catstaff

The Quarter Quell lineage

Welcome, welcome, welcome, to the Reaping for the Quarter Quell! </Effie Trinket>

Okay, all you Hunger Games breeders, now that you have your Victors, what next? How about getting together for a Quarter Quell! (And if you don't know about the Hunger Games lineage yet, read all about it HERE.)

The Rules:

1) Eight Victors to a Quarter Quell.

2) Each of the eight Victors within a Quell must be of a different breed.

3) Siblings of Victors bred for transfer must be of the same breed as the Victor. Likewise, trades in subsequent rounds must also be of the same breed as the kept egg of that generation.

The Forms:

New Egg Form

Quarter Quell:

Dragon Breeder:

Generation of Egg:

Lineage URL of Egg:

Transferring or Keeping:

[COLOR=red][B]New Egg Form[/B]
Quarter Quell:
Dragon Breeder:
Generation of Egg:
Lineage URL of Egg:
Transferring or Keeping: [/COLOR]

Transfer Form

Quarter Quell:

Sender:

Receiver:

Generation of Egg:

Lineage URL of Egg:

[COLOR=blue][B]Transfer Form[/B]
Quarter Quell:
Sender:
Receiver:
Generation of Egg:
Lineage URL of Egg:  [/COLOR]

Naming Form

Quarter Quell:

Dragon Owner:

Name of Dragon:

Generation of Dragon:

Lineage URL of Dragon:

[COLOR=green][B]Naming Form[/B]
Quarter Quell:
Dragon Owner:
Name of Dragon:
Generation of Dragon:
Lineage URL of Dragon: [/COLOR]

Renaming Form

Quarter Quell:

Dragon Owner:

Original Name of Dragon:

New Name of Dragon:

Generation of affected Dragon:

Lineage URL of affected Dragon:

[color=orange][b]Renaming Form[/b]
Quarter Quell:
Dragon Owner:
Original Name of Dragon:
New Name of Dragon:
Lineage URL of affected Dragon: [/COLOR]

Oops / Correction Form

Quarter Quell:

What went wrong:

Dragon Breeder:

Intended Dragon Owner:

Replacement:

[COLOR=purple][B]Oops / Correction Form[/B]
Quarter Quell:
What went wrong:
Dragon Breeder:
Intended Dragon Owner:
Replacement: [/color]

And for those who like to keep track of how everyone is doing in the Quells, check out the nifty SPREADSHEET as created by Lastalda!

Edited by catstaff

The volunteers thus far...

Quarter Quell 1

catstaff - guardian or tsunami wyvern

Lastalda - coastal waverunner or red-finned tidal

RyuKaiser - green

fuzzbucket - neotropical

sunshine_ley - seragamma wyvern

Husker - spotted greenwing

Elachu - waterhorse

nxtashaxt - blacktip

Edited by catstaff

I'm up for it! biggrin.gif I guess its all clear, haven't seen the EPIC Project until now, but yeah, it is well explained there so I hope we won't have any problems to swap eggs between members and groups.

Im halfway through my tributes but when I get it, i would love to do it!

Yay, I'm totally up for this. smile.gif

I have one Victor already (a Waverunner) and am working on a second. smile.gif

I'm very in favor of the "EPIC way" to do this, as it would be much faster and require less work and frustration. Getting one sibling of the right breed out of my final pair should not take too long. Getting seven of them would take quite quite a while.

And since Quarter Quells of 8 would only require 3 rounds of trading, this should be managable quite nicely. smile.gif

So, first of all we'd need a signup-form where we can sign up any Victor we want to enter, right?

Something like this?

I volunteer for a Quarter Quell!

Forum Name: Lastalda

Victor's Name: VICTOR Cachon V 5E D6

Breed: Coastal Waverunner

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/yeZWe

And then we can see that we get groups of 8 Victors of differing breeds together?

What do you people think, would it be enough to have the groups mentioned here (in the 2nd post or something) or should we make a spreadsheet (a bit like the EPIC spreadsheet, but probably smaller in scope as we only need to organize groups of 8) to record everyone's progress? The first option would be less work, but the second would allow everyone to see how far everyone in their group is and where a hold-up might be...

Also, opposite to thread posts, spreadsheets can be made editable by several people, so that could spread the organizing work on more shoulders and also allow individual mods/editors to vanish without the whole thing falling apart...

I'm in favor of the spreadsheet option, but I generally like spreadsheets (and am willing to help keeping it up to date) so I'm not necessarily a good base for judgement whether this would be overkill. tongue.gif So I'm curious what you all think. smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

Well I would join with my Victor HG Elemental Victor Vert, it is a Green Dragon.

As for the lists and groups... I'm not sure about the spreadsheets because well, not used to them tongue.gif but if they help everyone to keep up at the same rate, I guess its a good idea. But I would be fine with either option really.

I have two neotropical victors; I will offer up either one. I'm up for doing it exactly as you describe - in groups of four.

We can't insist that the whole previous lineage not have duplicate breeds - as none of us had that as a requirement when the Hunger Games begin ! That is one thing about EIPC that does and cannot apply - to new viewers !

catstaff - I will breed one for you to trade with any time you want... smile.gif That way we can start a demo for people who are confused...

Forum Name: fuzzbucket

Victor's Name: Mockingjay Woof of Four

Breed: Neotropical

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Y0gJY

OR (in case of refusals etc ! ) I also have my second winner:

Forum Name: fuzzbucket

Victor's Name: Tropical Mockingjay of Four

Breed: Neotropical

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/JgV38

Edited by fuzzbucket

I think what catstaff meant (and I agree with it) as that the Victors within any group of 8 in one Quarter Quell need to be of 8 different breeds.

Of course we can't require that all the CB breeds contained are different - I don't think we even have enough different breeds for that, anyway. tongue.gif (And yes, of course the more obvious reason that you mentioned.)

So that would mean that you can enter both your neotropical Victors (if we get enough participants, that is), but could only use them within 2 different Quarter Quells (which I'd find preferable, anyway, for people entering multiple Victors).

Once we're all greed on how we want to do this, I'm for PMing all the people who have victors announced in the hunger Games thread (2nd post or something) and asking them whether they want to join. And then we can organise the groups (by first-come first-serve except for duplicate breeds, which get moved to a later group).

I think what catstaff meant (and I agree with it) as that the Victors within any group of 8 in one Quarter Quell need to be of 8 different breeds.

Of course we can't require that all the CB breeds contained are different - I don't think we even have enough different breeds for that, anyway. tongue.gif (And yes, of course the more obvious reason that you mentioned.)

So that would mean that you can enter both your neotropical Victors (if we get enough participants, that is), but could only use them within 2 different Quarter Quells (which I'd find preferable, anyway, for people entering multiple Victors).

Once we're all greed on how we want to do this, I'm for PMing all the people who have victors announced in the hunger Games thread (2nd post or something) and asking them whether they want to join. And then we can organise the groups (by first-come first-serve except for duplicate breeds, which get moved to a later group).

Yep, that's exactly what I meant. The eight Victors entering a Quell have to be different breeds. Edited to add, I think maybe we could start with a sign-up list, but I like the idea of a spreadsheet available since it could get a little confuzzling once there's more than one Quell happening.

So, to make it official... xd.png

Forum Name: Catstaff

Victor's Name: Vharrin Victorious Mockingjay

Breed: Guardian

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/nJIhh

Forum Name: Catstaff

Victor's Name: Dorissa Victorious Mockingjay

Breed: Tsunami Wyvern

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Mb23G

Edited by catstaff

Yeah, I guess that's right, if more than one Quell is happening at the time it could get confusing, maybe the list option if the best one right now. Officially entering my Victor biggrin.gif

Forum Name: RyuKaiser

Victor's Name: HG Elemental Victor Vert

Breed: Tsunami Green

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/CLQO4

Probably would be best if we do one Quell at a time, no? At least at the start; until we get several more that eight peoples? Not really certain as to how all this'll work, but I'm interested to try if someone's willing for a bit of handholding until I get it figured, ya

I Volunteer for a Quarter Quell!

Forum Name/PM Link: sunshine_ley

Victor's Name: Victor N'darci Genasii

Breed: Seragamma Wyvern

Lineage Link: [link]

----

My other volunteers

Xewaskin

Ropat

Edited by sunshine_ley

I think for now it would be good to just collect a list of people joining up (maybe in the 2nd post, catstaff?). When we have 8 people with 8 victors of different breeds, we can start the spreadsheet and sort everything out. Ok?

I think for now it would be good to just collect a list of people joining up (maybe in the 2nd post, catstaff?). When we have 8 people with 8 victors of different breeds, we can start the spreadsheet and sort everything out. Ok?

Good. Tell me when I need to breed. (I need to pass my egg to someone if it's soon, as I am about to be away for a week !)

....and may the odds be ever in your favour....

Looks like it won't be for a while, fuzzbucket, so enjoy your away-time. Hopefully we'll get a few more Victors signed up for the Quell and there will be a group ready to breed and trade when you're back.

I Volunteer for a Quarter Quell

Forum Name: Husker

Victor's Name: Drystan Mockingjay

Breed: Spotted Greenwing

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/cov3j

I haven't been active in the Hunger Games thread for a while, since nothing ever came up with the Quarter Quell there. I am debating about whether to breed another Victor or not.

One Victor is all you need for the Quell!

We're obviously still getting things set up, but now that you've volunteered, we only need two more Victors of different breeds to start the first Quell.

My second victor is coming along nicely. It'll either be a Bleeding Moon or Tidal, both of which would work (I'm betting on the Bleeding Moon).

But it would be nicer to have 8 victors from 8 different players for the first Quell.

Edit: I have made a spreadsheet sketch. Any input is welcome. smile.gif

Note that the trading scheme I suggest in there is one of many that would work. But since we're doing a fixed number of 8 contestants per Quell, I thought it would be easier and less confusing to have a fixed trading order (in contrast to the flexible, Captains-negotiated trading order of EPIC project).

This way, since everyone needs to do only exactly 3 trades, it will be clear from the announcement of the Quell Start (at which point everyone gets a number from 1 to 8) with which people each player will be trading. (E.g., if you wind up being player 1, your trading partners are 2, 4 and 5, in that order. If you're 2, you trade with 1, 3 and 6. And so on. See the "Trading Scheme" tab.)

Thoughts on this?

Edited by Lastalda

One Victor is all you need for the Quell!

We're obviously still getting things set up, but now that you've volunteered, we only need two more Victors of different breeds to start the first Quell.

Yeah I know I only need one Victor, but this gives me something else to do. I'm setting up this new Games with all newer breeds-ones from just the last couple years.

So, I have a question -great spreadsheet by the way; really clears up a few things for me- if, say, I breed my victor with the victor from someone else, who's to say the babe will turn the same breed for them? Will it have to be? It's very possible that we will end up with several different-breed QQ victors otherwise .3. I'm not sure if that's a problem for anybody, though.

That's something we all need to discuss.

We're clear (I think) that the original victor siblings (the 5th gens traded in round 1) should be of the same breed as the original victor sibling. So we'll have to breed their parents until they give a same-breed-as-victor egg.

But after that, it becomes a matter of opinion.

I think that, since everyone is hosting their own Quell, it's ok to end up with different breeds winning on different scrolls. Especially since the alternative is hard to organise. E.g., since players 1 and 2 trade dragons in the first round, they both host the "same" fight. If we demand that in both fights the same tribute (= breed) must win, then how do we decide which of them needs to rebreed if they get different results?

So I think that it makes most sense to handle each "fight" separately for each scroll. That would mean that the first egg you get when you breed your self-bred and traded-for dragon of a generation decides who wins the fight in your Quarter Quell. But the egg you hand over to your trading partner (= your winner's younger sibling) needs to be of the same breed, so you might have to re-breed several times.

But I'm definitely open to hearing other opinions and discussing other options, so what do you guys think? smile.gif

My take on this was that each trade egg had to be the same breed as your on-scroll Victor.

Example: Me and Lastalda are trade partners for the initial swap, as are sunshine_ley and Husker. Sunshine gives Husker a seragamma egg, Husker gives sunshine a spotted greenwing egg. Meanwhile I give Lastalda a guardian egg and get a coastal waverunner in return. All four of us breed our traded egg with our on-scroll Victor... whatever breed of dragon comes up, is the victor for the round. So when we do our next trades, we breed up another egg of the same breed as the first to pass along.

I think that is really well though and -hopefully- we won't have problems following that scheme, specially because it is on the spreadsheet which allows us to re-chek anything in case we need to. So I guess its all clear biggrin.gif

Nice Spreadsheet by the way Lastalda! laugh.gif

@catstaff:

exactly my thinking (though your explanation might be clearer tongue.gif). smile.gif

I'm glad you guys seem to like the spreadsheet.

If anyone can think of anything to add to it or change, please do let me know. smile.gif

ETA: I have my second victor now, so if we don't find another member for the first Quarter Quell until next monday, I'll enter her and we can start with those? (In that case, both me and catstaff would have 2 victors entering the first Quarter Quell.)

Edited by Lastalda

My second victor's all grown up, so...

Forum Name: Lastalda

Victor's Name: VICTOR Marea V 5E D5

Breed: Red-Finned Tidal

Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/HZkHl

Which means, if nobody opposes to having two victors from the same owner in one Quarter Quell (as long as the breeds are different from all the other dragons in the Quell, of course), we have enough victors to start the first Quell. (catstaff and I would both enter 2 victors in that case.)

I have just filled out the "QQ1" (Quarter Quell 1) tab for this scenario in the spreadsheet.

With this order, nobody gets to trade with themselves, which should keep things in neater order.

Any opinions on this?

(I'm not opposed to waiting until we get two more members to join up so there are no double victors in one Quell. Just saying that starting a Quell would theoretically be possible now, and waiting for y'all's opinions. wink.gif )

Edited by Lastalda