Riverwillows

2014 Raffle/Prize Dragon

Dangit, Saynna. I thought we had something special! I wake up to this. laugh.gif And pfft - http://dragcave.net/lineage/lAm42

You picked some nice codes. smile.gif

Oh we do, but not as special as you would have liked! D:

Pfft, it's trying to say Lame 42. Dragons are illiterate you know. u3u

Thanks, I try. -blush-

If I won,which I probably won't,I'd breed my prize with a CB balloon.And if I get a CB nebula,I'd breed it with that.

I'd probably have a 3-spot prize list and a 7-spot fails list.

And instead of trading for stuff like metals,I'd trade for stuff like nebula x balloon lineages.

Can't ask for a 2nd gen. if the rules originally outlined by TJ are still in effect.

Oh. That's a shame....

*rethinks*

*realises she won't win anyway*

Oh. That's a shame....

*rethinks*

Aw. D: Don't sound so sad, we all have a 0.0001% chance of winning anyway. biggrin.gif (No, I didn't calculate anything xd.png)

Eh, I really don't care what they'll look like as I'm sure they'll be beautiful but I yearn to have one just one rare dragon that no one else has. But, like 99% of the rest of the DC members our chances are probably slim and none. I've never been lucky and haven't even seen one of them go to at least someone I know to have a chance to trade for a second gen out of them. It's a lovely idea each year but I wish there were a little bit more (numbers wise) of them since the DC members are so high). I've forgotten how many were given out last year? Was it fifty or less?

I would dance around the room in happiness if I won anything, that's what I'd do biggrin.gif

About the rest - I've no idea. I know I would announce my win, but beyond that, I really don't know.

Eh, I really don't care what they'll look like as I'm sure they'll be beautiful but I yearn to have one just one rare dragon that no one else has. But, like 99% of the rest of the DC members our chances are probably slim and none. I've never been lucky and haven't even seen one of them go to at least someone I know to have a chance to trade for a second gen out of them. It's a lovely idea each year but I wish there were a little bit more (numbers wise) of them since the DC members are so high). I've forgotten how many were given out last year? Was it fifty or less?

I may be wrong, but I think 60.. o 3 o

10 gold, 20 silver and 30 bronze

Oh and HM's o u o

Edit: There were 40 HM's. Thank you Evolette. C:

Edited by Dragon_cave

I may be wrong, but I think 60.. o 3 o

10 gold, 20 silver and 30 bronze

Oh and HM's o u o

Last year, there were 40 honorable mentions. In total, there were 100 winners. biggrin.gif

I don't think you can request "dress-up" versions of sprites.

That's really a pity, I'd love to have either a Tiger-Stripe or a complete black Stripe with green eyes or a white Stripe with lion mane tongue.gif

Other than that, I think I'd take a CB Black Alt as HM.

In the very unprobable case of me winning I'd breed 2nd gens only for me and my friends and then maybe abandon some...

Oh. That's a shame....

*rethinks*

ooof, I know what you mean! My daydreaming usually stops cold when I realize how improbable it is! :-p

I'm pretty sure all my DC luck is used up already, but IF I won...

I wouldn't announce it to the world, but I wouldn't hide it either.

It would choose the code Rhynn. Because having a dragon coded after myself would be awesome.

If it's a silver shimmer I'd influence it male and name it CB Salazar Veda. If it's anything else (prize or HM) it'd be influenced female and named CB Rhynn Veda.

If I got an HM, I would probably be boring and choose a CB Holly, or if I feel like it at that moment a CB female frill. Maybe.

If I got a prize dragon... the very first offspring I would keep myself, for trading and gifting purposes.

The second egg would go to my best friend. The third would be gifted to the person who gave me the 2nd gen shimmer I have, and the fourth egg to someone who has helped me a lot without ever asking anything in return.

Then I'd trade and/or gift the next five eggs.

After that, I'd gift some eggs to people of my own forum.

And anything after that... gifting, trading, APing, lottoing... at that point I might start a list, but never more than three people on it to keep it manageable.

I think it will not be a Shimmer. My reasoning for this is that 30 tinsels were given each year, adding up to 60, but 60 shimmers were given at once. I think this means that they gave out all the CB shimmers they planned to.

If I got HM, I would probably ask for a GON or Golden Wyvern. Or maybe a Copper alt I don't have yet. Scratch that. A cheese. Definitely.

Edited by deathsnake951

TJ upped the amount of Shimmer prizes because there were complaints about the amount before that (if I have understood that correctly).

So, I think he'll go for Shimmers again. Especially since he didn't say we'd get an all-new-breed dragon, like he did previous year: Winners of the raffle will receive an all-new, never-before-released prize dragon (from the announcement December 18th, 2012)

Edited by Sheriziya

I think it will not be a Shimmer. My reasoning for this is that 30 tinsels were given each year, adding up to 60, but 60 shimmers were given at once. I think this means that they gave out all the CB shimmers they planned to.

If I got HM, I would probably ask for a GON or Golden Wyvern. Or maybe a Copper alt I don't have yet. Scratch that. A cheese. Definitely.

If you get an HM, let me pick an egg you give to me, and I'll give you every single cheese I ever find in the cave. I don't like unbreedables, but seem to catch them all the time - usually I just give them to others.

Even if there are 100,000 players that reached level 25, and 50 prizes, the odds for winning one of the prizes is about one in 2000, and so MUCH better odds than winning a Mega-Millions, or something like that!  lol

This is a very heartening post! LOL.

I know what code I would really, really want...but I feel compelled to keep it secret! It's free, along with the two backup codes I checked. *looks left...right...left...* dry.gif

If I got an HM, I think I'd go for a female Alt Black or a female Bluna. I love them both so much! Plus, it'd be really neat/exciting when any of their offspring alt-ed to match. (Although if we were allowed Halloween dragons, I would be sorely tempted by a male Black Marrow.)

I don't think I'd want to keep any lists -- too much pressure! Really, I'd probably be *dis*inclined to give offspring to anyone who emailed me about it in the first couple of months. I'd want to just gift...at my leisure. Or trade...when I felt like it. I wouldn't trade for extremely crazy stuff, either, so people with normal collections would stand a chance of trading. I would definitely want to gift the first few offspring to people who've been super helpful and kind to me on the forum, and who I know would go on to gift further offspring.

I would also probably dance around and make a lot of noise and not be able to explain myself to anyone I know in real life. :-p

Edited by Kelkelen

If I won a prize dragon I think I'd keep all the 2nd gens to myself and only trade/gift 3rd gen dragons, as I like spirals I could insure that all lineages would have to twist to look pretty. I have a code in mind for it and it is available biggrin.gif

If I got an HM would be torn between practical wish of Holly for the trading of 2nd gens or the real dream of a CB Red Stripe.

For HM I really wish that I could get a CB old Pink....but since I cant I think Id go Holly as I figure.I can parlay its offspring into the CB metals Im missing

psst... does any one know what the full rules involving HMs are?

No CB old Pinks...

That's about the extent that I got so er... help? >>

I'm pretty sure you can't ask for Spriter Alts, Old Pinks, and Prizes. biggrin.gif

psst... does any one know what the full rules involving HMs are?

No CB old Pinks...

That's about the extent that I got so er... help? >>

Honorable Mention winners are allowed to request an egg of their choice.

Honorable Mention winners can ask for: Any egg currently available in the cave (or via breeding), frills, Guardians of Nature, Holiday Dragons (Including Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, but not Valentines, Sweetlings, or Black Marrows), and vampires.

Honorable Mention winners can not ask for: Prize dragons, bright pinks, "XD" or "<3" eggs, non-Christmas Event Dragons (Except vampires), dragons for which you are already at the limit, Neglected eggs, or Zombies (they don't have eggs to begin with).

First, second, and third place winners may choose to request an egg instead of a prize dragon (same choices as honorable mentions). If this happens, a random winner from the rank below will be chosen to receive the prize in their place.

Custom dragon codes are available upon request.

All eggs given to winners/honorable mentions will "CB" and will be safeguarded against sickness.

I don't win these kinds of things...but if by some snow ball chance in hell I did....

I wouldn't tell anyone. Any 2gs I breed would be either APed or glomp gifted (with the receiver asked to keep whom they got it from to themselves.) At least initially.

Once the 'rush' dies down, I may see about trading for things I need.

I'd just like to make the point that lotteries typically have VERY low odds of winning, while raffles tend to have very high odds of winning, so that comparisons between lotteries and raffles are sort of like comparing solid golden apples to regular oranges, lol.

I'd just like to make the point that lotteries typically have VERY low odds of winning, while raffles tend to have very high odds of winning, so that comparisons between lotteries and raffles are sort of like comparing solid golden apples to regular oranges, lol.

So this 'raffle' is more like a lottery? tongue.gif

I'm nervous/excited and this waiting is driving me up the wall. I know I won't win, but... Oh, I can hope, can't I?

I want a silver prize so badly.. I will be asking for Silver if I get gold. If, ya know, that happens. tongue.gif

I'd get a CB female holly to match my male one. The offspring from that would be a spectacle to behold.

Hm? A cb holly most likely. A prize? I have no idea how people keep track of the crazy lists. I had enough trouble recently getting pairs to produce for trades. Pairs that in the past constantly gave me good eggs once a week. Trade when I have something in hand and gift when I see the need.

I also don't think people have to breed or gift if they don't want to. Its theirs to do with what they want.