Riverwillows

2014 Raffle/Prize Dragon

Knowing my luck, I won't win but I'll be happy for who does.

I honestly don't mind if it's shimmers again this year or a new breed as I quite liked the shimmers. Anxious to see them already and it's very nerve-racking. I get all excited to check my email every year and then the disappointment flows through but oh well, can't wait to see. c:

~ Bam

Should be Shimmers, since it's been pointed out that TJ made no mention of new dragons, and because the Tinsels were presented 2 years running, making it likely that the others will be as well.

Personally, I like the concept of the Raffle, just wish they were in a decent percentage of the entries, and I'd like to wish all of us the very best of luck - we'll need it, lol.

For me an HM would either be CB male soulpeace or female hellhorse.

If I got a prize I would-

-breed x pink and gift to a certain someone who would probably only breed it in order to get enough golds and coppers to complete their scroll goals and then never breed it again. I'd retire that line.

-breed x a certain recipients choice of mate, and they would probably gift and trade their offspring like crazy, and I'd retire that line too.

-breed a single line that I'd use the second and third gens for trading for the few things I still want

-breed a half dozen lines and gift away or AP or do crazy easy trades for the third gens

Second gen shinies wouldn't be for trade very often, they'd be for breeding stock, lol, but those third gens would probably be given out like candy and I wouldn't care if they didn't hold their 'trade value'. I just want to see people have them and enjoy them.

I'm actually going to wait and see what TJ says in his announcement. There's no real reason for him to state whether it will be a shimmer or other, until then, so I would think that assuming it will be, just because he hasn't said anything yet, might be premature. He hasn't even announced the raffle at all, really.

Like I said, I'd wait til then.

For me an HM would either be CB male soulpeace or female hellhorse.

If I got a prize I would-

-breed x pink and gift to a certain someone who would probably only breed it in order to get enough golds and coppers to complete their scroll goals and then never breed it again. I'd retire that line.

-breed x a certain recipients choice of mate, and they would probably gift and trade their offspring like crazy, and I'd retire that line too.

-breed a single line that I'd use the second and third gens for trading for the few things I still want

-breed a half dozen lines and gift away or AP or do crazy easy trades for the third gens

Second gen shinies wouldn't be for trade very often, they'd be for breeding stock, lol, but those third gens would probably be given out like candy and I wouldn't care if they didn't hold their 'trade value'. I just want to see people have them and enjoy them.

That's what I want to do, breed 2nd gens., keep them, but pretty much all the third gens. will be gifted.

Yeah, I'd probably breed 2nd gens, trade for other 2nd gens, and gift the 3rd gens.

If I won a Prize Dragon - I would rule the world lol

Actually I would try and make some nice lineages, trade some offspring for good stuff that I have no chance of getting otherwise ... but I would also like to give a couple of offspring away in a way that people who usually miss out, also get a chance.

If I won a prize dragon, well... I wouldn't know what to do with myself. xd.png I'm sort of quiet/antisocial and rather unlucky, so the only low-gen prizes I have were traded for for an arm and a leg. I have a few people in mind I'd gift 2nd gens to; then after that I'd probably glomp gift strangers, people who have helped/gifted to me in the past, or people I've had nice conversations/trades with. And hold a creative lotto or two. Maybe with riddles.

Edited by Katie92

If I won a prize, I would ask for a normal code. Just a random collection of numbers and letter. SsBky would be cool. Everyone would wonder why I had such a bad code. I'm going to name it, so it wouldn't get referred to by its code anyway.

I would probably offer a second generation for a Neglected. Then I'd probably stop breeding.

Whatever it is, I hope it's a Bronze.

Edited by sbowen

If I won a Prize Dragon - I would rule the world lol

Actually I would try and make some nice lineages, trade some offspring for good stuff that I have no chance of getting otherwise ... but I would also like to give a couple of offspring away in a way that people who usually miss out, also get a chance.

I like the way you are thinking. happy.gif

Iam42 (Uhh, not directly because of the user on here, just because of the number and its meaning LOL)

Dangit, Saynna. I thought we had something special! I wake up to this. laugh.gif And pfft - http://dragcave.net/lineage/lAm42

You picked some nice codes. smile.gif

Anyway, this year - if I get any 2Gs/3Gs I won't say anything on the forum. Especially if it's a new breed of Prize Dragon. Last year, it was horrible dealing with all the messages I got, despite even putting a warning to not PM me about them in my signature. It was hectic to deal with, and I can definitely sympathize with the CB owners who blatantly ask not to be messaged about it, yet people ignore that.

That said, I also did receive some really nice, helpful comments from people who mean good. smile.gif So it all balances out, I think.

Edited by FortyTwo

I might actually choose a Gold Tinsel instead of a Shimmer. So many of the original owners of Tinsels are not around anymore, it's a pity their CBs don't get bred anymore.

I would probably just

breed 1st - trade

breed 2nd - gift

breed 3rd - AP

then restart with trade

And I'd definitely choose a numbers only code for my eggy laugh.gif

Edited by lilysally

If it was a shimmer... I'd name it Hrmes probably. It's always five characters, right? If we could do six I'd do Hermes; four I would do Luci.

If it's a new breed, I have no idea. I'm not sure how prizes work. I'd definitely gift. After doing some self-breeding.

If I win this raffle, I will first breed a sec gen for my friends and who I owe... It would take me off my debt for sure... And then I might as well trade for something reasonable, and May gift for random people wink.gif the plan for later. biggrin.gif

I'm also torn between Soulpeace and Holly as a HM prize.

And there is a code I'd love to have, but there's no way I'm telling it tongue.gif

I hope there will be a new prize dragon. I have a few nice codes in mind but I won't tell them yet tongue.gif

I would probably breed a second generation for myself first and trade the other eggs for cb metallics or neglecteds and maybe gift some eggs just to see people's reactions laugh.gif

If I get a honorable mention, I'd choose a cb Holly.

I've picked the code I'd like and have an idea of what I'll do. Code would apply if I won a prize or a HM (which would be a holly since we can have more than 2 now).

I'll never win xd.png

But if I win a Shimmer... it will be a male and its code will be (STEVE).

I'll repay some nice people with 2nd gens and trade the third gens to complete my Shimmer collection!

Then I'll gift everything happy.gif

If I get a HM... I don't know. I don't have Frills or CB Hollies, maybe I'll ask for one of them.

Edited by Masterdragon992

I'd like a halloween sprite alt Skywing as honorary mention-or holly, or silver shimmer

If I should win a prize-code Shiny.

I'd trade the 2nd gens for cb metallics, 2nd gen prize/kin or 2nd gens from spriters alts-and gift the 3rd gens-which would be even gen checkers only. everybody just breeds their prizes in stairs or spirals, so I'd not.

Should be Shimmers, since it's been pointed out that TJ made no mention of new dragons, and because the Tinsels were presented 2 years running, making it likely that the others will be as well.

Personally, I like the concept of the Raffle, just wish they were in a decent percentage of the entries, and I'd like to wish all of us the very best of luck - we'll need it, lol.

I just fear that, if they will be shimmers, we''ll have a bad drought while two years ago, with tinsels hardly breed one egg every 3-4 months.

Really hope this won't happen, but I fear so. unsure.gif

I'd like a halloween sprite alt Skywing as honorary mention-or holly, or silver shimmer

If I should win a prize-code Shiny.

I'd trade the 2nd gens for cb metallics, 2nd gen prize/kin or 2nd gens from spriters alts-and gift the 3rd gens-which would be even gen checkers only. everybody just breeds their prizes in stairs or spirals, so I'd not.

I don't think you can request "dress-up" versions of sprites.

But high-five on the even-gen thing! happy.gif

@Iside: Oh geez, that's a point. I really could do without that happening. :s

I don't think you can request "dress-up" versions of sprites.

I wish we could biggrin.gif

@Sirikith & Amazon_warrior, I'd like to see more even gen prizes, too. Checkers especially.

If I won a prize, I would probably pick iddqd as the code, or something else related to Doom, and I'd gift the offspring to my close friends and then I'd trade for tons of Gray hatchlings. Also I would probably breed it to all my CB Grays and nothing else, and keep all the shimmerfails. |D

If I had to choose a Honorable Mention dragon it'd probably be a CB Marrow or something like that. Or a CB Gold.

:xd.png: I'm not that lucky to catch at 2gen gift at all laugh.gif

If I do win, I'll trade a few off for dragons I can't ever catch, then gift them later on laugh.gif

Edited by Lysian

Well, honestly, if I win I would go into hiding... hide my scroll, maybe even go inactive for a while on the forums and do my best to avoid attraction. Then breed some 2nd gen. for myself, trade some and gift some to nice people here. Being a dreamer and all I even have a code already and just because of this code I hope we have Shimmers again. He is, after all, a Chinese Electric Batman wink.gif

As for HM I am torn between a CB Alt Vine and a CB Soulpeace. Can't I just have both laugh.gif ?

As for HM I am torn between a CB Alt Vine and a CB Soulpeace. Can't I just have both laugh.gif ?

Sure! You just need to win the raffle twice! tongue.gifxd.png