RavenWolf1010

The Infinity Search

Pyre snarled right back, though his teeth were much larger than the wolf's. "The creature belongs to me," He insisted as the Qilin in question squirmed in his grip. "If you wish to take care of him, go fetch a doctor. But you are not permitted to take him from my sight."

"I am a doctor. I need supplies." Her tone was sharp. She wasn't leaving. "And if you treat him foully as you are, you will stress him out and possible send him into shock. And then he won't be 'your shiny little pet'." Shifting to her human form, she raised he head defiantly.

The dragon snorted as his claws tightened around the Qilin and he turned sharply, dragging him back into the cage. "The creature belongs to me," He repeated. "Now leave before I cave in the entrance. I'd like to see your little band of dead dogs get around that.

"I know you little 'creature' belongs to you," she snapped with a ferociness from deep inside her. "But he's going to die if I don't help him." How thick headed was this dragon?

Pyre glanced back at the creature then sighed loudly. He dropped the Qilin to the ground as his skin rippled and he transformed into his somewhat humanoid form. The dragon stretched his wings out then easily lifted the creature. Apparently, changing forms did not impede on his strength. "Fine. You may heal the creature. But it belongs to me so it will not be leaving my sight."

With a nod, she peered into his (coal black?) eyes. "Thank you, come with me." She turned and began heading East. Her home in Greenfield had quite an array of items. From a few sneak suits, to armor that changed forms as she did, and to swords and other weapons easily capable of taking a human down with one blow.

Did he just leave us in this car?

Elsa had been about to speak when Dante began to open the car door. All she managed to say was,

"Well what do you want us to-" before he had shut the door and left. Elsa was dumbfounded as to what they were suppose to do. The car had started driving as soon as he left and she had no idea what was going on. She felt like she was being kidnapped or being treated as a piece of property. She had been in this situation numerous of times, and, with several bad memories in her mind, Elsa had a bad feeling about this. She shifted uncomfortably and glanced over at Rosalie.

"Are we sure this is a good idea?" she asked in a whisper. Elsa's eyes flicked to the the driver and back to Rosalie again. She didn't like be toted around like she was a piece of furniture that needed to be moved. She was a living being, not a trophy.

The first sign that something bad is going on and I'm out of here.

Edited by Doctortear

"Is that what this strange object is called? A 'car?'" Rosalie asked curiously, looking around curiously. She reached her hand outside, but her fingers were blocked by some force. She placed her whole hand on it and pulled it back, giggling.

"Do humans live in this 'car'? I thought they lived in boxes." Rosalie explained. She watched not questioning as Dante left. Why couldn't she get a read on him? Was it because she had a positive opinion towards him? Whatever it was, it was suspicious why he was leaving. She could feel that Elsa was nervous but nothing from Dante. She felt helpless without her empthy, it was like another pair of eyes to her.

"Yes, this is a car," Elsa replied, slightly annoyed that Rosalie didn't answer her question. That annoyance left quickly though, and was replaced by her nervousness.

"No, humans don't live in cars. They use them to transport themselves from one place to another quickly. Instead of taking an hour or so to get from "Point A" to "Point B", it will only take twenty or so." Elsa didn't like that the car starting moving again as soon as Dante left. She felt like she was being driven to a slaughter.

Are we? Is that what we are? Sheep to be eaten?

That thought didn't exactly calm Elsa.

"Really?" Roselie asked, blue eyes wide with childish curiosity and naivety. She let out a surprised squeak as the car started moving again. She quickly figured out that the car always stopped at a post with three spots on it. The spots would flash different colors. At green, the car would go. At yellow, the car sped up and then at red it slammed to a stop.

"Why do the cars stop like that? Aren't they just wasting time?" Rosalie asked, pelting Elsa with even more questions.

"It's just how the system works," Elsa replied, trying to recall all of her memories about cars.

"When there is a red light, we have to stop and let other cars go. When there is a yellow light, we are being warned that a red light is about to come up and that we need to slow down. (Though the driver is just speeding up.) When there is a green light, it means others have to wait so we can go by. It's a system in which we all have to rely on one another to get where we need to be." Elsa's annoyance was starting to return. Didn't Rosalie hear her question? Maybe not. Maybe she didn't hear it?

Or maybe she doesn't care.

"Oh." Rosalie lowered her eyes, looking at her bare feet. She could sense annoyance yet again on Elsa. It was like a breeze on a hot day that you expect to be cool, but its just blowing hot air.

"Are we sure we can trust him if he's breaking the rules?" Rosalie asked, repeating Elsa's question.

"I don't think so," Elsa replied, slightly relieved Rosalie was thinking about her question.

"I say that we hit the road as soon as we get out. I don't like the idea of being transported like a bag of meat." Elsa's trust in Dante was almost completely gone. He had left them in a car with someone who didn't even drive straight. He obviously didn't care about their safety.

Why would he? He just wants to bed one of us, possibly both.

Pyre complied with the instruction and carried the Qilin with a bold stride. It didn't take long for Ru's head to lower and his eyes to close as he eventually lower as he relaxed into a sleep. It wasn't as if he could do much else with Pyre holding him off the ground. All his legs could do is flail about and that did nothing at all.

Xavier just shook his head as he saw the car speeding off. Going into the vet's office he smiled to his brother as he then took the cat carrier. Looking inside to see a white momma cat and the multicolored kittens. Grinning he then nodded his head before walking back out before heading home. Taking the cats to the guest room he opened the door to the carrier once he had set it down. Then turning he walked out and closed the door to give them time to adjust.

Looking through his cabinets he sighed before he went outside with his wallet. Hailing a cab he then had it take him to the nearest pet supply store. Not knowing it was inadvertently following the limo's own path.

"What's your name?" She asked, with a bland tone. There was no use in letting the tension between them fester to the point of no co-operation.

Her moves were fluent and easy as she hopped over logs and seemed to glide over the uneven ground. She knew the forest, by heart.

"None of your business," Pyre snapped back. He obviously did not see the nesessity in associating with the girl ay more than he had to. Disclosing his name would be too much for the likes of her. "How far off are we? I'm ready to turn back now, medicine be damned."

Snarling under her breath, she turned and faced him. "Feel free to turn back then, let let your pet die. I'm done trying to help you." Turning her back on him, she shifted and disapeared into the trees. I'm done trying to help ungrateful people. A name. That's all I asked for. Her paws thudded against the cold, hard ground. Snow fell lightly. Have fun with your dead pet. She snidely thought back towards the dragon.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"I don't care," Pyre said flatly. "I was looking for a unicorn but I found it instead and it's shiny. That's the only reason I'm keeping it." He shrugged his shoulders slightly and dropped the creature to the ground, causing Ru to awake with a start. The Qilin flailed his legs and made a sound rather like a goat bleating as the dragon began to transform back so he could more easily carry it back.

"Won't be very shiny when it's dead." She called back to the dragon. Snorting, she stopped and shook out her fur. Her cabin was silhouetted by the afternoon sun, of which, would occasionally drift behind a cloud. The ground grew cooler and more moist under her feet.

Her choice of residence was a alongside a lake, with a once active volcano to the west. Shifting forms, Raven slipped inside. A few minutes later, she had emerged carrying a peculiar thing, ice skates. "I'm not going to let him ruin the rest of my day." Slipping them on, she laced them up, and walked to the lake. It'd been frozen over by the cool winter. With the snow falling lightly, it created a picturesque landscape. The girl tuned out, beginning to glide over the ice. Slipping into her own world, she was almost dead to the outside. Sounds, sight, even smell, had forsaken her as she used a perfected technique of tuning out. Long ago, when she'd been locked in cages, and experimented on.

Well that was just silly. Of course it would still be shiny when it was dead. As the dragon continued to transform, Ru managed to find his feet and bolted away as fast as he could, stumbling as he went. It took the dragon a few moments before he could start after the creature, roaring loudly for it to stop.

The roar had managed to pull Raven out of her daydreaming. It had only been for a few seconds, until she'd dismissed it. And then, a peculiar thing began to occur. Her thoughts shattered. And then, the pain came.

Her skin felt as though it was being set fire to. Although she could not see this fire, it felt so real. As though flames were truly licking at her skin. She collapsed, fighting back a scream of agony. Raven couldn't think straight. Whenever she tried to form a thought, it would evaporate before her. A scream tore through her. It was a blood-chilling scream of pure pain.

From the shadows of the trees, a male figure emerged. He wore a dark jacket, with dark hair, and coal black eyes. He had black pants, and black boots. Strolling out across the ice, he looked down at Raven, and smiled. He squared beside her. "Well, well, well, looks like I found you after all." His laugh was cold. "Never met someone like me, have you? I can see everything. Your memories, your thoughts..." Shaking his head, he wore a cold smile. "This little thing here? A little trick of mine." Raven felt like dying, the pain... Was so real.

She tried to comprehend what was happening. The fire ebbed away, but she could barely move. "I have to admit, it was hard to break through that first wall you'd put up. A few months. That's a good amount of time." He reached down, holding her chin between his thumb and pointer finger. "But once I made it past that, it was easy." Raven tried to speak, but couldn't even manage a sound. "You see, I can just shred all those pretty little thoughts of yours. I can control you." Raven felt herself begin to loose hold on the world. "That's right, easy now. You look like you need a little rest..."

((James is a new character I'm going to introduce. He's a fallen angel. He is capable of mind manipulation and telepathy. He also has a few other perks, like super strength and speed.

With his mind manipulation, he can create scenarios of things that aren't happening, yet seem to be actually happening to the person he's controlling. Like he made Raven think she was on fire. He can also control people, as well as 'disarm' them. By shredding any thoughts he comes across, he's able to leave a person very disoriented. One has to put up mental walls to keep him out, however, he's been doing it long enough to break down most easily.

His weak spot is his wing scars on his back. If one touches them, they are pulled into his memories. If he is injured there, it will daze him. Of he's stabbed there, he's left incapacitated for hours.))

Edited by RavenWolf1010