Riverwillows

2014 Raffle/Prize Dragon

If I win, I won't ask for a single CB Metal.

It would be probably just hoarding 15-20 common or semi uncommon dragons, just like I did with my 3rd gen shimmer.

However I'd only take like, 5 persons per list. o.o

Okay okay so I'm wrong. People DO gift 2nd gens. I've just never seen them (remind me to search lottos). There are only 5 letters in the dragon codes right? So it's not technically possible to have the code "infertile" but "shiny" would be up for grabs? Does anyone have specific lineage plans in mind. I know many lineages for silver tinsel and shimmers but not that many for gold apart with vines and commons.

Now you've made me want the code "NoEgg" really badly. tongue.gif

Looking at the odds, lol, I'd say waaaaay too tiny a percentage of a chance to get any hopes up over it, but considering the way that lower-gens don't breed, I'd probably start by increasing the breeding pool.

Keep the first 2nd gen, and after that follow the lead of many others with alternate gifting and swapping with both, to try to build up, over time, enough 2nd/3rd gens that by the time everyone was sick of Shimmers, I'd always be able to breed at least one a month....

At current production rates, I'd need a million of them! xd.png

(And evidently need to live forever...)

Even if they actually produced well, I'd already have a humungaloid list of people I want to gift something NICE, darn it! because I already do.

But my nicer dragons don't wanna make babies...

So in that case, I'd have to grit my teeth and quit adding people onto private, insanely lengthy lists for someday gifting leading into the next century.

So, I suppose that not winning will help preserve my caps and molars for an old age I needn't worry about protracting forever, in order to complete another monster list, lol.

(My old lists vanished, along with other data, anyway, and I have NO idea who was on it, although nearly all of those dragons are hardly desirable anymore, anyway, lol, which will teach me not to do that again, I'd think.)

Well, I'm not too invested in the whole raffle business for it to be considered unhealthy, and I'll likely be focused on the upcoming university semester too much to feel devastated if I lose, but if I did win, I'd be pretty shocked! x3

With a prize dragon, to be honest I'd try to breed and gift very responsibly despite my urge to throw 2-4th gens everywhere - I wouldn't want the value of mine to fall so low so quickly that people wouldn't be happy with them as much anymore. Generally, seeing as I gift from my 3rd Gens. already, ( barely every using them in trades ) I would naturally choose gifting over trading.

With an HM, I'd have to decide between a CB Black Alt, a CB Hybrid, or a CB Gold. I'd only want the CB Gold to give it a code I'd really like to have for one.

If I win a prize, I'm gonna request the code 'Sburb' and only breed it twice a year for trades aside from breeding myself and a few close friends some 2nd gens. I'll be more sharing with 3rd gen offspring though.... will probably alternate trading and lottoing those. I don't want to make 2nd gens from mine all THAT common.

And I'll keep my PM folder full so I quit getting spammed. xd.png

I have a list of dragons I plan on breeding with it, too.

First thing I plan on breeding will be an Old Pink/Frill alternating staircase or spiral depending on which gender it ends up being. biggrin.gif Just to see what people make of it. Will they continue it, or try for a rainbow? Heh.

I doubt I'll win but there's always hope. ^^

Now you've made me want the code "NoEgg" really badly.  tongue.gif

I'll take that as a yes. Darn now I want that code along with prize, shiny, 12345, and 00000

Edited by Sarah864

I think it will be the Shimmers again

I know I don't have the smallest chance of winning. However if I did, I would see if I could have either a neglected or zombie dragon in leiu of a Shimmer, seeing as how I already got my shimmerscale and have no current desire for another one.

If I win, I can gift more than with a holly (lol 2 gifts in four years up until 2014 and one baby was occupied in a trade by my own n00b stupidity =.=).

If I won an HM (again), I'd probably go with a Hellhorse or holly or alt black.

Edited by DarkEternity

First thing I will do is apologize to Mike and Genna for breaking their eardrums because I would squeal like a 12 yr old fangirl.

After it grows up I will breed it with a stripe (I am crazy I know). I don't know if I would glomp gift, but I would definitely trade it for CB rare shiny things. I may also be nice and give some back to the departure and AP. I also would trade for other 2nd gen prizes.

If I got the chance to pick my gift CB Holly or a CB red stripe.

I am not one for lists or beggers either. I don't have the patience for them.

Good luck to everyone though!

First thing I will do is apologize to Mike and Genna for breaking their eardrums because I would squeal like a 12 yr old fangirl

Oh trust me you would.

Word of advice: don't do it too loudly because my parents were rather of the mind that I was too old to be playing with dragons and wanted to ban me from logging onto the site. (Or take away my computer)

Ah, Asian parents.

Anyway, back on topic, I'd probably take another Doctor Who code like Theta if I won the raffle which is not happening.

Edited by DarkEternity

It is a nice thing to wish, a CB prize would allow me to get all the eggs I'm missing, but I believe I'd first gift those nice people who have helped me so much in the past (the list is huge, so I'd better start).

That is in case I win, which the odds are highly unlikely, considering how few eggs are being given and how many people play this game.

First, I would hope that past winners would be excluded from winning this time.

Second, I'd Love to have shimmers again. I think that they are beautiful, especially the silvers.

Third, if I got to pic a code, I'd probably go with Loved or Peace.

Forth, if I got to have an HM, I'd like to have a CB Hellhorse, or CB Holly (if we couldn't ask for a CB tinsel)

You could make a PB Holly whoa

Or I could get through my gifting queue twice as fast. xP

That's still a waste when you can get something better out of it.

D:> But there are so many, many more CB Hollies than, say, CB Alts or hybrids that I most certainly don't think that getting one would be a 'waste.'

Yeah, I'd totally glomp gift the heck out of any 2ed gens if I won a Prize dragon.

"2ed gen for you! 2ed gen for you! Everyone gets a 2ed gen!"

Edited by Draco Knight

If I won I would get a Frill. Because Frills are awesome and I joined too late to get one. Or a Holly. But I already have a Holly so I'd probably get a Frill.

I don't think you're allowed to choose a discontinued dragon. O.o

TBH I'm undecided between CB Soulpeace and a Holly now that I've thought it over. I just really like the idea of having a viable Soulpeace/Solstice stair. So Cb Alt/Hybrid is a totally viable choice and also pretty rare.

And Evolette, Frills are on the allowed list, it's only Old Pinks you can't get anymore.

V We should have more of the old prizes made available AND new prizes, because more sprites is more better. But that's a discussion for the raffle improvement thread.

Edited by Guillotine

Unfortunately, I agree. Tinsels were released twice, so it would only make sense for the Shimmers to do the same.

Hopefully next year's prizes are nicer-looking.

The truth is, I don't think there should be any new prizes. Too much griping. I think the best answer may be to just give out more tinsels and shimmers (and yes both). Otherwise, the value on those will only go up as more and more winners quit playing.

TBH I'm undecided between CB Soulpeace and a Holly now that I've thought it over. I just really like the idea of having a viable Soulpeace/Solstice stair. So Cb Alt/Hybrid is a totally viable choice and also pretty rare.

And Evolette, Frills are on the allowed list, it's only Old Pinks you can't get anymore.

Solstice x Soulpeace. o.o You're a friggin' lineage genius! That would be so pretty. :3

Edited by Evolette

The truth is, I don't think there should be any new prizes. Too much griping. I think the best answer may be to just give out more tinsels and shimmers (and yes both). Otherwise, the value on those will only go up as more and more winners quit playing.

Yes I agree. I doubt it'll happen, though /:

Tbh I think a good way to prevent winners from quitting is to only allow people with gold-trophies (maaaaybe Silver, too) to win. Having that shows their dedication to the game, therefore they are less likely to quit. It seems that quite a few owners with lesser trophies quit and then never finish their lists they promised. I had this happen to me with Shimmer Luck's owner, and iirc, she only had a Bronze Trophy >_>

Yes I agree. I doubt it'll happen, though /:

Tbh I think a good way to prevent winners from quitting is to only allow people with gold-trophies (maaaaybe Silver, too) to win. Having that shows their dedication to the game, therefore they are less likely to quit. It seems that quite a few owners with lesser trophies quit and then never finish their lists they promised. I had this happen to me with Shimmer Luck's owner, and iirc, she only had a Bronze Trophy >_>

I'd hope silver, as thats what I have, and there is no way I am going anywhere... tongue.gif

Anyone picked and held their Prizes name yet, just in case they win? *hasnt done that or anything* >.>

That's still a waste when you can get something better out of it.

Like what? I would love a CB black alt female those things are so beautiful. X__X If I did get a CB black alt female I'd defiantly start try and find other CB black alt owners and try and do a lineage swap. x)

I mean I could do that or a CB Holly and just use it for tradefodder since I am only missing just one 2g holly pair, which I'll most likely be getting an IOU def before the next xmas event starts.

As for Frill I can't really get an offspring to be a frill so it'd be useless to me and I really do not like the sprite that much. =/

I do not see it as a waste because if you really like it, then go for it, don't go and just get a CB whatever just for tradefodder, you won't be very happy, IMO.

Anyone picked and held their Prizes name yet, just in case they win? *hasnt done that or anything* >.>

i already know what code i'm picking if i do win and i won't name it so i can see the code in lineages

i already know what code i'm picking if i do win and i won't name it so i can see the code in lineages

Oh, thats a smart idea! I think you just convinced me to do something similar. tongue.gif

I have a word code picked out and checked, I am so excited and nervous. I hope I at least get HM, that'd make me happy. I do know if I get a gold prize, Ima ask for silver instead. tongue.gif