catstaff

The Quarter Quell lineage

No need to influence, then, unless you want to.

And we'll all keep thinking green thoughts at RyuKaiser's pair, too!

Is this project still going on? Are there plans to do another quarter quell later on?

The project is still active. Quarter Quell 1 is kinda stuck because RyuKaiser has been having aweful bad luck with his dragons, which keep refusing to give the right breed again (see?)

*keeps crossing fingers and toes for RyuKaiser*

And yes, we definitely plan on doing another one. We probably have enough victors signed up, but I currently don't have the time to go through the thread and update the spreadsheet properly... sad.gif (I just had a baby, and we're also in the process of moving house, so free internet time is seriously limited right now. tongue.gif)

Yes, I am terribly sorry, I breed my dragons everyweek trying to get the proper egg and still have no luck sad.gif I am ashamed I'm stalling the lineage but I can only keep trying and hope this changes because I know I'm stalling everyone unsure.gif

I'm currently working on a second DC Hunger Games in the hopes it can make up the time I've stalled the thread, but one of my breeding pairs doesn't cooperate so that one is going slowly as well.. unsure.gif

Well, bestest of luck for a green egg, RyuKaiser biggrin.gif and good luck for your installation Lastalda

@Ryu:

Don't worry, nobody's blaming you. We all know how stubborn dragons can be. We're really grateful that you keep trying, and eventually they'll have to cooperate, right? xd.png

Yes, I am terribly sorry, I breed my dragons everyweek trying to get the proper egg and still have no luck sad.gif I am ashamed I'm stalling the lineage but I can only keep trying and hope this changes because I know I'm stalling everyone unsure.gif

I'm currently working on a second DC Hunger Games in the hopes it can make up the time I've stalled the thread, but one of my breeding pairs doesn't cooperate so that one is going slowly as well.. unsure.gif

No worries! Who would have thought getting a Green egg would be so difficult. All you can do is keep trying!

No worries - as your partner, I know where you are coming from....

Any hope of starting the second QQ ?

I'm back! I had kinda hoped that Ryu's dragons would have cooperated by now, but it doesn't look like it... sad.gif

I think a second QQ should be feasable. I'll send PMs out to those who signed up, asking whether they're still willing. smile.gif

Edit: have PMed everyone who signed up for QQ2.

The Spreadsheet should be back up to date. smile.gif

Has anyone heard from Elachu? She hasn't posted in over a year, hasn't accepted the 6th gen egg from sunshine_ley and her scroll looks untouched for quite a while... has she gone inactive? And if so, any suggestions what we should do about this? Replace her with another player? sad.gif

Edited by Lastalda

Good news: I have heard back from everyone who signed up for QQ2, except for Mirhana!

She hasn't posted since last December. I'd like to give her a few more days to check in, but if she doesn't claim her spot, we'll need one more person to sign up for QQ2 before we can start.

So, if you have a Hunger Games Victor and are thinking about participating in a Quarter Quell, this would be a great time to sign up. wink.gif (The form is in the OP.)

(To give everyone time to get the New Release dealt with, first, I'd estimate to open QQ2 at the end of next week.)

Edited by Lastalda

Quarter Quell 2 is officially open!

Take a look at the Spreadsheet to see who your first trading partner is, and then get going. biggrin.gif

Note that Mirhana dropped out and we haven't had anyone new sign up, so sunshine_ley will participate with the 2 different victors she has signed up (noted in the spreadsheet as sunshine_ley (1) and sunshine_ley (2). These lines are completely independent from one another, and will not "trade" with each other, so best just pretend these are two different players who just happen to share a PM box, then there should hopefully be no confusion. tongue.gif

For those who need it, a quick rule recap:

First you need to breed a sibling to your victor of the same breed as your victor and pass this egg to your first trading partner (in trade for their same-breed victor-sibling).

Once you have the 5th gen egg from your partner, you breed it with your victor for 6th gen eggs. Keep the first 6th gen egg, then breed them again for a sibling (again, the same breed as your own kept 6th gen), which you then trade to your second trading partner.

Rinse and repeat until you have an 8th gen. tongue.gif

Please remember to use the forms from the first post to keep us all updated about your progress!

Have fun! biggrin.gif

Edited by Lastalda

Welp, my first attempted breeding of a Victor-sib came up the wrong breed, so no luck this week.

New Egg Form

Quarter Quell: 2

Dragon Breeder: sunshine_ley

Generation of Egg: 5

Lineage URL of Egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/sPGPq

Transferring or Keeping: transfered

Transfer Form

Sender: sunshine_ley

Receiver: dolphine

Lineage URL of Egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/sPGPq

Transfer Form

Sender: dolphine

Receiver: sunshine_ley

Lineage URL of Egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/avAe3

Naming Form

Dragon Owner: sunshine_ley

Name of Dragon: Yaccel Lover

Generation of Dragon: 5

Lineage URL of Dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/avAe3

New Egg Form

Dragon Breeder: sunshine_ley

Generation of Egg: 6

Lineage URL of Egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/uE4m7

Transferring or Keeping: keep

Hope I'm doing this alright cx I'm a tad out of practice since that huge delay in QQ1

Also, Dolphine told me that the egg misgendered, so I'll (hopefully) be getting them a new one soon. It was a breedfail this week, and my Hardened-Heart as well; maybe I'll do a little breed spamming before next week to up my chances.... is that allowed?

Naming Form

Dragon Owner: fuzzbucket

Name of Dragon: Victoria Mockingjay V D5

Generation of Dragon: 5

Lineage URL of Dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/BzSuv

(Hang on - is that an OK name for her ?)

New Egg Form

Dragon Breeder: fuzzbucket

Generation of Egg: 6

Lineage URL of Egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/38jOE

Transferring or Keeping: keeping

YAY !

Edited by fuzzbucket

Yay for progress! biggrin.gif

I accidentally bred the Victor-sib I got from fuzzbucke to the wrong dragon, so will have to wait until next week to see whether he likes my victor... xd.png

*crosses fingers for all future breedings*

Spreadsheet updated to here

@sunshine_ley:

maybe I'll do a little breed spamming before next week to up my chances.... is that allowed?

Well, nobody can forbid you to do any breeding you like. wink.gif

That said, I'm not sure how much help that would be when you're not even looking for a certain breed, yet. And even then...