Lemniscate

The Secret of the Stone

Zeditha smiled. "Thanks for choosing me," she said to Aria. "I'm Zeditha. I have two votes for me to be leader. I think we should vote separately for each position, starting with the most important. That is, of course, leader." I hope someone else gets at least one vote for leader, thought Zeditha, worriedly. I don't want to look like a jerk... She sat down, trying to look unthreatening.

Kira finally shook herself out of shock. "Well, I'm Kira, and it's nice to meet you all as well. I like the last idea of many positions, and since Zeditha seems to know her stuff, I vote for her as a leader." Kiara smiled at Zeditha. "Although we'll have to figure out how to do the other things... Like hunting and fighting."

Zeditha tapped one claw nervously on the moss. "I can teach you all to hunt," she said. "I've dreamt of being this dragon a lot, and I've hunted before. But fighting, I think everyone will have their own technique. I've never met another dragon in my dragon dreams," she smiled briefly at her alitteration, "And so there's been no reason for me to learn to fight... It's probably best if we spar against each other. If I end up as leader... which it seems as though I'm going to... I'll set up training. Fighting, hunting, and agility. Agility wil be, basically, learning how to use our dragon bodies, including flying." She looked around at the others. "I'd probably make a good polititian," she muttered, annoyed. She wasn't meant to be trying to be leader! It was too much! But... who else was better? She sighed softly, and accepted her fate. At least being a dragon wasn't a problem.

user posted image

Lotus walked through the forest, on her usual route to a patch of fruit trees. She hasn't eaten in a few days, so she was moving quickly. She was almost there, when she heard voices. Immediately, her scales tensed up, and she froze. They were adult voices. The voices of adults who were at least 3x her size, maybe more depending on the species. The voices were close. She jumped into a small tree, in an attempt to see who it was. Lotus still couldn't see, so she grabbed onto a branch from a taller tree, and pulled herself up. Now she could clearly see just who was talking. It was a group of about 10 dragons, all of different species. Lotus had never seen anything like it. There was a hellfire wyvern, a gaucus drake, a neotropical, and a few others she had never seen. They were all wearing something around their neck. Every one of them. Immediately, she wanted one of her own. She grabbed a strip of moss from the branch she was sitting on, and draped it around her shoulders. It looked nothing like what the other dragons were wearing, but she was proud of herself nonetheless. She contemplated showing them her moss-cape-necklace, but held back. She knew many of these dragons could be aggressive. She sat back down and continued watching them for a while. Maybe she would show them later.

Edited by skiddajane

user posted image

Zeditha saw movement out of the corner of her eye, and turned her head to see. She spotted a smaller dragon - but she wasn't wearing a necklace. Wait a second... she almost chuckled. The dragon had taken a bit of moss and draped it around her neck, imitating their necklaces. It was sort of cute, but it seemed that it wasn't summoned here by the necklaces. "I think," she said slowly, moving her gaze back to the group, "That we have wild dragons here, too..." Her tail flicked, almost idly, in the direction of the small dragon in the tree.

user posted image

Being a young hatchling with a short attention span, Lotus quickly got tired of watching these unusual dragons. She pulled her moss cape tighter in preparation for her jump out of the tree. She climbed down to the lowest branch she could reach. Lotus didn't climb trees very often, so she took her time trying to adjust herself so she would land on her feet. After a few seconds, she jumped. She didn't have very far to go, but she still managed to make her leap as ungraceful as dragonly possible. She landed on all four of her feet, but then lost her balance and fell over sideways. Oh..Ow.. Lotus got up again, looked around, and scampered off into the forest, moss cape and all. She still needed to reach the fruit trees at the other edge of the clearing. Rather than going straight through into the middle of all the dragons, she decided to go around. Lotus stayed in the forest, but was close enough to keep an eye out, should one of them want to make a meal of her. She was completely unaware that her bright white scales stood out against the dark green of the forest like a sore thumb.

user posted image

Kira turned her head to look up into the tree in time to watch the hatchling jump out of it. She was going to move to help the hatchling, but she scampered off and around the clearing. Kira watched her progress with a chuckle. She seemed to think she was unseen, but her white scales meant she stood out clearly. She noticed no necklace on the hatchling. "I think you're right, Zeditha. Do we speak the same language as her...? I'm assuming we do..." She came a bit closer to the hatchling, although not too close. "Little hatchling?" she asked gently. "Where are your parents? They must be worried about you..." For some reason, Kira felt a pang saying that, although she wasn't sure why.

user posted image

Lotus could just see an apple tree in the distance, when a voice called out to her. Her first reaction was to freeze. She stared wide-eyed at the one who spoke. It was an adult Golden Wyvern. She had run into one of those before, and had hoped she would never meet one again. But this dragon seemed different than the one she encountered a few years ago. She spoke to Lotus in a soft, friendly tone. It might have been this that kept her from running away. Whatever the reason, lotus stayed where she was. She continued to stare at the Wyvern. She had asked about her parents. "Parents? I don't think I have any of those.." she stammered. I don't remember ever having parents.. Well, maybe when I was a bitty baby, but not for a long time now... She answered the dragon with as much respect as she knew how- honestly. If any dragon actually spoke to her, Lotus made sure that she would always be honest and respectful. She wasn't sure exactly where she learned this behavior, but assumed it was probably from her long ago "parents."

user posted image

After listening to Zeditha, Caroline said "Do we all agree on Zeditha being the leader? If so, we should vote on the other positions. Best to get this organized and out of the way." Hearing Zeditha's next sentence, she looked around in an attempt to find the dragon. She couldn't see it anywhere. "Where is it? I don't see it anywhere." Caroline couldn't find the dragon because she assumed the place where the dragon actually was was a bunch of white flowers. Looking around closely this time, she finally spotted the hatchling. "Oh! There it is! I see it now." She said. Bounding over to the spot where the hatchling was, she asked "What's your name?" Noticing the moss cape, she then said "Nice cape. It's very stylish."

Edited by Silverphoenixx

user posted image

Lotus couldn't help but become even more frightened by the presence of this second dragon. Sure this glaucus drake was a lot smaller than the wyvern, but she was still older than Lotus. Lotus had never had a lot of interaction with other creatures. She backed up a few feet, and curled up in a little ball at the base of a tree. Feeling a little more secure, she was ready to answer the other dragons question. "I...My name is lotus... And thanks.." she peeped quietly.

Edited by skiddajane

((She's actually not an adult, I put the adult for everything because I forgot. Well, the Glaucus Drake is small anyway, so I guess it balances. Me and my memory. >.<))

user posted image

Kira frowned. The hatchling had no parents? She felt empathy, although she wasn't sure why. "Lotus... do you fend for yourself?" she asked softly. "Because if so, perhaps someone here will take care of you... I'm pretty sure we're all nice here, from what I've seen. Lotus is a pretty name. I'm Kira." She smiled at Lotus. "That is a nice moss cape. Looks a bit like our necklaces, in fact." She noticed that the hatchling looked a bit frightened and backed away somewhat, to give her space.

(I believe Golden Wyverns walk on all fours like so?

user posted image

Or is that just when they are sitting?)

((Umm...Now that that I think of it, I don't know. I would say that they can balance on two legs, but prefer using four to walk. It looks like it's possible for them to stand up, but they would have to have an awkward posture to keep from falling over.))

user posted image

Lotus pondered over what the dragon called Kira had said. Take care of me? I wonder what that could mean. She thought. She slowly uncurled from her little ball until she was sitting on her hind legs, facing the two dragons. "I think that's what it's called. Fending. Yes, I think I fend for myself. I walk to these fruit trees every day, then walk back to my home a few miles that way." She pointed to the direction in which she came. "I live in a little cave. I made it real soft with moss! I like moss. She grinned, feeling slightly more comfortable around these dragons.

((You know, since a lot of people haven't been posting, voting on the rest of the leadership positions may not be the best way to continue. It's good that there's a leader, but we could probably see how this plays out, and unspokenly elect dragons for other positions depending on how everyone interacts, and what everyone's personality is. That's my idea, at least. smile.gif ))

((That is a problem. I'm making it that only the characters who are listed as active need to vote. It's slightly unrealistic, but can't help that fact. We've already elected, so we can't suddenly stop. Otherwise, I would try that. smile.gif ))

(I will wait till the others post, since there's not much I can think of to say. skiddajane, do you want Lotus to join the group?)

((Yeah I think she should. She could be, in a way, their guide. Since she is a wild dragon, she knows her way around the forest and what to eat and if things are hostile and whatnot. Just kind of there for advice-even though she is a hatchling))

((Sorry I've been so inactive lately, everyone...))

user posted image

Zeditha dipped her head, embarrassed. "Okay, so I guess I'm leader now. Let's vote for deputy next - my vote goes on... Sorry, I don't know your name." She tapped her tail briefly on a dragon.

((Someone was meant to be deputy, but I can't remember who it was. It was so that plot posts could be used to better advantage, and the story steered. If it was you, please just make it be your dragon who was tapped. xd.png))

((It was me xd.png. You can edit your post if you want, but if not, I'll post. I'm really full right now so I'm just sitting here and feeling like a blob. Food makes me unable to post.))

((Neh, I'll leave it. I don't remember your dragon's name or looks anyway (and I'm too lazy to go find it), so I'll let you post. xd.png))

<OOC: All I can say is that I hope this doesn't die - I just joined! xd.png >

user posted image

Sunshy Gold darted from branch to branch, hiding himself within the green leaves of the forest trees. Even though his golden colour fitted in nicely with the green canopy, he didn't want to take any chances, especially with his wings, which were currently folded up against his back. Pretending to be a mango didn't work all the time and if light glanced off his wings, it could give off his position to his prey - which, unsurprisingly, was a songbird. He hadn't found any dead leftovers from any other dragon recently and he'd been rejected by the last clan he'd try to join (partially because of his size and partially because of his wings) so songbirds had been a main part of his diet for the last few months. They'd been proven hard to catch but with his mirror-like wings, he'd been able to manage. Besides, he liked the challenge.

Slowly and quietly, he inched his way closer to the songbird, which was cleaning itself. He couldn't stun it from behind and there wasn't enough light as the thick canopy was blocking 99% of the sun's rays, anyway, but hey, he was born with claws for a reason. Unsheathing the sharp, tiny knives within his paws, he crept forward for the kill. He got ready to jump and...

He stepped onto a small twig that he hadn't noticed before and cracked it, a split second before he jumped, which, of course, startled the songbird, causing it to spread its wings and fly off.

"Oh no, you don't!" he snarled, spreading out his own pair of wings, flying after it. However, the songbird flew fast ahead of it and it soon flew upwards towards the open sky. Sunshy slowed down to a stop, watching as it flew far away. "Today's your lucky day, birdie," thought Sunshy, feeling a little grumpy. He could have still chased after it and possibly caught it, he knew, but he wasn't really all that hungry and one measly songbird wasn't worth his time or energy. Still in the air, he turned around to return to the forest but to his surprise, he was actually above a clearing that had a group of dragons within it - and what a strange group of dragons! They were all different from one another, not a single one of them the same species. There was a Glaucus Drake, a Neotropical, a Hellfire Wyvern...heck, there were even some Pygmies too! There was something quite strange about them, though...

It was then that Sunshy noticed the strange necklaces on their necks. Each of them was unique in their own way and some of their patterns moved. "Well, it's just necklaces. Still, I've never quite seen any dragon with such...unique necklaces, though. Hey, maybe they're a clan I can join!" That was when he noticed the flashing rays of light that his wings were reflecting into the general area of the other dragons as they flapped up and down. As the sun was hidden behind a few clouds, the rays weren't all that bright but it was enough to annoy a dragon. He slapped a paw onto his forehead, quickly dipping down into the branches of a nearby tree, folding up his wings as he went. "Real smooth, Sunshy. Here goes another rejection."

<OOC: I think I may have gotten a little too carried away...>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Lotus tilted her head at the Neotropical dragon. She listened to the dragon's words, and saw her tap the Glaucus on the back. "What's a deputy?" She asked the Glaucus. She looked her over, and decided that she looked like one, whatever it was. "I think you look like a deputy. It makes me think of the color blue!" She giggled, and poked her. Deputy. What a strange word.. She thought to herself. She stared up at the slightly taller drake for a moment, when something caught her eye. Well, blinded her eye. As soon as the streak of light moved, all of Lotus's senses were locked onto it. She saw it moving along the ground in a back and forth motion. In an instant, she let out a little squeak and pounced on the beam of light. It moved, and she pounced on it again. Over and over. She was just beginning to get tired when the beam of light disappeared. She spun around, trying to find it again, but then slumped over on her side. She giggled a little bit before curling up into a ball once again, and started drifting off to sleep. Just a teeny nap... She thought.

((There are only 7 active players, so I decided to "give Lotus a vote" If it counts at all.))

user posted image

Caroline was speechless for a second. She blinked a few times before asking "You're picking me? I mean it's nice and all, but you're sure you're not confused?" She said to Zeditha. "I'm Caroline. You're really really absolutely sure you want to pick me?" She had never been specifically picked to lead anything before, so she was shocked that someone thought she could be a good leader. Turning to Lotus, she said "Well, if you want to pick me because the word deputy reminds you of the color blue, then you are welcome to. After all, since you live in this forest, you should be given a vote too. Thanks." immediately after she said that, a bright light illuminated the area surrounding her. "What was that? The bright light reminded her of something, but she couldn't remember exactly what. 'I know I've seen something that can do that before...' She thought. But alas, her shortened memory wouldn't allow her to recall it, and she simply decided to dismiss the feeling, deciding that exactly when she wasn't thinking about it was when the answer would reveal itself. "I'm going to go check what it is. Do you mind if I fly away for a few seconds?" She asked the group. "I know it's important to vote, but I'm curious as to what could send that light towards us. Plus, if it's something dangerous, we should be prepared." It suddenly struck her that she didn't know exactly how to take off the ground. She could guess though. 'I really wish I'd paid more attention to the exact movements when I was practicing...' She thought.

Zeditha smiled. "Let me; I know how to fly already," she said. Taking a few steps back, she ran forwards and flapped her wings deftly, and rose into the air. She turned a small circle, enjoying the feeling of flight, then snapped her head around as the disappearing glint of light caught her eye. She locked onto it, them flew slowly closer. It wasn't long before she caught sight of the small, mirror-winged pygmy, hiding among the leaves. She put herself level with it and carefully manoeuvred towards it. She landed on a branch. "Hello, little pygmy," she said. "What's your name?"