RavenWolf1010

The Infinity Search

((Yep.))

The girl set the stone down lightly. "Well, if you haven't realized already, I'm an Angel. And I can assume you know what are jobs are, yes? We keep the demons on check. Now, I was wondering if you know of any hotspots, or places they might congregate. You are similar to their alternate form, and I would be led to believe that them and you might share the same interests."

"I am offended!" The dragon cried, his tail coiling around the stone and reeling it in. "How dare you compare me, a dragon, to those lowly creatures." He huffed when there was a buzzing from the pile under his feet. The dragon snorted in surprise then quickly sorted through the piles of treasure until he had a phone. His tongue forked out and touched the screen before he raised the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" He purred, making a gesture with his tail for the angel to leave. "Souls? I already told you, I'm not interested. They aren't even shiny."

"You have it all wrong, my friend." She flicked her hand, and the phone slithered out of his paws. It moved to her own ear. "You heard him. If you have a problem, he will call you back later." Taking the phone, she ended the call. "You and them share reptilian like forms."

The dragon frowned and lowered his head slightly. He did not like people manhandling his posessions. "I have nothing more to say," he replied dismissively. "Especially to a rude creature with no manners. Just as bad as the demons, you are. Shoo now while I am still nice. And give me back my phone. I need to call them back."

Sighing, she shook her head, and gave the phone back to him. As her hand, and his paw touched, she shivered, and pulled away. On her way out, she picked up her crystal. Standing for a few seconds, debating, she put it back down gently, and slipped out the door. There was a whoosh as she took of into the air.

Rosalie continued lapping at the pond water for a little bit before slowly stepping backwards, careful not to bump into anything and stretching. Hi! she greeted the beautiful birds cheerfully, leaning down and munching on a patch of sweet, green, grass. Wonderful day, isn't it? she asked, circling then laying down on a warm sunspot next to the edge of the pond where the birds were swimming. Her legs ached from all that traveling, Rosalie decided she should rest for a bit and chat with these lovely birds.

Elsa was rather surprised when the stranger began speaking. She hadn't expected her to do that.

Telepathy? Why, I haven't seen someone use telepathy since...

Elsa could not remember when she had heard telepathy. t had been so long ago and her memories were always so fuzzy. It was best not to strain herself trying to think about it.

Indeed, Elsa replied to the beast within her thoughts. Today is rather pleasant. If I may ask, where do you come from? I haven't seen your kind around for centuries!

Elsa's duckling kept to her sides as she spoke with the stranger. The little thing was not like them. It was a mere animal, incapable of such high intelligence. Elsa didn't mind, however, she still loved the little cutie.

(This is a bad post, my apologizes for it.)

Edited by Doctortear

Xavier watched the goings at the water from his place up in the tree. Grinning as he watched the small bird swim close to the swan maiden he kept an eye on it for the entertainment that little animals always provided it seemed. Lifting his head up off his paws he then noticed the unicorn before tilting his head in confusion.

Leaping down from his perch in the tree he then stretched out a bit. Giving a slight yawn he then moved to the water moving close to the area where the swans had gone into the water. Lowering his head he then began to lap at the water for a bit. He then moved back a bit before he laid down. Curling his tail around himself leaving a space at his side and just grinned as the squirrel from the tree came down after him and curled back in that spot.

Deep in this very forest. We set up a barrier, but somehow humans were still able to take down the barrier and find my herd and hunt everyone. Rosalie explained, her ear flicking uncomfortably. She felt like someone was watching her. Her suspicion was proved right as a giant cat burst out of the trees and stretched, then started drinking where she had not to long before. Well hello. Rosalie jumped back, a bit surprised and quite weary of this predator.

(It's great, don't worry DT happy.gif)

Xavier looked up when he heard the voice before he then tilted his head in greeting. Checking on the little ball of fluff that was sleeping on his side he then looked back to her, ' Hello.' He then set his head back down on his paws as he watched them moving around. His ears listening to the sounds around them to make sure no humans were headed this way.

The dragon let out an irritated puff of smoke before settling back down, flicking the stone to the back of his collection. He was going to eat the next thing that appeared in his cave. To be honest, he should have eaten that man before. Maybe he should hunt something later.

A barrier? How did you manage that? Elsa asked in shock. Surely they would of been discovered easily. These days, the world had all sorts of technology. Elsa wouldn't be surprised if some sort of machine was made to break through barriers made by mythical creatures. It wouldn't be the first time things went wrong for a majestic species. The sudden shifting in movement caught Elsa's attention. A leopard, (gods know what it was doing), leaped from a tree and promptly plopped itself down near the pond. Normally, Elsa wouldn't be surprised seeing such an animal out of place and in a forest. However, seeing as the animal in question was a leopard made Elsa squeamish. It was a big cat, not a little house cat Elsa could shoo away with the beak and talons. If this cat attacked Elsa, she'd be nearly defenseless. Elsa did not think the unicorn would hurt her. No, the equine was of a noble breed. They didn't attack anyone out of malice. A leopard, however, Elsa did not trust. It was a feline and a carnivorous animal. She was a bird, a mother bird with a duckling to be exact. She was lower on the food chain than the cat. Keeping an eye on the leopard, Elsa let her duckling scoot towards her side and press itself into her feathers. The poor thing was scared to death, and for a good reason. Elsa hoped the cat would not attack, but, then again, she had no way to contact it. She didn't have telepathy like the unicorn. She would have to settle with hoping and wishing it kept its distance.

Xavier turned his head as he noticed that the swan was tensed since his presence. Watching the little one curl around her he took a breath before slowly shifting into his human form. Since all the time he had spent as a leopard during his childhood his shifting had always been slower then others.

Once in human form he lifted the squirrel up to his shoulder before he then turned to the birds, " I mean no harm. I just came out here for a little fresh air before I had to head inside and get ready for work." He then moved a hand to his pocket and pulled out a bad and setting it down at the edge tore it open to revel a multitude of bread crumbs, " I sometimes come to feed the birds. Imagine to my surprise when a bird I had been feeding for a while turns out to be a ward of a swan maiden."

The lead of the herd would do it, she or he was the strongest and was more then capable. Rosalie explained. She stepped farther back, but was ready to charge at the oversized cat if he wanted to hurt the birds. Her eyes widened in surprise as the leopard turned into a human. He definitely wasn't a normal leopard, and judging from what he said, he was friendly. Besides, now that she was actually focusing, Rosalie didn't feel any negative emotions from him at the moment.

Ward of a swan maiden? What does he mean about that? Elsa wasn't sure what he meant by "ward", but she most certainly was a swan maiden. Seeing as he understood what she was made Elsa calm down slightly. He had some lore in his head, that was sure at the very least. That was good to know. However, despite his words, Elsa still did not trust this stranger. She had no reason to. She had met many people in the past who seemed nice at first and turned out to be cold killers. Elsa did not necessarily think this leopard was a killer, but she still had many reasons not to trust him. But, with the unicorn around and no evidence of ill thoughts from the leopard, Elsa let herself settle down. Her muscles, no longer tense, seemed to affect the duckling. It was still curled up by her side, but it was no longer pressed hard into her flesh. It didn't dare glance in the leopard's direction and merely kept its gaze on its adoptive mother. Elsa, unable to talk in her current from, merely blinked at the leopard in response. The bread crumbs in his bag was tempting, but Elsa knew had to restrain herself. Her duckling, however, was a different story. If it saw crumbs thrown into the water, it would no longer heed danger and head straight for the food.

You better of not bought white bread. That gives no nutrition to a water fowl.

((Finally decided to post.))

Adrian slammed the door to his apartment, storming down the stairs and out the door. His parents had decided to pay him a visit, and currently they were wandering about his apartment, browsing and no doubt messing things up. He growled to himself. They had no right to bust down his door and impose on him without warning! His feet took him to a park just out of town as he muttered angrily to himself. He plopped himself onto a hill next to a small pond, not noticing the beings crouched around the water. Sometimes he wondered what would happen if he hadn't been born at all. Now was one of those times. He laid down and closed his eyes, feeling his anger wash over him. He slowly started transforming into his Wraith Knight persona, his antlers poking out of his hair and his canines elongating.

Edited by Techno_Elf

Xavier noticed the weird look he was being given and just leaned back on the tree trunk slowly ignoring the chattering in his ear from the squirrel. Looking around them at the scene he then smiled as he noticed the little one looking at the bag. Turning his head to the larger bird he then asked, " Is it okay if I toss the crumbs out for the little one? It's a mix of different wheat breads. My brother is a vet and would have my hide if I were to give a bird white bread."

Grinning gently towards them as he sat there and just waited for a nod or a shake of the head, or even for them to just swim away in answer. Turning his head when he felt a bite on his ear he looked to the squirrel before baring his teeth a bit. Seeing it move to his lap he then closed his lips and went to petting it.

Rain had been high up in the atmosphere, circling over the meadow below. She was still irked over the whole incident with the dragon. Her wings growing tired, she alighted down on the grass. It was picturesque, the pond, the bright sun, the green grass. She sighed, closing her eyes. The sun soaked into her black wings, warming her pleasantly.

Elsa blinked, unsure. She wasn't exactly happy with the idea of letting her duckling near a strange, let alone be fed by a stranger. What if there was poison in the bread crumbs? What if he grabbed the duckling when it got close and killed it? Elsa's eyes quickly darted to the unicorn before settling back onto the leopard. If this creature dared to hurt her duckling, the unicorn would end him. Killing an innocent babe was considered to be one of the worst crimes to commit by most. No doubt this unicorn believed that as well. Besides, finding food was getting harder. The weather was getting harsher, the hunters were still out and about, and nature was not kind. Perhaps a few crumbs would do Elsa's duckling good. Giving the leopard a knowing look, she gently let herself ride the current and turn towards him. She let her little duckling leave the comfort of her wings, though she did not like it, and off on its own. Elsa was sure the leopard knew he could throw the crumbs now. Although she still did not entirely trust him, she did trust the unicorn to react if the leopard had ill intents. So far, she did not seem aroused in any manner. That meant nothing was wrong, right?

Watching the swan carefully he then took some of the bread crumbs and placed them on his tongue. Showing there wasn't any poison before he looked to the little one gently. Once it had moved from the comfort of her wings he moved to the edge of the water before tossing the bread out. When the bag was empty he moved back not wanting to upset the female and knowing how deadly she could be if given the change.

Seeing the breadcrumbs move he noticed some disappear from slow moving fish he then looked up. " I was taken in when I was a cub and treated as a pet for a young boy until the parents realized I wasn't a leopard. I know how protective adopted mothers can be."

Elsa watched as her duckling's eyes brightened up at the sight of the bread crumbs. It paddled its way over to the crumbs and began pecking at the crumbs that the fish did not swallow. Elsa watched her duckling worriedly. She wasn't sure if anything would go wrong, but there was always that possibility that something might just go wrong. Elsa shifted her wings uncomfortably. This pond was getting too crowded for her liking. There was someone hovering overhead and a man on a bench not too far away. The unicorn and leopard was enough, but two more people? No, this was getting to be too much.

Once my little duckling finishes up, I think we'll take our leave. There is far too many people in this pond for my liking.

Turning his head as he scented something new he lifted his head up to catch the breeze. He then stood up slowly before he moved the squirrel up onto a branch to let him go free. Seeing the man on the bench a part of him seemed to be rubbed the wrong way. Looking to the swan he then bowed a bit, " It was nice meeting you. I'm Xavier. I live in the house with the blue roof and if you ever need help with the little one I could have my brother there to help out."

Grinning as he rose up he then turned before he began to head to his house. Tossing the brown paper bag into a trash can so it didn't get swept away on a breeze. As he moved past the trees he soon made it to the door of his house before unlocking the door and going inside.

Adrian opened his eyes as he felt a shadow pass over him. He sat up. An honest-to-Gods DRAGON had parked its scaly behind right next to him. What the censorkip.gif? He looked towards the pond. There was a unicorn. What the censorkip.gif? He knew strange things happened in this city, but...this was certainly a first!

((Tech, the Dragon is in a cave still... Rain is an angel. smile.gif ))

Slowly standing, she wandered over closer to the pond. For her, it was not an odd sight to see all these mythical creatures gathered. A brief look into their minds told her their species, and their names. "Hello Elsa, glad to see you're well." The angel smiled warmly at them. Turning to the unicorn, she dipped her head. "Rosalie, it's been quite a while since I've seen a unicorn." Her eyes then fell on the male. He was just disappearing off into the distance. "Hmm..." Folding her wings on her back, she sat down with the other fems. "I'm Rain."

Elsa would of squawked if she wasn't mute in her swan form. Did that lady just read her mind? Elsa was fully aware of certain species that could tap into a stranger's mind and learn about them without ever lifting a finger. Elsa had run into several of these beings beforehand. Each and every encounter she had with these creatures, they read her mind and learned about her. Elsa had this same experience before. Just like all of the other times, she did not like it. How could you trust someone who could learn things about you so easily? How could you trust someone who could explore your mind so freely and take information with you without your permission. This did not boat well for Elsa. She was irritated that this stranger went into her mind and took information from her. How dare she do that? Elsa did not give her permission to do what she did, nor did she fancy the stranger's actions. Diverting her eyes away from the stranger, Elsa collected her duckling and began to swim further away in the pond. Her aggravation and anger with this stranger clouded her mind. She could barely think straight because she was so angry. Elsa turned her back on this stranger. She would share several harsh words with her if she could, but she still could not talk in this form. She couldn't even make any noises. She was a mute swan, after all.

I was going to leave anyway. Far too many people here for my liking. I can't remember the last time I saw so many mythical creatures. This pond must be rigged or something. I just wanted my duckling to swim, and before I know it, there's four other beings here, speaking with me, trying to give my duckling bread, and reading my mind. My god, doesn't she know how rude that is? Why, I can't remember when I've seen such lack of manners.

Hoping that she would find some place to find better food, Elsa continued down the pond and away from the unicorn and lady. She had enough of this nonsense for today. She had ran into far too many suspicious people and some time alone would be must appreciated.