LibbyLishly

Unfreezing

(TLDR at bottom - the quote I was answering didn't copy, but I see the same arguments answered so many times in different ways by different suggestions by various people still being repeated, so I'm bringing up my suggestion and there are those of others throughout the thread to consider as well.)  tongue.gif

Changes in an ability for Zombie removal and the Refusal removal for rare/rare breeding once only possible with glitches spring to mind as issues once seen as being permanently set in stone - but TJ needs to be presented with reasoned explanations consistent with the DC world concept as to how and why something should work, with potential for adverse effects stymied, for him to consider whether something's a worth-while addition/alteration.

Any spell laid ought to be removable by some powerful counter-spell, even if the whole (edit: scroll-full of BSA dragons having this) has to recuperate for a month afterward (edit: before recovering enough to use the ability again), and, as one example, I'd say that Whites, with their healing abilities, ought to be able to break the 'eternal youth' spell to allow the dragon to grow up and appreciate the benefits of maturity, which definitely falls under a definition of healing a dragon bespelled as locked in perpetual childhood but who has decided that the life experiences of other, mature dragons are essential to his/her happiness.

(Somebody should write a story on that one, lol.)

'... White dragons are pacifists and specialize in extremely strong healing magic. The only limit of this magic is that it can’t bring back the dead. ...'

Edit: apart from coding issues of which I have no idea, lol, I fail to see why Whites shouldn't have a multi-purpose Heal BSA which would have different effects under different circumstances, so that they could both Heal a Sick egg/hatchy and lift a spell from a Frozen one, with a month's cool-down from the latter spell-lifting, possibly with either the specific dragon or the whole batch of Whites also unable to Heal anything else for a month following.

The concerns seem to be: that any BSA or other mechanism enabling spell-lifting from Frozen dragons could be:

used for cheating to trade - the fix involving instant adulthood

to take more dragons and unFreeze shortly thereafter - the fix involving limited use with a scroll-wide cool-down of an as-yet undetermined period, and an unFreezing wait period on which consensus so far seems to be poised on a minimum of a month after Freezing any individual dragon.

This wait period could even be increased (edit: by being restricted to applying) to dragons Frozen over a calender year or more (edit: in the past), in order to enable previously Frozen Holidays and such to be un-spelled without having any concerns about its use for packing on more hatchies that we're supposed to be able to hold on our scrolls.

What concerns am I missing here which pertain to this specific topic?

Another edit, lol, to add: the repeated concern that anything once labelled as being permanent should never change.

We have had multiple changes in things which were once permanent/immutable.

A proposed alteration which does not adversely affect those not involved regarding something which has been previously labelled permanent does not have to be disregarded simply because of a 'permanent' warning intended to make people think prior to taking an action.

Other changes within the game - also altering once-immutable conditions, such as the ability to pick up (edit: bred) Holidays beyond the previous restrictions of two, in reaction to the changing circumstance of a build-up of available Holiday offspring over the years to the point where an increasing number of people were failing to breed, among other player-related issues - may create a need for compensatory change in related areas, such as the unFreezing of dragons Frozen under different circumstances.

This sort of 'domino/ripple effect' is hardly unusual and is one reason why each change - and potential effects stemming from it - within a complex system must be well-considered, and adverse effects minimized in dealing with further necessary adjustments down the line.  smile.gif

Edit: would like to make the point that the hatchies are 'frozen in time', rather than frozen solid into ice-forms, so that I suspect that magical abilities to lift spells would be pertinent, rather than any degree of warmth possessed by the dragons involved.

Also that any action which could result in the death of a dragon will not be used by most people, making it as useless to many as is Earthquake, and that I don't see that immortal dragons should be so easy to kill by even powerful spells simply used to lift another spell, allowing them to grow up and enjoy the benefits of maturity.

If the spell-breaking power can be used only once a month, that seems to me to be limitation enough, especially with a wait period for its use on Frozen dragons which might involve those Frozen as long ago as in previous years to that current, if such a thing can be programmed in with relative ease.

Bringing this forward, although others have had different suggestions, because I believe that the simpler this is, the better. smile.gif

It seems to me to be more complicated to hold a hatchie Released from the 'youth spell' and then allow it to grow up while making it untradeable, than to simply make it unFreeze as an adult.

If people can only at most unfreeze one dragon, once a month, and only dragons Frozen in years previous to the current year, and these dragons instantly adult as the spell is lifted, do we really need to add additional penalties or death risks, or anything else?

This started as a suggestion to aid people who Froze dragons in the past, thinking that the circumstances then current would not change.

They did.

So some of us, despite (edit: a number of us) being people who don't have any hatchies we want to unFreeze or who may not typically Freeze hatchies at all under normal circumstances, thought it would be fair if these people had an option to have the spell lifted from these dragons which they would not have Frozen, if they'd realized the situation would later change.

It turned out that the one-shot dis-spelling option wouldn't work from TJ's perspective, so here we are.

The concerns of many seem to be that some people might gain undue advantage from being able to Freeze and unFreeze dragons as they pleased, and load up on more than they otherwise could.

The solution here (as do various others) prevents that as well as trading, addresses the original problem, and I hope that some people will take the trouble to actually read and understand this suggestion and the ones that others have made, which answer the objections typically voiced, while providing the original intent of allowing people to respond to changed circumstances by taking off a spell from a dragon or dragons on their scrolls.

This is slow enough to ensure that the single dragons unfrozen each month on any particular scroll are those most essential to the person unFreezing them, so that neither Freezing nor unFreezing are likely to be done lightly or in the hope of immediate gain, but it does allow those upset about having Frozen dragons under different circumstances to gradually rectify this prior to the next Holiday breeding season.

If they choose to unFreeze others also Frozen over a year ago ... big deal?

So can anyone else, if they suffer the same circumstance, and it won't hurt any of the rest of us one little bit.

Edited by Syphoneira

If I may turn the question, though, if all the limitations to prevent trading and hatchie slot exploitations are put into place, what is the reason why you remain so strongly against it? If it will do some players a great deal of good, is there something else going on that you see as a potential detriment to the game? And if so, what steps can we take to make all sides happy?

I'm not sure if I am dead set against it.

I do think it turns a rather simple concept into something rather complicated. Now you just take your cute little baby sprite and freeze it in time and DONE! If this happens, you freeze it but later decide to change your mind and you can unfreeze it by some as yet undetermined mechanism, which is subject to seemingly endless restrictions and limits to keep it from being exploited in any of the ways that it could be. Seems like a nightmare to try to explain to a newbie (I am a mentor and so that is one of the things I always think about. wink.gif )

I am just trying to get a sense of why people want it so much. I get the holiday hatchie thing and I was more or less supportive of that when there was the suggestion that was limited to just that. But I just wonder what the scale of this will be. If it is something few would use, then why do we need to change game dynamics for that? If it is something that many, many would use, and what is the effect that would have on the game? Is this something that has more positives than negatives? Apparently most people here think so, but I have nagging doubts.

Choices are hard sometimes and sometimes we regret them, but in most games, as in life, there is no undo button.

I'm not sure if I am dead set against it.

I do think it turns a rather simple concept into something rather complicated. Now you just take your cute little baby sprite and freeze it in time and DONE! If this happens, you freeze it but later decide to change your mind and you can unfreeze it by some as yet undetermined mechanism, which is subject to seemingly endless restrictions and limits to keep it from being exploited in any of the ways that it could be. Seems like a nightmare to try to explain to a newbie (I am a mentor and so that is one of the things I always think about. wink.gif )

I am just trying to get a sense of why people want it so much. I get the holiday hatchie thing and I was more or less supportive of that when there was the suggestion that was limited to just that. But I just wonder what the scale of this will be. If it is something few would use, then why do we need to change game dynamics for that? If it is something that many, many would use, and what is the effect that would have on the game? Is this something that has more positives than negatives? Apparently most people here think so, but I have nagging doubts.

Choices are hard sometimes and sometimes we regret them, but in most games, as in life, there is no undo button.

Say, as an example, the White dragon has a Heal BSA which can Heal a Sick hatchie or egg, which can also, when applied to a Frozen, (although no more often than once a month,) Heal a hatchy which, after a year or more of being bespelled into perpetual youth, no longer wishes to be magically forever young.

The Healed hatchy becomes an adult instantly and cannot be traded.

The counter-spell to the Freeze spell is very powerful, and requires a month for the combined power of even multiple Whites on a scroll (although a single one can do it) to regenerate to the point where the spell could be again passed, should it be required.

Is that simple enough to explain?

I am still trying to figure out why we need this. For the people who are so dead set on being able to unfreeze, what hatchlings are you thinking of unfreezing and why? Do you have many? Are they holidays, discontinueds, nice lineages, CB rares, or just what?

I'll answer this. I'm sure a lot of people will.

First, there was the whole thread about wanting to unfreeze frozen holiday hatchlings *because limits have changed*. According to the thread, MANY people would have used that feature.

Me, personally... Before DC even had a "lineage" feature, I was freezing hatchlings. I *like* my frozen hatchlings, especially my armies. And for the most part I don't give a crap about lineages. But when I was going through my scroll about 6 months ago looking for "famous" lineages, I realized I'd unknowningly frozen a large handful of hatchlings that are either Thuweds or Dorkfaces. I *do* collect and breed both those lineages, and I would LOVE to be able to unfreeze-and-adult those hatchlings.... And, in doing so, be able to put more Thuweds and Dorkfaces into the AP for others.

Edited by Marie19R

There's a sentence telling you that freezing is permanent. It never says it can't be undone.

Permanently prevent the hatchling from maturing into an adult.

In this instance, the word "permanently" might mean that the action cannot be undone. But it might just as well mean that the change is "permanent", but not undo-able. (Eg. you don't need to repeat the Freezing action every other week in order to prevent your hatchling from growing up. Once it's done, it's done.) Like when you use some kind of "permanent" coloration to color your hair. The color stays (unless it's some kind of red, lol), but you can cover it with a different color or bleach your hair or whatnot. You can even "undo" the coloration by using a different coloration that's like your natural hair color.

permanent

adj.

lasting or intended to last or remain unchanged indefinitely.

I think it'd be redundant to list "Permanently prevent this hatchling from every maturing into an adult. This action is not and will never be reversible."

~

I don't really freeze hatchlings myself, so I'm not affected one way or another. I don't think the action in itself is flawed, as TJ mentioned, but I don't suppose that means there isn't a logical way to argue freezing shouldn't be permanent.

I kind of like it as permanent because it avoids all the hassle of having to deal with locking un-frozen hatchlings from being traded, but again, doesn't affect my game at all.

In this instance, the word "permanently" might mean that the action cannot be undone. But it might just as well mean that the change is "permanent", but not undo-able. (Eg. you don't need to repeat the Freezing action every other week in order to prevent your hatchling from growing up. Once it's done, it's done.) Like when you use some kind of "permanent" coloration to color your hair. The color stays (unless it's some kind of red, lol), but you can cover it with a different color or bleach your hair or whatnot. You can even "undo" the coloration by using a different coloration that's like your natural hair color.

permanent

adj.

lasting or intended to last or remain unchanged indefinitely.

I think it'd be redundant to list "Permanently prevent this hatchling from every maturing into an adult. This action is not and will never be reversible."

~

I don't really freeze hatchlings myself, so I'm not affected one way or another. I don't think the action in itself is flawed, as TJ mentioned, but I don't suppose that means there isn't a logical way to argue freezing shouldn't be permanent.

I kind of like it as permanent because it avoids all the hassle of having to deal with locking un-frozen hatchlings from being traded, but again, doesn't affect my game at all.

Speaking as one of British extraction:

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionar...sh/indefinitely

... British English: indefinitely If a situation will continue indefinitely, it will continue for ever or until someone decides to change it. ADVERBThe visit has now been postponed indefinitely. ... tongue.gif

The consensus in the other thread was that there would be no window where an unfrozen hatchling is a tradeable dragon - i.e. unfreezing it would make it mature instantly.

If unfreezing a dragon would make it mature instantly, what's to stop people freezing as soon as something hatches to get an insta!adult? Edit: Just noticed RV said this in almost the exact same words. Sorry, didn't mean to repeat.

This whole suggestion has too many flaws and too many variables and too much scope for abuse, in my opinion. The system we've got in place at the moment doesn't, so I see no reason to change it.

Edited by StormWizard212

If unfreezing a dragon would make it mature instantly, what's to stop people freezing as soon as something hatches to get an insta!adult? Edit: Just noticed RV said this in almost the exact same words. Sorry, didn't mean to repeat.

This whole suggestion has too many flaws and too many variables and too much scope for abuse, in my opinion. The system we've got in place at the moment doesn't, so I see no reason to change it.

People have suggested several counter measures:

1) things can't be unfrozen until several months later, so the adult is hardly "instant,"

2) unfrozen things are reset to 7 days to grow up and must be raised normally;

3) or a combination of both.

I don't see any problems with it not being permanent.

The biggest issue with that is people abusing it to freeze stuff to quickly make room for more things.

Here, I'll just organize my thoughts on restrictions in a list:

• Any failure rate should not potentially kill a hatchie. I'd honestly rather either see a failure rate with the chance to try again, or no failure rate at all. I'm also against any "insta-death if it doesn't have enough views to mature" penalties.
  • Dragons unfrozen would either mature instantly or be locked to the scroll to prevent abuse for trading purposes
  • Unfrozen dragons should take up an egg slot for 7 full days. Egg slots are more precious than hatchie slots, I think, since you can have far fewer eggs than you can total growing dragons. (I argue in favor of this even if they insta-mature. The RP-based reason could be needing to take extra care of them--after all, they just underwent a powerful magical reversal of an incredibly powerful original enchantment. However, at the very least, it should be a hatchie slot).
  • I wouldn't mind them being returned to the timer they used to have, with the 7 days for if the previous timer wasn't able to be retrieved--such as in the event of unfreezing a dragon frozen prior to the implementation of unfreezing. It also seems more complicated to have to have it resume the previous timer than simply starting over.
  • Limited unfreeze slots, with a lengthy cool-down. I'd personally say at least 30 days. However, I'd rather see a limit of more than one per whatever the cooldown time is. Possibly a max of 3-5?
  • I'd prefer it not be a BSA, personally. However, if it is a BSA I'd say it should be a scroll-wide cooldown. If there is a failure rate, I'd argue in favor of something similar to what now happens with Summon with the increased odds of success with more of the required BSA dragon(s) on your scroll.
  • Restrictions on when you can unfreeze--I'd argue it would need to be frozen at least a month before able to be unfrozen. Ideally 3 or more months. Six months or the "in the calender year before the current one" idea sound good to me.
  • If it were allowed, including the ability to unfreeze previously frozen dragons.
  • If dragons are to remain on scroll as untradable hatchlings, then you shouldn't be able to unfreeze if you're locked
  • Possibly restricting unfreeze if you're locked even if they insta-mature, much like how Summon is unusable when you're locked.

In case it hasn't been brought up, while I don't mind unfrozen being tradeable, logistically speaking, it would probably be better all around if they grew up instantly. Mostly because I can see them getting view bombed to death by curious/vindictive people. (cough prize dragon baby-itis). Just putting it out there as a pro- for the instant grow thing.

How many people mostly freeze to gain more spots anyway? I freeze tons of hatchlings, I'm always at my freeze limit, but I do not believe I have EVER hit the hatchling limit since it was separated from eggs. Because it doesn't pay to have that many, I can hold 21 hatchlings but only freeze 15. Ergo, there is no need to freeze solely to open spaces. So I feel that's a moot argument myself.

The other point that comes up a lot is "that is not useful to many people". So? I didn't realize that was a requirement. How many people use Earthquake? or Expunge? I've never used either and don't plan on doing so in the future.

I'm still thinking that as someone with frozen CB holidays that I might use this if it was implemented. but If it is not an option, I can live with that too.

No, they should not be tradeable

Yes, they should insta-grow.

Yes, there should be a waiting period between freezing and unfreezing.

No, freezing should not have a penalty.

Yes, to having unfrozen take an egg slot for 24hrs. (though I'd be okay without it)

No. to possible death penalty.

No. failure rate (with all the other restrictions this is not needed)

Maybe have scroll wide limit.

The other point that comes up a lot is "that is not useful to many people". So? I didn't realize that was a requirement. How many people use Earthquake? or Expunge? I've never used either and don't plan on doing so in the future.

I don't always explain myself well, but it's not that it "not useful to many people".

It's that it is more advantageous to some people than to others.

Earthquake and expunge are the same for everyone, results are the same for everyone that uses those, your dragons die (or hatch early). Lifting the limits had the same result for everyone, grabbing as many holidays as your scroll holds.

Unfreezing is not like that because you will suddenly have a lot of breedable discontinued dragons or older holidays that are not available to all players now. That gives a subset of players (older players) an advantage from this action that newer players cannot have. It doesn't seem equitable to me.

I think that with the changes with breedable holidays being adoptable that unfreezing should be allowed, but have the same limits as freezing does. Also that they would grow up instantly . Since most people also didn't freeze both their cb's perhaps a ten unfeeze limit max like with the summoning of GON's after the second you're just done?

Unfreezing is not like that because you will suddenly have a lot of breedable discontinued dragons or older holidays that are not available to all players now. That gives a subset of players (older players) an advantage from this action that newer players cannot have. It doesn't seem equitable to me.

That doesn't really make sense to me. DragonCave is NOT an equal playing field, no matter how much users may want it to be. People who've been here longer and have a gold trophy, for instance, are able to have more growing dragons then newer people. People who were there for past holiday releases have CB holiday dragons that newer players will never be able to get (since CB is *such* a big deal around here).

So what does it matter if users with old frozens will suddenly have more breedable adults? If anything, that makes things *better* for everyone else, since there will, as a result, be more CBs, rares, holidays, etc that are *breedable* to trade, gift, and abandon. Personally I don't see how that's a bad thing.

KageSora made a VERY good post that I think everyone should make sure and read.

Also, before people start listing reasons why this idea would be abused, etc, it'd be nice if everyone would read through the thread. All the concerns still being voiced have already been talked about and given limitations to completely negate that concern.

When metals became breedable to each other( and Holidays) we were allowed a period of time to reverse refusals . Since the "permanent " Holiday limit has been lifted I see no problem with a short amnesty when frozen hatchlings could be reanimated. After which ,frozen will be frozen ad infinitum !

When metals became breedable to each other( and Holidays) we were allowed a  period of time to reverse refusals . Since the "permanent " Holiday limit has been lifted I see no problem with  a short amnesty  when frozen hatchlings could be reanimated. After which ,frozen will be frozen ad infinitum !

Unfortunately, TJ doesn't feel a one-shot spell--breaker works, so that's why it's necessary to come up with something feasible that can't be abused.

This is the short version of what I've personally been suggesting, which simply and straightforwardly - without added complexity or penalties including death - addresses the actual issue of long-Frozen dragons people have kept as hatchies because of different circumstances:

Say, as an example, the White dragon has a Heal BSA which can Heal a Sick hatchie or egg, which can also, when applied to a Frozen, (although no more often than once a month,) Heal a hatchy which, after a year or more of being bespelled into perpetual youth, no longer wishes to be magically forever young.

The Healed hatchy becomes an adult instantly and cannot be traded.

The counter-spell to the Freeze spell is very powerful, and requires a month for the combined power of even multiple Whites on a scroll (although a single one can do it) to regenerate to the point where the spell could be again passed, should it be required.

Once a month, per scroll, one carefully selected dragon with a youth spell applied in a year previous to the current year, can have that spell lifted to become instantly adult, using one effective spell cast by any and all Whites (or whichever magical dragon) on the scroll with no ill effects - but far too paced to give any great advantage or ability to cheat to any person wishing to use it on any older dragon they would not have Frozen if they'd known circumstances would change as they have.

I agree a lot with Syphoneira's suggestion of it being part of the Heal proposed BSA for White's and agree it should only be able to be performed on hatchlings 1 year+ after there initial, with a month long scroll wide cooldown and the hatchling growing instantly into an adult.

I believe this suggestion would deal with people's concern over abuse as this would only allow for a max of 12 unfrozen hachlings per year and a wait of at least one year before unfreezing can be attempted.

The one problem I haven't seen discussed yet (sorry if it has and I haven't seen it) is if the hatchlings were to instantly unfreeze as an adult, what would frozen S1 hatchlings gender as? Or is the penalty for unfreezing that your S1 will instantly grow up as its assigned gender and there's is nothing you can do but take that chance?

Just my thoughts on the matter smile.gif

IIRC genders are assigned when the egg hatches, so it should theoretically gender as whatever it was supposed to grow up to be were it not frozen. I'm not 100% sure, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

There's a sentence telling you that freezing is permanent. It never says it can't be undone.

Permanently prevent the hatchling from maturing into an adult.

You know - that's a good point. When I was a kid there were a lot of illnesses/conditions that were "permanent" and incurable and you had to learn how to live with them for life. Several of those can now be cured just like that with new drugs. So....

Things can change. I assume no-one here would tell someone that because they were told in 1960 that they had a lifelong condition, they now cannot have the drug that will cure it ?

(I still don't really mind one way or the other, but that is SUCH a good point.)

Edited by fuzzbucket

How many people mostly freeze to gain more spots anyway?  I freeze tons of hatchlings, I'm always at my freeze limit, but I do not believe I have EVER hit the hatchling limit since it was separated from eggs.  Because it doesn't pay to have that many, I can hold 21 hatchlings but only freeze 15.  Ergo, there is no need to freeze solely to open spaces.  So I feel that's a moot argument myself.

That might be true now, but it wasn't before the scroll limits were changed. Back then, if you had 4 (or more) hatchlings, you couldn't pick up anything. And you couldn't breed and keep if you had 5 or more. So, what was the logical solution if you have 4 hatchlings and want to grab some eggs?

Exactly. Freeze one hatchling. Grab 4 eggs. win-win.

And even though that's not much of an issue any more, it might still come up occasionally. Like when there's a new release, or a time-limited release (like Halloween).

Besides, we should find a way to balance things that's as fair as possible, takes the previous advantage for freezing into account and is simple. (Keep it simple, stupid!) After all, TJ doesn't even think we players would have been able to understand a rule like "You can raise 2 of each (holiday) breed every year."

The main advantages of freezing with an option to unfreeze are more space on ones scroll (at least before the change) and keeping trading fodder in stasis, so to speak. So, we'd only need three limits:

- Unfrozen hatchlings are returned to 7 days left. This takes good care of the scroll space issue, while also adding a little bit of a penalty. It also means that you cannot unfreeze endlessly, because you're still dependent on your scroll limits. In order for this to work, we need another check:

- You can only unfreeze if you have space for another hatchling on your scroll. See above. Or, like with breeding, the unfrozen hatchling will be auto-released if it'd take you over the limit. (Not auto-APed as people might still want to risk "trading" that way.)

- Unfrozen hatchlings are untradable. Just to make sure people don't unfreeze their CB frills/BPs/holidays and demand exorbitant prices for them. And that people don't keep trading fodder in stasis until they can use it.

True, the number of unfreezes would be as good as unlimited - but, seriously, the people who want to unfreeze 100 hatchlings will do so eventually anyway. Plus there's absolutely no gain to be had from first freezing, then unfreezing - so an extra kind of limit isn't needed IMHO. Because, in the end, it does more harm than good (in terms of scroll space and trading). The only benefit of unfreezing would be the ability to get yourself some adults from the hatchlings you've previously frozen.

Maybe, if you (general you) insist, there could be a fourth limit, like you can only unfreeze a hatchling that's at least one year old. Just to make sure that freezing during holiday season doesn't guarantuee you more adults than you'd be able to get without freezing.

Edited by olympe

That might be true now, but it wasn't before the scroll limits were changed. Back then, if you had 4 (or more) hatchlings, you couldn't pick up anything. And you couldn't breed and keep if you had 5 or more. So, what was the logical solution if you have 4 hatchlings and want to grab some eggs?

Exactly. Freeze one hatchling. Grab 4 eggs. win-win.

lol. before the limits were changed, if you froze 1 hatchling you could only grab 1 egg. the hatchling limit was separated from eggs at the same time the higher limits for trophies was introduced. So it wasn't that effective even then, in my opinion.

I do see what your saying though.

I still think growing up instantly is more effective than having to raise them again from 7 days. and it makes them untradeable already.

Actually, if you had no eggs and 4 hatchlings back then, you couldn't pick up anything. You cuold keep bred eggs, though. Now, if you froze one hatchling, you weren't only able to grab another hatchling from the AP, you could also grab 4 new eggs first.

I'm against insta-adults, because this would benefit people who freeze or froze for this very reason just too much. First of all, you'd need pretty narrow limits for unfreezing to prevent extreme abuse of the freezing feature. Second, you'd probably really need to give an age restriction for unfreezing. Third, unfreezing would still give a double benefit: Not only do you have a breedable adult at once, you also save a lot of time raising your hatchlings. So, this mechanism would probably need another drawback (like risk of not working, risk of death) in order to make it feasible.

I'm against insta-adults, because this would benefit people who freeze or froze for this very reason just too much. First of all, you'd need pretty narrow limits for unfreezing to prevent extreme abuse of the freezing feature. Second, you'd probably really need to give an age restriction for unfreezing. Third, unfreezing would still give a double benefit: Not only do you have a breedable adult at once, you also save a lot of time raising your hatchlings. So, this mechanism would probably need another drawback (like risk of not working, risk of death) in order to make it feasible.

I thought that why hatchlings had to have been frozen for so long, I've seen everything from a month to year. which does not save time for raising anything.