LibbyLishly

Unfreezing

*pulls this back up* Since TJ is looking at suggestions, I'd still like to know if I have any hope of this being a thing or not.

I would love this. Especially for things that were frozen before unlimited bred holidays became a thing.

I’d feel more secure with the option. I don’t usually freeze things, but there are some old CBs Id love to unfreeze- specifically an original bright pink and frill as I think it’d be nice to have an original adult I can breed. 

A question though (if the hatch was to immediately grow up). What would happen if the hatchi is ungendered, would dragon cave recall the gender it would’ve been as an adult?

I'd love to be able to reverse freezing :wub: The only reason I haven't frozen anything so far is that it's forever and I don't want them to be trapped in their hatchie states for all eternity. :o

Yes, that's a bit exaggerated (and they're only pixels) but I'd love to be able to stretch their childhood for a few weeks or months (-> here the suggestion of 53 weeks) and then let them grow up eventually. (as pretty as some hatchie sprites are... they all deserve to grow up at some point)

Edited by Soulsborne

As someone who froze CB holidays back when the limit was 2, period... yeah, support.

I like the restrictions outlined in the first post. I'd be in favour of unfreezing if those restrictions were implemented to prevent abuse. 

1 a month seems low. I'd prefer if they regenerated maybe at least at a quarter of the rate of freeze slots.

I'm fine with one a month. We never HAVE to freeze, after all.

Any chance we could get a yes or no on this? The discussion itself has pretty much stalled out otherwise.

I also support any version of this.  I have several hatchlings I would LOVE to be able to unfreeze.  I can think of at least two instances where I had two hatchies of the same breed on my scroll and froze the wrong one. :angry: I'm not sure exactly what else is hidden away in my frozens, but I would sure love a chance to review and update them to match my current scroll goals. 

I was actually coming her to post a suggestion for a "freeze reversal window", just a 5-10 minute grace period after the action where it can be undone.  (As long as you don't log out?) 

I would completely support the version in this thread, too.  Even with a lower limit - 5, say, or even 3 unfreezes per year - I would absolutely find this fair and useful.  Having the frozen hatchie immediately grow up eliminates most of the abuse potential, especially with Holidays now being available as CBs every year.

I like the suggestion earlier in the thread that it be framed as 'a very powerful spell' that takes too much magic to perform frequently, thus explaining the limit and why the dragon instantly reaches adulthood as well as just leaving the frozen state. :)

Instead of "this action is irreversible," the freeze message could be tweaked to "you may not be able to reverse this action" (since it would depend on whether you had any Unfreeze actions left).  Plenty of other "irreversible" actions on DC can now be reversed by players, after all - Influence can be broken by APing or teleporting, as can Incubate, but the message still calls these 'irreversible' (leading to people trying to trade "influenced" eggs, but that's a problem for another thread...)

Anyway: YES, PLEASE, DO WANT, and this thread's idea seems like a very well-thought-out way to implement it. 

5 to 10 minutes would be completely useless for what most everyone is this thread is supporting it for.  So absolute NO to that idea.  even just the  "I had two of this breed and froze the wrong one" crowd might not notice in that time period.  This thread has discussed this to death, and the current ideas are more than fine as is.