diaveborn

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion

I just found out that I missed the June release and was so relieved to find out in the Wiki they were breedable ones XD

so my first new dragons are now in the hatchery^^ What I've seen so far they are beautiful, especially the Risen-/Setsong ones :wub:

Okay, so I missed the release for the new dragons. As I am understanding it, they are breedables an hybrids, not drops.

But I am quite unable to figure out what they are hybrids of. Could someone PLEASE~! possibly point me in the right direction? -makes cute pouty face and batts eye lashes-

1 minute ago, Lady-Emrys said:

Okay, so I missed the release for the new dragons. As I am understanding it, they are breedables an hybrids, not drops.

But I am quite unable to figure out what they are hybrids of. Could someone PLEASE~! possibly point me in the right direction? -makes cute pouty face and batts eye lashes-

nilia pygmy x crimson flare pygmy gives dusk pygmy. sunsong x sunrise gives risensong. sunsong x sunset gives setsong

6 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

nilia pygmy x crimson flare pygmy gives dusk pygmy. sunsong x sunrise gives risensong. sunsong x sunset gives setsong

OH~!!

Thank you so very very much~!

-wiggles and giggles- I love breedable hybrids~!

Has um, has anyone tried killing and reviving a Baikala yet? I'm excited for a new zombie (even if the amount we already had was kinda impossible) but I don't want to uh... be the first one to take the plunge. Maybe I'll fog kill a hatchling and give it a shot.

I suspect most would be waiting until the 31st to do the revival/zombiefying thing.

Yeah, which is fair enough. Honestly my biggest fear is the new zombies haven't even been coded in yet/drawn and we'll all get an actual zombie announcement after I'd gone and tried a bunch of times already, lol. But the idea that they're already in there and I might be one of the first to get one is very exciting.

I just noticed that the green Baikalas have a link to their encyclopedia page, but the blue ones don't. Is that a mistake?

On a slightly related note, I just picked up an AP egg (which always appears in the second slot on my scroll) and now it looks as if my Baikalas are playing with a ball. XD

baikala.png

18 minutes ago, dustpuppy said:

I just noticed that the green Baikalas have a link to their encyclopedia page, but the blue ones don't. Is that a mistake?

Have you completed the encyclopedia entry? Blues have a link to their page like normal for me.

Just now, Dew said:

Have you completed the encyclopedia entry? Blues have a link to their page like normal for me.

Oooh silly me, that must be it! I didn't know it made a difference since it's the same page. Thanks!

Do you think baikala are like dorsals and ridgewings? Two possible variants, one harder to find than the other? They all seem to drop in the same habitats.

3 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Do you think baikala are like dorsals and ridgewings? Two possible variants, one harder to find than the other? They all seem to drop in the same habitats.

People said that during early catching, but I've only gotten blues from the coast and greens from the forest/jungle. Do people have links to show they've gotten green coasts and blue forest/jungles? Especially after the first day? o.o

The Carina update mentioned in the release thread has gone live, so I figured this would be an appropriate place to mention it. Changes include:

• Slightly reduced wing flame size to hopefully make the wing-to-flame ratio feel a tad more balanced
  • Slightly dimmed highlights on the adults' fire to lower contrast and thus decrease business a touch
  • Reduced "embers" in wing fire, especially on female, to further reduce business

Hopefully, the updates help address the feedback from the release thread, at least to an extent.

In addition, their encyclopedia entry has also gone live (hence why there was no breed information posted in the release thread), so be sure to check that out for more info on the breed!

Edited by PieMaster

I loooove that the adult's wings now show more of the green or purple Nebula colors, that was one of the things I was disappointed about originally, that those colors were confined to such a small area. There seem to be many subtle changes too and I'm really, really grateful that you spriters listened to the criticism and actually took action. Thank you!

Thank you for taking on board the feedback and adjusting them! The new sprites are even more gorgeous than the old ones. :D 

The new purple dragons. I cannot tell if they have gold spines on their wings or gold stripes on their bodies. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Charity322 said:

The new purple dragons. I cannot tell if they have gold spines on their wings or gold stripes on their bodies. What do you think?

They seem to have rib-like, scaly forms covering the sides; upon zooming in you'll notice that they are shaded differently than the purple skin around them. Think this:

250px-229Houndoom.png

Great. The news thread was closed while I was typing my post. So I'll paste it in here, most of it concerns the new sprite, anyway. ;)

I'm not sure I mentioned it explicitly already, so I'll do it now, just to be sure:

Thank you, TJ, a gazillion times, for opening the Halloween biome and giving us the chance to get CBs of the breeds that we missed because they came out before we joined !!

Now I finally can start lineages with my beloved Shadow Walkers without getting in a desperate trading frenzy each year ! (I'm sure I'll still trade, but the pressure is considerably lessened.)

(And many thanks again to the people who gifted me 2nd gens in the years past, I won't forget your generosity !)

As for the new Halloween dragon:

The sprite is very dynamic, and very busy. It's really hard to see where's what, what's what, and how it is actually moving. You can only pin it down by squinting at it long and hard, and that's not really easy. (Many thanks to the person who made that pictures with the red circle around their heads, I think I'd never have made them out without that !) But it makes sense in itself, and the parts, despite looking like they don't come together at first glance, do, infact, fit into a very neat final picture.

I have to say: Many of these things have been pointed out as flaws. But when considering that this is supposed to be a dragon inspired by Lovecraft and things like that - they are not bugs, they are features. Almost all the things that have been criticised, even the wording of the complaints, can be found in the description of lovecraftian monstrosities: "Their form is so confusing, it hurts the eyes." "I can't make out what part of that being is what." "Where the hell are their heads ?!" "Their silhouette is unrecognizable !"

Sure, that's not the aim when creating the typical DC dragon. (Thank god !) But within the concept of this special Halloween, all the things that are "wrong" are exactly right !

... That's why I never developed any kind of taste for Lovecraft and Co. ...

So - not my kind of dragon. But a real masterpiece by birdz and Process in picturing the "undescribable" and capturing the "intangible" ! (And all that done without even using a single tentacle ! :lol:)

Are Omens predisposed to being female over male? I see more of the females in the trade threads, asking for males, myself being one of those people. (This is a joke, btw XD)

50 minutes ago, SheridanCharon said:

Are Omens predisposed to being female over male? I see more of the females in the trade threads, asking for males, myself being one of those people. (This is a joke, btw XD)

LOL. Anyway, most of mine seem to be male (those that have been uninfluenced).

1 hour ago, SheridanCharon said:

It's also possible that more people are doing checkers with male Omens, so males are in higher demand than females.

13 hours ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

Great. The news thread was closed while I was typing my post. So I'll paste it in here, most of it concerns the new sprite, anyway. ;)

I'm not sure I mentioned it explicitly already, so I'll do it now, just to be sure:

Thank you, TJ, a gazillion times, for opening the Halloween biome and giving us the chance to get CBs of the breeds that we missed because they came out before we joined !!

Now I finally can start lineages with my beloved Shadow Walkers without getting in a desperate trading frenzy each year ! (I'm sure I'll still trade, but the pressure is considerably lessened.)

(And many thanks again to the people who gifted me 2nd gens in the years past, I won't forget your generosity !)

As for the new Halloween dragon:

The sprite is very dynamic, and very busy. It's really hard to see where's what, what's what, and how it is actually moving. You can only pin it down by squinting at it long and hard, and that's not really easy. (Many thanks to the person who made that pictures with the red circle around their heads, I think I'd never have made them out without that !) But it makes sense in itself, and the parts, despite looking like they don't come together at first glance, do, infact, fit into a very neat final picture.

I have to say: Many of these things have been pointed out as flaws. But when considering that this is supposed to be a dragon inspired by Lovecraft and things like that - they are not bugs, they are features. Almost all the things that have been criticised, even the wording of the complaints, can be found in the description of lovecraftian monstrosities: "Their form is so confusing, it hurts the eyes." "I can't make out what part of that being is what." "Where the hell are their heads ?!" "Their silhouette is unrecognizable !"

Sure, that's not the aim when creating the typical DC dragon. (Thank god !) But within the concept of this special Halloween, all the things that are "wrong" are exactly right !

... That's why I never developed any kind of taste for Lovecraft and Co. ...

So - not my kind of dragon. But a real masterpiece by birdz and Process in picturing the "undescribable" and capturing the "intangible" ! (And all that done without even using a single tentacle ! :lol:)

That's a cool way of looking at it, haha. TJ DID code them after that theory... :P Personally I adore the design, but at the same time it is rather a lot for a small sprite (and, alas, this effect is amplified in lineage view by a lot... they don't look like dragons in those small squares :'c). That's why I'm really hoping Process or Birdz post concept art soon; these guys might not be my favorite sprites, but MMMM, I bet some full size art of them is gonna look hella delicious! *w* 

@SheridanCharon of the 6 extras I traded for, 5 went male. So... mileage will vary. XD 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy