Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

Will be interesting to see what happens once (if) new Prizes are distributed. I assume that new owners will not be any different and will only give to (or trade with) deserving people.

I think at first most people feel so excited they want to give back. Then, as time goes on, they either get burnt by others, burnt out by bad breeding results, or simply become less active.

Even knowing what I know now, if I won a prize (assuming I didn't have one already but knew how it went), I would likely still give some away as I originally did. I like making others happy.

Edited by harlequinraven

I think at first most people feel so excited they want to give back. Then, as time goes on, they either get burnt by others, burnt out by bad breeding results, or simply become less active.

Even knowing what I know now, if I won a prize (assuming I didn't have one already but knew how it went), I would likely still give some away as I originally did. I like making others happy.

Or they will act based on their experiences with owners of previous prizes. Live and learn. Based on what was seen one year ago, the 2016 Prizes will be, because they are new, quite more valuable than the ones from 2015.

Yeah, or they just don't know any better and try to please everyone but end up getting tricked into bad trades or people try to take advantage of them. Its really tough winning a Prize and being brand new to the world of trading and lineages. I didn't even know anyone else who played when I won, just 1 friend I lost touch with years ago. Its hard to find honest people who'll truly help, and not just be after your shiny eggs, in a situation like that.

I was so excited and couldn't wait to share the news. That was a mistake. I got swarmed and pressured and used. I'm burnt out on people and bored of the clockwork breeding schedule. Thankfully the holidays have given me a nice break so I'm feeling better about the schedule at least. People though... that trust, excitement, the desire to want to help people... its gone. And its not coming back.

Yeah, or they just don't know any better and try to please everyone but end up getting tricked into bad trades or people try to take advantage of them. Its really tough winning a Prize and being brand new to the world of trading and lineages. I didn't even know anyone else who played when I won, just 1 friend I lost touch with years ago. Its hard to find honest people who'll truly help, and not just be after your shiny eggs, in a situation like that.

I was so excited and couldn't wait to share the news. That was a mistake. I got swarmed and pressured and used. I'm burnt out on people and bored of the clockwork breeding schedule. Thankfully the holidays have given me a nice break so I'm feeling better about the schedule at least. People though... that trust, excitement, the desire to want to help people... its gone. And its not coming back.

No worries. If things do not change, it will be the turn of someone else to be swarmed and excited; everybody will go after 2016 Prizes and 2015-related excitement will fade.

Edited by SullenCat

Fear of being swarmed is why I have the message I do in my sig.

I mostly gift the second gens, I have traded a few, and kept a 2nd gen so I can trade my 3rd gens. smile.gif

I never bred on demand, so I never got stressed and Sansa has bred quite well. 12 shinies so far. smile.gif

Edited by Cireth

Do I detect sarcasm?

Uh, no? I feel sorry for people whose joy in having an awesome prize was ruined by demands.

sad.gif

Though, that situation is exactly why I decided to start this thread. Even as a comparatively experienced player with a number of in-game contacts, I still found it completely overwhelming to begin with.

I'm watching very curiously to see what's going to happen this year. Raffle? No raffle? Something else entirely? *watches TJ nervously*

I'm watching very curiously to see what's going to happen this year. Raffle? No raffle? Something else entirely? *watches TJ nervously*

Wait. What? No raffle this year? But why? I'd love to see the new codes winners would choose

Wait. What? No raffle this year? But why? I'd love to see the new codes winners would choose

There's been no announcement either way - I'm just speculating out loud! wink.gif

*nervously watches TJ also*

Oh, I hope there's going to be a raffle this year; it'd be my (and many others)'s first raffle. When If I won a prize, I have a bunch of nice codes I'd LOVE to use...

*nervously watches TJ also*

Oh, I hope there's going to be a raffle this year; it'd be my (and many others)'s first raffle. When If I won a prize, I have a bunch of nice codes I'd LOVE to use...

^Seconded ^^ I am hoping, I am hoping. That would be awesome

I hope there's a raffle. I've won already, but I have two good friends and many other awesome aquantences on DC whom I would love to see win. I do hope it's not a new prize breed, though. It's hard enough for players to get the sprites in low gen as it is.

I'm permanently closing Zuko's breeding list for anything other than 2G prizeswap or 2G holly. I'm at the burnt out stage. He's a reasonably good breeder, but I'm tired of dealing with everything that goes along with trading/giving away 2G prizes.

Anyone else close off their list, or were yours closed from the start? Thoughts on closing off a prize list?

I'm going to close Orkid's list after I'm caught up with all the breeding, and just do spot-on trades/gifts after that.

sad.gif

Though, that situation is exactly why I decided to start this thread. Even as a comparatively experienced player with a number of in-game contacts, I still found it completely overwhelming to begin with.

The thread helped a lot but its still so easy to get swept up in everything! I didn't even realize how bad it was until months later.

I hope if there's a raffle this year the new winners have a much better experience!

The thread helped a lot but its still so easy to get swept up in everything! I didn't even realize how bad it was until months later.

I hope if there's a raffle this year the new winners have a much better experience!

Same, especially when things start off really good. I wasn't bombarded at first. No one demanding. No one being rude. Got good trade value. People thankful I was generous. The community, in general, was acting a lot nicer toward CB owners at first. Then it changed back again. Maybe not as bad as its been in the past, but I've still seen a lot of backlash both toward myself and others, a run of poor breeding for a while there, some demanding. It wears a person down. Any ONE thing would be tolerable, but all combined is just kind of meh. I have started mostly avoiding anything discussing CB prizes other than this thread. Even when things aren't outright reportable or anything like that, it's easy to perceive animosity even if it's not intentionally there, I think. It's easiest to just avoid it entirely. smile.gif

That's alright, though, because I really should focus on the breedings I want to do. I was trying so hard to make other people happy, offering easy ways to get an egg, free eggs, etc. His list grew a bit longer than I wanted, and of course that's when he decided to be a butt and stop producing. And with a list, I can't just randomly throw him at things until he likes something. Ironically, he seems to like common and uncommon mates. Haha! At least he's been good again lately, since I started doing a more rotating wait list with my few remaining people on it. If he doesn't give me an egg after a few weeks, I breed for the next person on the list for a week or two to get interest back. I think he gets bored easily. xd.png Even so, I'm not opening a list again, just doing a straight swap with other prize owners. No more regular trades. Other prize owners know the problems both with breeding and with dealing with the community. It's a much less stressful trade to work with other prize owners. You are all so chill and awesome. wub.gif

Edited by harlequinraven

I feel sorry for people that have to go through rude messages ... While I do understand begging people or people who have no clue about market value, but not people who get mean if you don't do what they say. Fortunately, it has happened to me only once (on another game ... an user tried to convince me to sell something expensive for really cheap ... because I had a double), but that doesn't mean it was pleasant.

That said, I really hope there will be a raffle this year too smile.gif I was on hiatus for most holidays since I'm here, so even a chance to win something lovely would be amazing biggrin.gif

Edited by SilverDarkness

That said, I really hope there will be a raffle this year too smile.gif I was on hiatus for most holidays since I'm here, so even a chance to win something lovely would be amazing biggrin.gif

I'm especially curious about this because we had to pick 5 character long names for the Christmas event (could numbers be used? I didn't try). If those 5-letter names are going to translate into codes for the new raffle/prize dragons, I should have picked something besides Snape. tongue.gif

I'm especially curious about this because we had to pick 5 character long names for the Christmas event (could numbers be used? I didn't try).  If those 5-letter names are going to translate into codes for the new raffle/prize dragons, I should have picked something besides Snape.  tongue.gif

You could use less than five, though, so I doubt that. (I used "JEN". :b )

Edited by 11th

After I finish up my couple ious, I'm looking forward to leaving a 2g in random trade link smile.gif

I hope there is a raffle! It was exciting to see all the great codes!

I'm especially curious about this because we had to pick 5 character long names for the Christmas event (could numbers be used? I didn't try). If those 5-letter names are going to translate into codes for the new raffle/prize dragons, I should have picked something besides Snape. tongue.gif

-counts all the SNOWAs-

xd.png

Had to dig this up from the depths ...

Question: does anyone know how many prize owners also have alt sweetlings?

(I ask because I traded for a Darkrose/Alt Sweetling this Valentine's week, and I also happen to have an alt sweetling, and I'm wondering how much of an alt sweetling lineage is possible.)

Edit: for appalling grammar. If there's more, ugh, put it down to needing caffeine.

Edited by toyofubl

Pretty sure there's a silver Tin owner with alts. Dunno about actual numbers, though.

For the record, my Sweets are pink. rolleyes.gif

Pretty sure there's a silver Tin owner with alts.  Dunno about actual numbers, though.

For the record, my Sweets are pink.  rolleyes.gif

Thanks! I'm going to go to the wiki now, and click on as many prizes as I have the patience for smile.gif I was being lazy by asking rather than looking.

Edited by toyofubl

Thanks! I'm going to go to the wiki now, and click on as many prizes as I have the patience for smile.gif I was being lazy by asking rather than looking.

(Snape)'s owner has Alt Sweetlings.

Several shimmer owners do.

Never seen a Silver Tinsel x Alt Sweetling.

In other news, over four months and counting without a shiny (including many days breeding to rares and holidays). This is why lists are bad. Don't do lists, kids.

Edited by The_Bucket

(Snape)'s owner has Alt Sweetlings.

Several shimmer owners do.

Never seen a Silver Tinsel x Alt Sweetling.

In other news, over four months and counting without a shiny (including many days breeding to rares and holidays). This is why lists are bad. Don't do lists, kids.

Yikes, and I thought my luck was bad enough! only 1.5 months for me I believe.

Counting both your and my tinsels produced, we each have 13 though...

Edit; I won't be doing lists after I finish the seemingly neverending list I currently have...

How do you guys feel about gifting one here or there if there's people on your list that have already paid their half?

Or how do you go about telling someone who's already paid that you don't want to continue trying a certain mate because they only fail? x-x

Edited by Nightwalkerkey