Riverwillows

2014 Raffle/Prize Dragon

I'm actually really hoping it's shimmers again this year so I don't have to rush to collect another dragon lD

And of course I'd hope to win, but I kinda doubt it xd.png

Any ideas on when we'll find out who won? I can't remember from years past.

If I remember correctly, last year the winners were picked out about a week after the winter event ended.

If I remember correctly, last year the winners were picked out about a week after the winter event ended.

My money's on tonight/tomorrow, or at least sometime in the next few days. But no one really knows. smile.gif

I'd say probably this weekend just because. biggrin.gif

Bet you're right, especially because speculation is that the Release we didn't have on the first of the month could possibly be this week-end, so one would expect that more people would be likely to check in.

It will be when we least expect it. *dun dun DUN* biggrin.gif

The 3rd of October 1831? ohmy.gif I *KNEW* it!

But because you mentioned it, it won't happen Amazon. sad.gif Now we will never know!

It'll probably be some time this week or the next. I doubt TJ will delay longer than that.

But because you mentioned it, it won't happen Amazon. sad.gif Now we will never know!

It'll probably be some time this week or the next. I doubt TJ will delay longer than that.

Eeek! *hides*

The waiting is KILLING me! I know the odds are very, very small - but I always hold out hope every year. I've been checking my inbox religiously, and usually I'm awful about checking mail at all xd.png

I wouldn't mind it being Shimmers again. As for the extremely slim chance that I'll win something... For HM I'd probably get a Frill since it's one sprite that I missed out on entirely. And for a prize I'd have a code picked out, but I don't really know yet how I'd handle breeding/giving out offspring. Some would be kept for myself, some would be gifted to people I know personally. As for the rest, I like the idea of glomp gifting. Maybe do some 2nd gen prize swaps.

Hopefully we'll find out soon. biggrin.gif

I know I'm not going to win anything, the chance is far too small. But this waiting... Its worse that anything. tongue.gif

I'm an impatient person by nature. So this is driving me up a wall. I am literally being obsessive about checking here and emails. *facepalm* Its like, I just need to know. Hope is a very powerful thing... tongue.gif

Shimmers again would be nice..

Lol, my Outlook inbox often gets flooded by pages of appeals, petitions and things, so if I'm tired, I often don't bother looking at most of them.

When I do look at the 1st page, I often select DC notifications en masse to remove them, and I'd hope the notification for something like that would be different in appearance from the usual, as I expect I'm not the only one doing this.

I know I'm not going to win anything, the chance is far too small. But this waiting... Its worse that anything. tongue.gif

I'm an impatient person by nature. So this is driving me up a wall. I am literally being obsessive about checking here and emails. *facepalm* Its like, I just need to know. Hope is a very powerful thing... tongue.gif

Shimmers again would be nice..

Yes! Yes it is! My emails usually build up but I've been clearing them out and checking all emails for a week now in the slight hope that I'd win lol.

I don't know what to expect this year, I just want the waiting to be over so I don't keep obsessing lol!

Before reading this thread I wasn't thinking too much about the raffle; I'm not very lucky. But now I'm checking my inbox more often and I'm thinking about codes... It's driving me nuts laugh.gif

One of the codes I'm thinking about is "Tonks" (I would love it even if the dragon finally grows up as a male).

Edited by Monana

I never bothered too much about the raffle, as it was always like "I am not going to win anyway, so keep calm". But this year I can't help myself. I have a couple of pretty codes I like, but I don't know which of them I would really choose. I'd be sooo happy even if it is an HM (or maybe even happier with that than with an actual prize dragon), as I'd love to have a CB Soulpeace, or UV or maybe a Hellhorse.

And if a friend of mine wins, who doesn't care too much about DC and lineages and rare dragons, I guess I would "force" him to let me choose the code and then give the egg to me.

Who was it that wanted to grow a dragon up with zero clicks but wasn't sure if it was possible? It was in the first few pages I think.

Well tell that to my Dorsal Dragon "Mystical Hunter of the Dark CB" lol.

Stats;

Name: Mystical Hunter of the Dark CB

Egg Stolen on: May 16, 2012

Hatched on: May 19, 2012

Grew up on: May 22, 2012

Overall Views: 2175

Unique Views: 637

Clicks: 0

Who was it that wanted to grow a dragon up with zero clicks but wasn't sure if it was possible? It was in the first few pages I think.

Stats;

I think they meant it's hard for a shimmer to not get any clicks at least this month, since everyone's curious about checking out the winners and will probably click shimmers in the fansites

Stats;

Dragons can *definitely* grow up just fine with 0 clicks. There's a few people about that make collections of such dragons. But a prize dragon, especially a NEW prize dragon, is a total click magnet, and most of them have clicks numbering in the 100s, if not 1000s. It'd be almost impossible to grow one without somebody clicking it.

being Jan 8, should I stop checking my mailbox with my breath held?

I'm thinking I should assume by now I haven't won sad.gif

There's been no News post from TJ, so I don't think anyone's won (or lost!) yet...

TJ will announce when he sends the e-mails, don't worry

If by miracle I won a prize dragon, I'd gift the first 12. Send a few to the ap, send some to the departure thread, and then visit the regular dragon trading thread and offer with my 2g prize.

I also have 2 amazing members in mind that helped me out a lot to help reach my scroll goals that I would gift to.

After that I'd try and keep reaching my scroll goals, like finally getting CB Green Coppers and 2g offsprings from Spriter Alts since pretty lineages with Spriter Alts seem to attract me the most lately.

Once I meet that, then I'd probably go back to gifting and swapping 2g prize dragons.

I refuse to keep any lists, so that any egg that I get won't have a specific place to go and I can do anything that I want with it depending on my mood.

As for HM, I'd get a CB Holly. They're becoming more common in general yeah, but definitely not caveborn ones.

Edited by Minkee