Riverwillows

2014 Raffle/Prize Dragon

If I won one of the main prizes, I'd gift and trade and gift some more. As for HMs, I'd like another CB frill or a colored stripe or perhaps one of the hybrids. It's so hard to choose.

I dont have a gold trophy :C

When I first started out I wouldnt collect that many dragons because I only wanted the sprites and descriptions I liked. I think the dedication is shown through getting a ticket, ex: get to lvl 25 in snowforts. To be honest I dont expect to win so I didnt really put much thought into it. What does the hm stand for anyways? I like cb holly but then again alts and hybrids are pretty in lineages. I think for me it would be whichever is more rare or has a higher trade value

Edit: thanks for telling me what hm stands for. I kept thinking hidden machine due to pokemon

Edited by Sarah864

When I first started out I wouldnt colleqct that many dragons because I only wanted the sprites and descriptions I liked. I think the dedication is shown through getting a ticket, ex: get to lvl 25 in snowforts. To be honest I dont expect to win so I didnt really put much thought into it. What does the hm stand for anyways? I like cb holly but then again alts are pretty in lineages. I think for me it would be whichever is more rare or has a higher trade value

HM means "honorable mention"--not a top prize, but still good.

When I first started out I wouldnt colleqct that many dragons because I only wanted the sprites and descriptions I liked. I think the dedication is shown through getting a ticket, ex: get to lvl 25 in snowforts. To be honest I dont expect to win so I didnt really put much thought into it. What does the hm stand for anyways? I like cb holly but then again alts are pretty in lineages. I think for me it would be whichever is more rare or has a higher trade value

HM stands for Honorable Mention.

[/nods twice]

And I know the feels.

I'm pretty picky about my scroll and what goes on it as well. Combine that with a slow computer and you can't get noffin' you want without screaming in agony.

It sucks, but it comes down to their dragon, their choice.

And it is unfair having a site-wide raffle for everyone except you lot, over there.

I agree with this, a raffle by its very nature is supposed to be random chance and its not going to change just to suit the select few who have a problem with the current status quo. because not including people based on one reason or another is wrong.

Edited by beautifuldragon5000

But you're still breeding it, I said nothing about what they do with them or who they trade the 2Gs to.

I stated that it is selfish to not breed it. That is it.

I'll just quote what you said in another post.

CB Prizes are rare-as-hell dragons. Therefore, they should go to people that will actually breed them so more people can have 2Gs

Don't worry, you and others won't get a 2nd-gen Prize from me if I win. And the 3rd-gens from perfect checkers will go to people who I trust or to newbies who have no prize dragons on their scroll at all.

I'll just quote what you said in another post.

Don't worry, you and others won't get a 2nd-gen Prize from me if I win. And the 3rd-gens from perfect checkers will go to people who I trust or to newbies who have no prize dragons on their scroll at all.

Not sure why you quoted those, lol. They weren't contradicting statements, as if the prizes are bred, more people will have 2Gs.

What I don't understand is how its selfish not to breed a CB prize, the fact of the matter is that this is a game and each person plays it in their own way, If they choose not to breed or very selectively breed we as the general populace of this game have no right to say what they can and can't do with their dragons on their own scroll. Only TJ and the mods have that right and currently as far as I am aware they haven't said that more 2nd gen prizes need to be bred... so that's that.

I love the raffles...but I don't so much love the arguing and bad feelings they bring around. sleep.gif

I'll just go and think about the perfect code for if I win (probably something Mass Effect related).

Oh, I totally thought of something I'd trade 2ed gen Prizes for, along with glomp gifts...names. There are a few names I REALLY want for my OTP(One True Pairing) lineage, and I bet I could land a few that way! O:

Edited by Draco Knight

If I would win, I would gift to my friends and then most likely randomly gift eggs and drop to the AP for the most part. I'm just not a trader and would rather spread the wealth randomly.

For an HM, I would be hard pressed between a Holly or a CB Hellhorse.

I gave some more thought and if I won a gold or got a 2g gold prize (I would have preferred tinsel as it'd look better with what I'm doing than a shimmer) I would make a checker with this little fella: http://dragcave.net/lineage/FuKAD <3

So the CB would be male mated with a female white, then they make a 2g prize which would be bred with a 2g metal fail like: http://dragcave.net/lineage/8Jlvz (yes it is another legit dorkface that isn't very popular for some reason). Then the 3g dorkface comes in and breeds with the 3g Gold prize <3

I would love that VERY much >:]

I figured out some codes that I'd really love.

Sayna

Heart (Most likely this one ^^)

Breed

51997 (birthday by month, day, year)

Ember

Iam42 (Uhh, not directly because of the user on here, just because of the number and its meaning LOL)

zPika

Not sure why you quoted those, lol. They weren't contradicting statements, as if the prizes are bred, more people will have 2Gs.

Yeah, "lol". It'd have been better if you had written "the CB prizes should go to people who'll bred me a 2nd-gen Prize" from the beginning so you'd have been honest, at least.

@beautifuldragon5000:

What I don't understand is how its selfish not to breed a CB prize, the fact of the matter is that this is a game and each person plays it in their own way, If they choose not to breed or very selectively breed we as the general populace of this game have no right to say what they can and can't do with their dragons on their own scroll. Only TJ and the mods have that right and currently as far as I am aware they haven't said that more 2nd gen prizes need to be bred... so that's that.

Yes. I fail to see how a "Prize dragon" has to be bred so everybody can have offspring from it. If you win a raffle and win chocolate you're free to share it with some people you like but not with complete strangers from the street or with people who were rude to you anyway.

My scroll, my dragons.

And if a person with no trophy wins and leaves the game, who cares? They have better things to do biggrin.gif

Edited by Mondat

I gave some more thought and if I won a gold or got a 2g gold prize (I would have preferred tinsel as it'd look better with what I'm doing than a shimmer) I would make a checker with this little fella: http://dragcave.net/lineage/FuKAD <3

So the CB would be male mated with a female white, then they make a 2g prize which would be bred with a 2g metal fail like: http://dragcave.net/lineage/8Jlvz (yes it is another legit dorkface that isn't very popular for some reason). Then the 3g dorkface comes in and breeds with the 3g Gold prize <3

I would love that VERY much >:]

I figured out some codes that I'd really love.

Sayna

Heart (Most likely this one ^^)

Breed

51997 (birthday by month, day, year)

Ember

Iam42 (Uhh, not directly because of the user on here, just because of the number and its meaning LOL)

zPika

I like 51997

Because since it's your birthday it can read as month and year OR month day and year.

And that's pretty awesome.

Iam42 is pretty awesome as well.

Sayna made me think of Sansa which made me think or Arya... which doesn't have five letters... <<

Hm...

I think I like Stark for mine. BD House of Stark, ftw. Terrible at politics and all we care about is the coming of winter! BECAUSE WITH WINTERS COME ZOMBIES!!!

Thanks for the inspiration btw. xd.png

LOL, you choose the codes that had numbers in them. xd.png

No problem and when you said Stark I was thinking of Stark from Bleach.. xd.png I'll think of more and post here. Ohhhh, after I typed in that sentence I thought of "Smile" and now that's starting to grow on me, haha.

xd.png I was thinking of doing cool number things but then now you have me on a Game of Thrones binge. Time to go fawn over my lovely handsome perfect Jon Snow. [/swoons]

Be still my heart.

I have a line of pink dragons named loosely after House Tyrell xd.png Loras Goldenflower. [/pets her dragon] I adore house Tyrell but I'm not sneaky enough.

But your birthday one definitely stood out. When I saw it I thought that it was month and year xd.png and then you said it had day in it also and I was like "WHOA! Her birthday fits her birth year and my mind is BLOWN!" And 42 because... 42, duh. xd.png

Just throwing it out here, but someone should so have their prize dragon's code be "Mulan" or "Mushu". They are Chinese inspired dragons and who doesn't love the classic "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" movie?

If I don't get a prize dragon, and instead be one of the runner-ups; I would pick a CB Holly.

Otherwise I'll just grab a CB egg and make it my personal consolation prize.

if i win a prize, it's code will be (peter). even if its an HM. then i would get a holly, influence female and give it the same code to mess with my fiance lol

xd.png I was thinking of doing cool number things but then now you have me on a Game of Thrones binge. Time to go fawn over my lovely handsome perfect Jon Snow. [/swoons]

Be still my heart.

I have a line of pink dragons named loosely after House Tyrell xd.png Loras Goldenflower. [/pets her dragon] I adore house Tyrell but I'm not sneaky enough.

But your birthday one definitely stood out. When I saw it I thought that it was month and year xd.png and then you said it had day in it also and I was like "WHOA! Her birthday fits her birth year and my mind is BLOWN!" And 42 because... 42, duh. xd.png

I hadn't noticed you could have read it as month and year either until I relooked at everything to make sure I put in everything I thought I wanted and saw that the year I was born was in it lol. So yeah could be looked both ways xd.png

Well the 42 would have translated the code to: "I am life" Lol.

I kinda wanted to do TV series (anime as well) too like Being Human, but then again I think I would grow bored of the code, but that's just me. >_>;;;

I'm hoping more will share what kind of codes they get and not hint to something they're wanting. I want to hear the actual codes. Lol

Topic of this thread:

Everyone is chomping the bit, waiting for the raffle to be drawn, and the announcement of this year's Prize Dragon.

Here is a thread to give you something to talk about to others while we wait. Burn off steam so to speak, lol.

So what would you like the new Prize Dragon to look like? What are your plans for it, if you win?

Personally, I just hope whoever is spriting it this year is a bit more generous and open about sharing offspring from their sprite, than in previous years.

EDIT: At this time, we do not know when the drawing will take place. TJ will make an announcement soon. This is just for speculation and discussion. Thank you.

Topic warning:

The thread is not here to discuss rather or not prizes should be bred or who "deserves" them.

Edited by rubyshoes

Just throwing it out here, but someone should so have their prize dragon's code be "Mulan" or "Mushu". They are Chinese inspired dragons and who doesn't love the classic "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" movie?

OMG. I'd love to have the code "Mulan". :3 She's my favorite Disney character apart from Merida in Brave. xd.png

EDIT: And if I were to get an HM, I would get a CB Holly/Soulpeace. smile.gif

Edited by Evolette

Haven't read this entire thread because I'd like as much as possible to avoid the drama about what people think other people "should" do, or how they're being selfish by playing the game however they want (including leaving if they choose to or have to).

So anyway smile.gif

(edit: didn't see rubyshoes' post - if I had I wouldn't have gone on about that, heh)

If I got a prize dragon that wasn't a shimmer, I have some ideas from the completed list I'd love it to be - like this one, for example!. But I think prize dragons are secrets? So, imagining what I would like... I'd love something with dramatic colors and patterns - not necessarily the same colors/patterns as the Solstices but that's the general effect I'd prefer. Or I'd also love something with an opal-like sheen, slightly rainbowey, and metallic highlights probably on a mane or wings. And I have a code in mind that I think would be awesome.

As far as breeding/gifting plans, I don't think I'd know for sure unless I got one and was really faced with the opportunity. But at this point, I have an idea of doing something a bit different - creating pretty checkers, inbred so every other one is the prize dragon, and at maybe 5th or 6th gen giving the offspring from there. It wouldn't let people do as much as if they'd had a 2nd gen, but I see so many stairsteps and spirals with prizes that it's getting a bit boring, and very rarely an even gen but it looks awkward to me with prizes only in a small portion of the lineage. So I'd want to mix it up, knowing that my prize dragon was involved in something more unique. And I'd name the dragons in neat ways, too, probably referencing TV shows or poems or the like, so that people who knew what the names meant could have even more enjoyment from the lineage.

Edited by diaveborn

Knowing my luck, I won't win but I'll be happy for who does.

I honestly don't mind if it's shimmers again this year or a new breed as I quite liked the shimmers. Anxious to see them already and it's very nerve-racking. I get all excited to check my email every year and then the disappointment flows through but oh well, can't wait to see. c:

~ Bam