catstaff

The Quarter Quell lineage

The chart looks good to me, if everyone else is wanting to get started right away.

Maybe if we have one successful Quell, other folks will be more inclined to sign up for a second. And, that will give me an excuse to get off my rear and set up a third Reaping, so I can get in on that one, too! wink.gif

The chart is looking alright to me, I'm ready to breed a sibling of my Victor to trade as soon as we're settle to start. I also have started a second reaping to get a second unrelated Victor to add for a future Quell.

Hey hey,

i would love to volunteer, too if you're still in need for another victor in this round smile.gif He just needs 11 more hours to mature.

Yep, we still could use 2 more Victors (we are 6 participants at the moment) so, if it is ok with everyone else, you are very welcome to join as soon as your Victor grows up wink.gif

Hey hey,

i would love to volunteer, too if you're still in need for another victor in this round smile.gif He just needs 11 more hours to mature.

Sign yourself up now if you want; since we're not quite ready to start, there's no need to wait for your Victor to mature. We won't be breeding same-breed Victor siblings to swap just yet, so no worries about giving time for your Victor's parents to get off cooldown either.

Sweet, no need to hurry biggrin.gif Okay, lets make this offical:

I volunteer for a Quarter Quell!

Forum Name: Elachu

Victor's Name: Dasha the MockingJay

Breed: Waterhorse

Lineage Link: click me

Welcome! biggrin.gif

I put you into the Spreadsheet in place of my second victor (rolled a die to decide whether to "kick" my or catstaff's second victor to Quarter Quell 2, since we were both happy to pull them for any new player joining).

@everyone:

so, we're all set up?

Any questions/undecided stuff left?

I suppose we should come with a few official forms to report progress... or maybe borrow and adjust those from EPIC?

New Egg Form

Quarter Quell:

Dragon Breeder:

Generation of Egg:

Lineage URL of Egg:

Transferring or Keeping:

Transfer Form

Quarter Quell:

Sender:

Receiver:

Generation of Egg:

Lineage URL of Egg:

Naming Form

Quarter Quell:

Dragon Owner:

Name of Dragon:

Generation of Dragon:

Lineage URL of Dragon:

Renaming Form

Quarter Quell:

Dragon Owner:

Original Name of Dragon:

New Name of Dragon:

Generation of affected Dragon:

Lineage URL of affected Dragon:

Oops / Correction Form

Quarter Quell:

What went wrong:

Dragon Breeder:

Intended Dragon Owner:

Generation of affected Dragon:

Lineage URL of affected Dragon:

Replacement:

I figure with these we should be able to keep the spreadsheet nice and organised.

Or do you guys think that's overkill for the scope of our project?

My victor was just bred but I would love to join this when it grows up and when there is space

I volunteer for a Quarter Quell!

Forum Name: nxtashaxt

Victor's Name: Victor Maddox of D1

Breed: Blacktip

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/gMixQ

Edited by nxtashaxt

Sweet c: now we don't need any duplicate peoples, right?

@Lastalda: Pretty nice spreadsheet, but I don't really understand those forms .3. Could you explain them, please? Wouldn't it be less confusing if we contacted the people directly instead of posting on the thread every time somebody sneezes? I dunno because I've never done this sort of thing before; I kind of prefer to keep my projects to myself, but I suppose that's not exactly possible in this setting.

And how is the naming system going to work? Not sure if we already discussed it.... I've seen several who carry on the same name from their CBs, but I'm not like that and very much prefer not to be. I've been taking names from their breed-parent's code (ex. "Z7Pim" being the breed-prominent parent; the babe's name is "Zatapim"; his code is "1zSaN" so I name his child "Nizsai" ...and so on) just so they have some family ties, and all my boys take surnames from their fathers, but naming them perfectly after their parent seems to extract any hope for individualism that they ever had. I know they're pixels on a web browser, but still; we pretend they are dragons, so they are to a certain extent)) Also, are we doing that -rather annoying- district and round numbering? I don't like numbers in my names, so I've done Roman numerals ...which take up a lot more character space.

At any rate, might as well put this up for the next one

Eta: okay |D back to normal now

I Volunteer for a Quarter Quell!

Forum Name/PM Link: sunshine_ley

Victor's Name: Victor Xewaskin Hardened-Heart

Breed: Olive <3

Lineage Link: [link]

Edited by sunshine_ley

The forms are mainly there so that the people who keep the spreadsheet up to date keep informed what to put in there, so they don't have to klick through the participating dragons all the time to see whether they have offspring already.

I think the "New Egg Form" is the most important one, though, as the names can be easily looked up and added later. I guess a simple, informal "successfully transferred the egg to XXX" would do just as well as the Transfer form, and corrections could also be done informally. But the forms basically make sure that the people maintaining the spreadsheet see that something needs to be updated.

I guess as long as it's only one Quarter Quell at a time, things shouldn't get too confusing, but once we start having several in parallel, things might get mixed up quickly. The forms would make sure that all the information needed is there so the spreadsheet-people don't have to ask back for things like "er, to which Quell does this new dragon belong?".

As I said, it might be overkill for the scope of our project, but I know they helped a lot with keeping the mods of EPIC project sane. tongue.gif

---

As for naming, as the original Hunger Games rules required that every tribute (aka breed) keeps one name throughout the generations, I would have thought we'd keep these going. (But it looks like you didn't follow that scheme, did you? blink.gif )

The rest is up for negotiation. I guess the Districts don't matter so much anymore, since now it's the Players that different Tributes come from. We might use "P1", "P2" etc. for these, but I guess they're optional?

A round denominator like in the Hunger Games would be necessary, to keep the names unique.

So I guess my 6th gen (willer of my Quarter Quell round 1) will be either Cachon VI P1 or Vharrin VI P2?

Any thoughts on this?

---

@nxtashaxt:

Welcome! biggrin.gif

So we don't need to use 2 victors from one member in the first Quell, after all! biggrin.gif

---

@Everyone:

how about we officially start the first Quarter Quell and begin trading a week after Valentine's Day?

Edited by Lastalda

I completely agree with the naming scheme you proposed! It would be a lot easier that way, considering breeds might be repeated among players (i.e. somebody else having a Green dragon (the breed of my Victor) among their tributes and would get easily confused as to were the Green egg they could breed comes from) so adding P1, P2, P3, etc. is a good way to prevent this from happening.

I'd say after Valentine is about right to start breeding and trading, lets just hope everyone is ok with it.

Off we go, then! biggrin.gif

Please get in touch with your first trading partner and start to try breeding a sibling to your Hunger Games victor for them!

Remember that it must be the same breed as your victor!

I just bred my pair, but got the wrong breed. sad.gif

Edited by Lastalda

New Egg Form

Quarter Quell: 1

Dragon Breeder: catstaff

Generation of Egg: 5

Lineage URL of Egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/739zj

Transferring or Keeping: Transferring to Lastalda

Transfer Form

Quarter Quell: 1

Sender: catstaff

Receiver: Lastalda

Generation of Egg: 5

Lineage URL of Egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/739zj

Agh! my dragons did bred, but bred the wrong breed! dry.gif will have to wait till next week to trade with you fuzzbucket sad.gifunsure.gif

I've managed to produce my first DC Hunger Games Victor and I'd like to join this thread! smile.gif One week till I can try breeding the parents again though. My Victor will be a Black Capped Teimarr or Bleeding Moon.

user posted image

Forum Name: Mirhana

Victor's Name: HG Victor I - Shrimp

Breed: Black Capped Teimarr

Lineage Link: click!

Edited by Mirhana

Welcome, Mirhana! biggrin.gif

I added you to the spreadsheet. Your victor is dragon 5 of 8 for the second Quarter Quell. So you'll have to be patient for a bit. As soon as we get 3 more victors of differing breeds, the second Quarter Quell can start. smile.gif

(Since your original victor is a teimarr, that's what you enter the Quell with, not Bleeding Moon. When trading time comes, you'll have to breed another teimarr from your 4th gen pair. As you can see in the posts above yours, quite a few of us in the first Quell are having that problem. It just means that each round might take a few more breedings, but since we only do 3 trading rounds, that should still be finishable within a finite time. tongue.gif)

Welcome, Dolphine! smile.gif

I've put you down for Quarter Quell 2, which can start as soon as we get 2 more suitable victors to join up. biggrin.gif