Riverwillows

2014 Raffle/Prize Dragon

That's still a waste when you can get something better out of it.

Not really. Female Alt Blacks are awfully pretty. Personally, I'd get a CB Bluna. I don't see how it's a waste if I like the breed.

Not everyone wants to get something just to use the babies for tradefodder.

Edited by Erica8798

I have already planned everything I'm going to so with a CB prize: no way I'm going to win with my luck, but dreaming of having one costs nothing tongue.gif

First I'll keep the first offspring - to be able to produce 3rd gens - and trade the second one for a good number of CB metallics.

Then I'm going to gift some of the following 2nd gen ones to some special people and trade some others.

And I'll regularly have a sort of lottery to gift 3rd gens to random players without cb metallics and low gen prizes, so that they can have a chance to get them too.

That's still a waste when you can get something better out of it.

It obviously wasn't a waste to the people who got such a thing. CB Alts and Hybrids give you a unique Lineage opportunity. Hardly seems like a waste, if you ask me.

I have already planned everything I'm going to so with a CB prize: no way I'm going to win with my luck, but dreaming of having one costs nothing tongue.gif

First I'll keep the first offspring - to be able to produce 3rd gens - and trade the second one for a good number of CB metallics.

Then I'm going to gift some of the following 2nd gen ones to some special people and trade some others.

And I'll regularly have a sort of lottery to gift 3rd gens to random players without cb metallics and low gen prizes, so that they can have a chance to get them too.

I like the idea of having a lottery... I could charge 2 CB Grey hatchlings or 2 CB Moonstone hatchlings as a ticket price... (That way everyone has a chance, and I still get what I want) And have five spots, randomly pick. Once a month. That's be kinda cool, actually. smile.gif

It obviously wasn't a waste to the people who got such a thing. CB Alts and Hybrids give you a unique Lineage opportunity. Hardly seems like a waste, if you ask me.

Agreed. I'd totally choose a CB alt or hybrid if I won an HM prize. *dreams of a CB green or black Stripe* It's unlikely, though - I have horrible luck with raffles!

You can get a CB Alt Black or Vine.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/melon

Wow, none of her Black offspring has alted, what terrible luck.

Maybe the rarity of being a CB Alt Black used up all the alt luck, lol.

Edit: I have one of her grandbabies and it's so pretty, I'd love to have a CB Alt Black of my own to play with. xd.png

Edited by Tecca

Agreed. I'd totally choose a CB alt or hybrid if I won an HM prize. *dreams of a CB green or black Stripe*

Hah wow, what. I'd get a Green or Black Stripe too.... stop being similar to me.

I'd do random gifting of the 2nd gens. biggrin.gif

Edit: And maybe create a few pretty lineages! smile.gif

That'd be the funnest bit, randomly making someone's day with a 2nd gen prize dragon, and then breeding lineages with the mates of your liking.

Agreed. I'd totally choose a CB alt or hybrid if I won an HM prize. *dreams of a CB green or black Stripe* It's unlikely, though - I have horrible luck with raffles!

Ah but lucky elsewhere biggrin.gif

That'd be the funnest bit, randomly making someone's day with a 2nd gen prize dragon, and then breeding lineages with the mates of your liking.

Yes! I'd go to the birthday topic and glomp one to someone on their birthday. smile.gif

Hah wow, what. I'd get a Green or Black Stripe too.... stop being similar to me.

Great minds think alike? biggrin.gif

Mhm... Exactly. I just wanna gift and make people smile, ya know? smile.gif

Please don't belittle anyone's idea of what would be a prize or not. Everyone has different likes and wants, there is no such thing as a "waste" to someone. Your opinion is your own, and that's fine, but don't put down someone else's. Thank you.

Agreed.  I'd totally choose a CB alt or hybrid if I won an HM prize.  *dreams of a CB green or black Stripe*  It's unlikely, though - I have horrible luck with raffles!

You may have horrible raffle luck, but you catch AP stuff like no-ones business! laugh.gif

If I won, I'd probably go into hiding as well. No pms, no lists (except the one in my head of people to gift to that were generous to me or gift away lots of nice things). No idea for a code either. If HM, I'd probably go for the Holly.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Pffft. I never heard of people gifting 2nd gens. 4th gens yeah but anything lower? It's like a myth tongue.gif If I don't win I'll just stalk the AP for one like the person with the luckiest catch but that's just a hopeful last ditch attempt to win a raffle.

Mysfytt gifted 2nd gens of her shimmer to other artists and special friends. The only ones she put up for trades were 3rd gens.

Pffft. I never heard of people gifting 2nd gens. 4th gens yeah but anything lower? It's like a myth tongue.gif

I did it a fair bit. Along with lottos (but I don't do those anymore because of reasons. Don't ask about it.). And FFAs before Teleport was implemented. Pretty sure I've given away more than I've traded....

I'd totally choose a CB alt or hybrid if I won an HM prize.

Same here. Alt black or soulpeace, alt black or soulpeace, alt black or... why am I doing this? tongue.gif

You may have horrible raffle luck, but you catch AP stuff like no-ones business!  laugh.gif

Well I've always believed that you make your own luck to an extent, so it seems fitting! laugh.gif

Still, I'm taking much the same attitude that I did last year (and previous years) - I don't expect to win, but I'm watching with cheerful interest to see what shinies show up this time. smile.gif

@Sarah864: I've gifted 2nd and 3rd gen Shimmers. And higher gens, obviously.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I think the lowest gen I was gifted was a 7th gen tongue.gif and then I managed to breed some checkers for two or three 5th gens, and two 4th gens I got lucky to get. that's as low as I've gotten =P

Hmm... I'm really torn on what i'd choose for a HM prize xd.png so best not worry about that unless I find myself super lucky

Edited by Sirithiliel

Pffft. I never heard of people gifting 2nd gens. 4th gens yeah but anything lower? It's like a myth tongue.gif If I don't win I'll just stalk the AP for one like the person with the luckiest catch but that's just a hopeful last ditch attempt to win a raffle.

Isomanic gifted the first few eggs of his prize dragon. There was someone lotto'ing their every egg in the dc lotto thingy too

Okay okay so I'm wrong. People DO gift 2nd gens. I've just never seen them (remind me to search lottos). There are only 5 letters in the dragon codes right? So it's not technically possible to have the code "infertile" but "shiny" would be up for grabs? Does anyone have specific lineage plans in mind. I know many lineages for silver tinsel and shimmers but not that many for gold apart with vines and commons.