Renorei

ANSWERED:Holiday x Holiday produces both breeds of eggs

In the past, I've often bred one holiday dragon to another holiday dragon, during a holiday in which both of the breeds should breed true. I thought it would be interesting for people hunting the AP to be able to catch eggs with two holiday parents.

What I've noticed is that after doing this on 6 different occasions, the resulting clutch never contains a mix of eggs of both parents' breeds. It's always all one breed for that particular year. I'm linking some of my dragons' progeny pages so you can see what I mean.

http://dragcave.net/progeny/FfQY

In 2012 and 2013, I bred a Ribbon Dancer and a Winter Magi and both years, the entire clutch was Winter Magi Eggs.

http://dragcave.net/progeny/4ULq

In 2012, I bred a Rosebud Dragon to a Sweetling and both eggs were Rosebuds. I bred the same two dragons in 2013 and all three eggs were Sweetlings.

http://dragcave.net/progeny/3Wg2

Same thing here with a different Rosebud and different Sweetling. 2012, only one egg and it's a Rosebud. 2013, three eggs and they're all Sweetlings.

Now, maybe some users have had a different experience than me, but even if there are sometimes eggs of both breeds in a single holiday multi-clutch, from my experience it must not happen very often.

My suggestion is that something should be changed so that within a single multi-clutch of holiday x holiday eggs, there is just as good of a chance that there will be 1 or 2 eggs of the mother's breed and 1 or 2 eggs of the father's breed, instead of the whole clutch for that particular year being all of one breed. Even if there are some people out there who are getting mixed clutches, my suggestion is that these mixed clutches should be more common, or equally as common, as a clutch that's all one breed.

Why? Well, it's certainly not vital to the game or anything but I just think it would be a lot more fun. I would have really loved to be able to have a mixed clutch of 1 or 2 Sweetling eggs and 1 or 2 Rosebud eggs, or a mixed clutch of 1 or 2 Winter Magi eggs and 1 or 2 Ribbon Dancers. It's a little disappointing when the whole clutch is all one breed. sad.gif

Edited by Renorei

I don't think it was ever different, was it ? Certainly not since I've been playing.

Please. Yes.

(While we're at it, I'd also like Tinsel x Tinsel and Shimmer x Shimmer to give eggs of *either* parent's colour - to my knowledge they only ever give one colour at the moment.)

I don't think it was ever different, was it ? Certainly not since I've been playing.

I don't know if it was ever any different, but that doesn't mean it would be a bad thing if it changed.

I wasn't around when multi clutches were still common. But I have seen screenshots of multi clutches and seen a mix of both breeds. Ex, I saw a gold and red pairing, and the multi clutch had both red and gold eggs, so it is possible. Or at least was at one time. I would like to see this in holiday multi clutches now. I quit breeding two holidays of the same type (christmas x christmas or val x val) for this reason.

I've only ever seen Holiday x Holiday produce one parent's breed in any given year. For example... Last year was the year of the Winter Magi, and Snow Angel x Winter Magi went all Winter Magi, too.

There's a lot on the forums about this, and Halloweens do it too.

I would really, really like that to be different, to be able to get mixed multi-clutches. Or at least, have one pair breed the father and the other breed the mother!

Cheers!

C4.

I don't breed Holiday x Holiday myself, but for those who do I think this would be nice.

I agree, much nicer to have at least one of each kind produced!

I don't know if ratios in any form come into play with Holidays or not, but the lineage possibilities are certainly limited by having predominately one breed produced, rather than a mixture.

It would definitely add interest, so a big yes!

(and then having to choose which breed of egg to keep would be a challenge too, lol)

Yes please. I love this combo link and I really wanted to make a checker with this lineage, only to find that I cannot get a ribbon dancer from that pairing to make a checker!

I've got the exact same problem as Nectaris. I think I've got 4 of these Winter Magi.

I'd love to see this! One of the things I miss most about non-holiday multi-clutches was the mixture of breeds you could get. Plus, this would be very helpful for those of us trying to make checkers and such.

i would really prefer this :c i got a Yulebuck from a yule x snow angel and i wasn't able to find a single snow angel from yule this christmas.

This isn't an intentional feature, it's a bug.

As such, there's nothing to really discuss here. It will be fixed at some point.