Riverwillows

2014 Raffle/Prize Dragon

Yes I agree. I doubt it'll happen, though /:

Tbh I think a good way to prevent winners from quitting is to only allow people with gold-trophies (maaaaybe Silver, too) to win. Having that shows their dedication to the game, therefore they are less likely to quit. It seems that quite a few owners with lesser trophies quit and then never finish their lists they promised. I had this happen to me with Shimmer Luck's owner, and iirc, she only had a Bronze Trophy >_>

Ouch. I have a Bronze trophy. O.o I'm not planning on quitting or whatever and I'd love to win.

Personally, I think it would suck shutting people out because they'd started more recently or had already won in a previous raffle.

Anyone entered should have an equal (virtually non-existent, lol) chance to win, fair and square.

Lol, when I started, we didn't even have trophies, yet over 5 years later, I still spend far too much time on this site - we all did start, at some point.

Ouch. I have a Bronze trophy. O.o I'm not planning on quitting or whatever and I'd love to win.

Same, it wouldn't be nice to those just starting out, people who join the year of shouldn't quit for a while; though I can't say the same for some, my addiction to Dragon Cave has only just begun.

You might not be planning on quitting, but look at the CB Prizes' progenies. Quite a few of them have barely been bred (most likely) due to the owners being newbies and quitting, and not knowing/caring that they have such a special and rare dragon.

I just think the CB prizes should go to people who would really appreciate them and will actually breed them, which would probably be people with more dragons e.g. silver/gold trophies c:

Edited by Erica8798

Oh, thats a smart idea! I think you just convinced me to do something similar. tongue.gif

I have a word code picked out and checked, I am so excited and nervous. I hope I at least get HM, that'd make me happy. I do know if I get a gold prize, Ima ask for silver instead. tongue.gif

yeah. i'm really hoping that i win, because i want to make the code my fiance's name. i know it's a small chance but i've been having a pretty censorkip.gif year so far (only three days in and already depressed) so i'm trying to be hopeful for at least this.

Quite a few of them have barely been bred (most likely) due to the owners being newbies and quitting, and not knowing/caring that they have such a special and rare dragon.

Or maybe the people who won the dragons don't want to be bred or are not forum active but are DC active?

Or maybe the person who got it has a gold trophy and has been on DC for so long they decided to quit themselves?

It's unfair banning people who are new from getting a shot at prize dragons. Sure it's frustrating to have played for so long and not get a CB shimmer, rare alt or what not and in comes this fresh young thing with all the magical fairy dust in the world and they win the prize dragon...

But that's raffles for ya and it's all for fun.

As for what would happen if I got one the dragons, I'd gift their little kids randomly. Friends, of course, will get their second gen. Then I'll derp around the forum and pick people with pretty usernames/personalities/whatever suits my fancy that day and go:

"You. Yeah. You. A VERY HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!"

And pop off to the next victim.

As for trading... eh.

Don't have much of a wishlist aside from an origami dragon... and some dinos... and a neglected... but... effort... too much effort.

You might not be planning on quitting, but look at the CB Prizes' progenies. Quite a few of them have barely been bred (most likely) due to the owners being newbies and quitting, and not knowing/caring that they have such a special and rare dragon.

I just think the CB prizes should go to people who would really appreciate them and will actually breed them, which would probably be people with more dragons e.g. silver/gold trophies c:

Apparently, some people who won Prize dragons quit because they couldn't cope with the deluge of requests, and it would indeed be pretty horrible having to say 'sorry, no room on the list' to 897 people. sad.gif

Also, I've seen a few people post that they wouldn't breed any Prize dragon they won much, as little as a couple of times a year, in order to keep prices up.

And I have dragons that haven't produced in months or even for a year or more, (a White Dorky with a list, years back) so some just don't like spitting 'em out, these naturally being the ones you'd most like eggs from/that people have been waiting forever for.

Lots of potential reasons for Prizes not breeding exist and I'd be hesitant to attribute them to newer people winning a Prize and just deciding to stop playing because they were new.

yeah. i'm really hoping that i win, because i want to make the code my fiance's name. i know it's a small chance but i've been having a pretty censorkip.gif year so far (only three days in and already depressed) so i'm trying to be hopeful for at least this.

I really hope your year picks up and here's a virtual hug and cookie.

My year's been starting off terribly as well (My laptop decided on the first day of the year to go "NOPE AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! TODAY I DIE!") but hey, my friend told me this:

Maybe we're just getting all our terrible luck out of the way now so that later in the year we'd have better luck.

Cheers to a hopeful good year for the both of us.

Or maybe the people who won the dragons don't want to be bred or are not forum active but are DC active?

Or maybe the person who got it has a gold trophy and has been on DC for so long they decided to quit themselves?

It's unfair banning people who are new from getting a shot at prize dragons. Sure it's frustrating to have played for so long and not get a CB shimmer, rare alt or what not and in comes this fresh young thing with all the magical fairy dust in the world and they win the prize dragon...

Of course people with gold trophies quit. I'm not saying that doesn't happen. That would be stupid of me. I'm saying that people with them would be less likely to quit because they are probably a dedicated player if they have that many dragons, or at the least, understand how rare a CB prize is and how lucky they are to have won one.

I don't see how it's "unfair". I find it more unfair that some people win CB prizes and quit/never breed them/whatever when someone else, who would cherish and use it could have won instead.

It sucks, but it comes down to their dragon, their choice.

And it is unfair having a site-wide raffle for everyone except you lot, over there.

Of course people with gold trophies quit. I'm not saying that doesn't happen. That would be stupid of me. I'm saying that people with them would be less likely to quit because they are probably a dedicated player if they have that many dragons, or at the least, understand how rare a CB prize is and how lucky they are to have won one.

I don't see how it's "unfair". I find it more unfair that some people win CB prizes and quit/never breed them/whatever when someone else, who would cherish and use it could have won instead.

I always thought having a trophy shows your dedication. if it wasn't for a lot of us oldbies and dedicated people, this site wouldn't have gone as far as it did. Reward the dedicated users! It doesn't take much to get a gold trophy if you really want it! If you're new and you happen to sign up during the event, stay a while and see if you really like the site and next holiday, have enough for a trophy to qualify!

I've seen way too many raffles/contests/lottos on various websites where newbies that see there's an event, sign up, [get lucky and] win something then leave/quit/hiatus--leaving the older/dedicated users with nothing.

I don't think that's actually asking for a lot. If you like this site, aim for a trophy and be active.

(agreeing everything the above poster said)

As stated: Some people don't enjoy using the forums or interacting with other people and simply enjoy collecting eggs both rare and not rare. Who are we to pass judgement on what other people do with their dragons?

Is it selfish of them not to breed? Or of us to expect them to breed?

As stated: Some people don't enjoy using the forums or interacting with other people and simply enjoy collecting eggs both rare and not rare. Who are we to pass judgement on what other people do with their dragons?

Is it selfish of them not to breed? Or of us to expect them to breed?

What do the forums have anything to do with it?

And yes, it is selfish of them not to breed.

Edited by Erica8798

What do the forums have anything to do with it?

Because forums are where people go to trade said offsprings and/or give them away.

And if it's selfish of them not to breed it's selfish of us to expect them to do so.

Their dragon, their decision.

And sometimes it's the dragon's decision.

I dunno, but isn't this getting a bit out of topic/hand? o.o Oh well, looky here. I haven't mentioned what I'd do if I won. biggrin.gif I, for one, have already reserved a couple names I can't seem to choose from. I'm planning to breed offspring for those who have helped me (and for EscapistLore wink.gif) and trade for pretty shinies and maybe an occassional glomping will do. :3

EDIT: Pressed the button too soon. xd.png

Edited by Evolette

I dunno, but isn't this getting a bit out of topic/hand? o.o Oh well, looky here. I

D: Your "I" needs some friends to follow after it.

Because forums are where people go to trade said offsprings and/or give them away.

And if it's selfish of them not to breed it's selfish of us to expect them to do so.

Their dragon, their decision.

And sometimes it's the dragon's decision.

The forums aren't the only way of communicating. People might have friends irl that play DC. Maybe they know people from other games that play. Or they can just AP offsprings, if they want to gift and really don't want to go on the forums.

I don't see how it's selfish of us to expect them to breed. Especially if one was promised an offspring and the owner suddenly stopped breeding the dragon.

CB Prizes are rare-as-hell dragons. Therefore, they should go to people that will actually breed them so more people can have 2Gs.

It sucks, but it comes down to their dragon, their choice.

And it is unfair having a site-wide raffle for everyone except you lot, over there.

Just going to quote someone else who said it succinctly.

If this is something that you are, in fact, passionate about the suggestions thread would be a great place to put your thoughts at.

As Evolette said, we are getting quite off topic.

I really hope your year picks up and here's a virtual hug and cookie.

My year's been starting off terribly as well (My laptop decided on the first day of the year to go "NOPE AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! TODAY I DIE!") but hey, my friend told me this:

Maybe we're just getting all our terrible luck out of the way now so that later in the year we'd have better luck.

Cheers to a hopeful good year for the both of us.

<33 you made me feel a lot better haha

also, while it does suck to see CB prizes not being bred and all i really don't think it's selfish :T just their own decision.

Man, y'all better hope I never win a prize dragon. Telling me it's 'selfish' not to breed my dragon just makes me less inclined to do so. Or folks harassing winners for offspring. Anyone tries to get pushy about how I run my scroll, and they're gonna have a bad day.

Winning an HM would be fantastic though. I'd love to get a new CB Yulebuck. Or a Soulpeace for breeding with Solstices, because that would look amazing.

So I should breed my dragon so that some people who were rude to me on the forum in the past get their prizes? Ts.

If I win, I will give my best to let nobody know.

If I get a PM, it will be ignored. And no, it will be not too much stress for me to handle the "I have a CB Prize and 1000 people are pm'ing me" situation.

I will only trade with 2nd-gen Prizekin for other 2nd-gen Prizekin so I can create my own little checkers.

Oooops.

Edited by Mondat

If I get an HM... I don't know what I'd do... having options, man, options.

I can't handle the options.

CB Alt Black, CB Holly, CB Soulpeace...

Don't even get me started on the five-digit codes for them... I'm so uncreative.

Oh man, I didn't think about the codes!

I wouldn't know what to ask for. Oh that would be tough.

'Cause if it weren't for the fact that I'd like to get an impossible CB for an HM prize (like hybrids or old holidays), I'd want a Crimson with the code "Clara." It'd be fantastic for my Doctor Who lineage.

So I should breed my dragon so that some people who were rude to me in the forums in the past get their prizes? Ts.

If I win, I will give my best to let nobody know.

If I get a PM, it will be ignored. And no, it will be not too much stress for me to handle the "I have a CB Prize and 1000 people are pm'ing me" situation.

I will only trade with 2nd-gen Prizekin for other 2nd-gen Prizekin so I can create my own little checkers.

Oooops.

But you're still breeding it, I said nothing about what they do with them or who they trade the 2Gs to.

I stated that it is selfish to not breed it. That is it.

Some people who have been very kind over the years would quietly be getting glomped.  That would be fun! <3

^This. I have a list of considerate players who have been kind and they would be top of the list for getting 2nd gens from my prize. After that I would be open to trading and gifting, and have some lineage projects in mind. There are seriously not enough even gen prizes. So many stairs blink.gif Maybe I would be fortunate enough to swap around for some of the CBs I can never seem to catch and expand my hoard of favorites.

I would also love to trade prizekin around and collect the set biggrin.gif That would be fabulous. I love commons. My dream would be to have terrae from everyone to breed into a big ol' even gen I've already started with alt sweets in the base.