly rounded lines. She looked up and smiled. "That would be one way. Let's see if I can try the traditional way."

Kat looked up at Lucian, and nodded her head slowly. "We do, but we usually help the humans, because our guide service is horse-based. Dragons tend to scare our horses, you know. Maybe if you traveled with some humans, you could come along for the ride, but I would hate to charge you the usual fee and not be able to give you the proper services."

Eve snorted softly and headed straight for the bar. "Hey, barkeep; how's it going?" she asked, then without waiting for a response, ordered, "the usual," which was a rum and coke.

((I'm assuming we have Earthly alcohol drinks here ;D))

Shade pulled away from watching the puzzle and made the drink quickly, placing the glass in front of Eve, "You seem a bit gloomy."

((So sorry for the shortness. sad.gif ))

(Yeah, he's gonna keep drinking. And yes, we have earth drinks. Also, Draco, don't control other people's characters. Even for minor things, like simply drinking a few sips of beer. It falls under power-playing, even if it didn't affect anything major.)

Mane

"Eh? You did it? How?" He examined it."Don't tell me..I want to figure it out." He waited patiently for the dragon to do the puzzle.

Edited by Melomancer

Xeon came up to Lucian and the elves when he heard that they would help them get to the top. "What was that about humans?" Xeon asked as he came up to Lucian right side. "His he scaring you by just being here?"

((Hey there, recently got approved here! ^^))

The mercenary and cat lady duo trekked through the grassy, green terrain as The Lorencian National Inn was now visible to them from a distance. Halvor was just smiling all the time, as usual of his, while Elsa had a more stern expression on her face, in contrast to her companion. "Man, my legs are killing me. Can't wait to get to the inn, sit down and have a drink..." the man mumbled, they had been walking for quite a while so far. He grinned and looked at the beastkin by his side. "How are you doing over there, Elsa?" Halvor asked.

"I... I'm fine." Elsa responded, but she puffed exhaustedly, showing to Halvor she was just as tired as him. The mercenary simply grinned again. "Are you sure this is the right place?" the woman asked, her feline tail wagging from side to side.

"Yeah. That huge building we're approaching is definitely the inn I was talking about earlier." Halvor confidently stated. "It's always full, and a true hotspot for adventurers seeking companions to travel with. Which also means it's great place to get jobs at. And I've been there before a few times for that reason." he momentarily placed his arms behind his head before continuing. "And I'm sure that there will be at least one fellow or two looking to climb up that mountain. We'll offer our services to these kind of people."

Elsa looked down in a pensative way, her lips parted as she gazed down at the grassy ground. Why did she feel uneasy about doing this? She quickly figured it out as the realization hit her mind like a train, she turned to look at Halvor, seriously concerned now. "Wait a minute, Hal! But we've never been to the mountain before! How are we supposed to help someone if we don't even know the place?" the beastkin asked.

"Oh, that? Well..." Halvor stopped and scratched his head. He thought that was an easy problem to solve. "I've been to that mountain's base before. It shouldn't be that bad! And in any case, we just let the client lead the way. And if any beasties show up, we jump in!" he grinned.

"Let them lead the way? But what if they die?" Elsa asked.

"Well then... We take their wallets and valuables and run off with them." the mercenary responded.

"Hal!" The cat lady scolded her companion angrily.

"What?" Hal shrugged. "It's not like they'd need those anymore! And it's not like you'd complain when you used to do this kind of stuff!"" he remarked, referencing to Elsa's past. The beast woman looked away angered, wishing not to remember the time she actually had to steal in order to even be able to survive. "And hey. Once we're done with our first client, we'd know how the mountain is like. We can charge the next fellow more for our services!" the man suggested.

"You're unbelievable." Elsa snorted, crossing her arms and fixing her glasses onto their place. Halvor was about to say something, but decided to bite his tongue as that would probably just annoy his companion even more.

With all that bantering and discussing, they almost didn't notice when they were right in front of the gigantic inn itself. Halvor looked at Elsa and smiled at her reaction upon seeing the building. The cat lady was surprised, and at the same time, fascinated. That thing was impressive, she had never seen anything like that before. Truly curious as a cat, she was excited to enter and see how it was like by inside. "Ladies and gentlemen, this is The Lorencian National Inn. Welcome, outlander!" the mercenary jokingly said as he went over towards the entrance. He had his broadsword exposed on his back and his prized dwarven pistol on his belt, so he hoped he wouldn't be mistaken for a troublemaker. He also hoped that his gun on display, or the feared "boomstick" as it was known to other races, would scare away potential people looking for a bar brawl or something similar.

"Hey. Aren't you coming in? Ladies first." Halvor called out to Elsa as he opened the door and waited. Elsa snapped out of her thoughts, she got distracted while admiring the majestic inn that stood before her. The beastkin quickly entered the building and Halvor followed up.

While Elsa looked around at the insides, Halvor went ahead and greeted the two royal crimsons that guarded the entrance. "Hey. Howdy." The place sure was full and energetic today, but wasn't it like that every day?

"Soooo..." Elsa paused for a while. She'd never seen so much people crowded in a single place, and went over closer to Halvor to feel a bit safer in such place. "What do we do now?"

"Easy. We look for any adventurer who's brave or stupid enough that he or she might want help for some mountain-climbing." the mercenary replied with a grin and scouted the people inside from where he was standing at.

((There, hope this introduction post was okay.))

Vegito

"Two dragons dead on the floor. Four dragons dead on the floor. Eight dragons dead on the floor at the old inn." Vegito burst into the inn. "Also welcoming me. VEGITO!" Vegito looked around and found a Trihorn dragon. "Oh look a dragon to slay." He ran towards it and prepared to punch the Trihorn in the face.

(Killing eight dragons with your bare hands? Seriously? )

The royal crimson watched as the guy introduces himself." Cat people, and now this guy. This job is weird sometimes." He said. He looked inside, hoping to catch what happened next, and stop it if it went too far.

(Why would Vegito try to punch Lou in the face unprovoked?)

Edited by Melomancer

(Ohhh.. So it was just a song.. Well, you should have made that clearer, but it's all fine now.)

Lucian saw teh idiot that walked into the inn and shot a water ball at him, made out of beer.

Edited by draco8967

Vegito

He turned around to punch the spellcaster in the face. "You dont get away that easily. MAGE!"

((Does that work seeing how beer is water))

Xeon Stood back when Lucian got hit in the face. "I would have not done that if I was you." Xeon said as step back when Lucian started to growl. "Before this get out of hand in here and a bar fight starts how about you take it outside." Xeon said but Lucian did not listen and swing with his tail.

Edited by draco8967

((BEER BLAST!))

"What was that?" Elsa hissed angrily and glared at the royal crimson guard that made that comment. "Do you have anything against 'cat people'?" she asked with her hands on her hips, she had understood what the dragon said as a passive-aggressive remark.

Halvor, however, did not pay attention to his friend and instead focused on the man who walked into the inn and randomly started up a fight with a silver dragon. "Oh, great, it's one of these people..." he remarked silently with a sigh as he watched what appeared to be a bar brawl about to break out. He hadn't seen one of these in a while, so it could be fun to watch, yet at the same time it could compromise his goal of finding a client for themselves. Maybe he could help one of them and charge them a fee for helping them out? Or perhaps separate the fight in hopes of earning a small amount of gold from the innkeepers?

"Whoa, whoa!" Hal suddenly turned and stood in front of Elsa as he realized she was quite pissed off at the royal crimson, and probably close to casting a spell to scald his face with boiling water. "We're all friends here, maybe except for those brawlers over there! Don't do anything rash!" he smiled nervously. The cat lady snorted, still fairly mad with the dragon. Halvor continued to watch, now a human had apparently joined in. He looked over at the dragon guard. "Sorry about my friend. Hey, know of any jobs I might be able to get here?" he asked.

Edited by MetalDragon

"I'm sorry, I just.. Don't see beast folk around here often. I didn't mean any offence.." He stuck his paw into a box labeled" compensation for people you piss of with racial remarks" and handed Elsa a piece of paper." This is a coupon for a few free drinks. Take it as a token of my apology." His friend on the other side of the door muttered." And people said that box was useless...anyway, yes. There are plenty of jobs here. There's a bulletin board near the entrance, you can refer to it for jobs and requests."

(Goodnight, guys!)

Edited by Melomancer

Vegito

"Two dragons and one. Uhhh. That's not a human as far as I know." His aura thundered and flickered. "Good idea aura." He went over to punch the silver dragon again. "You know what. I'll kill you right here. And right now."

Xeon very much back up now away from Lucian, All the way back to the door. "Um hi you might want to move here in a bit." And sure Enough when the guy went to punch Lucian again, Lucian Simple use barrier stopping Vegito attack inches from his face. Now Lucian said three words and another Beer Ball formed and went to hit Vegito, in the same direction of The cat person.