demonicvampiregirl

Wii/Wii U

Anyone own any of these? I just got a Wii last year and got some new games during Christmas for it. I wont be upgrading to the Wii U for a while yet.

Anyone have any favorite games they play? So far my favorite is the Mario Kart 64 game I downloaded. Loved that game as a child.

Also does anyone know if all the channels and things shutting down affect the US region? As of right now I cannot access the Wii Shop Channel and neither can a friend so wondering if anyone in the US can or not.

Also does anyone know if all the channels and things shutting down affect the US region? As of right now I cannot access the Wii Shop Channel and neither can a friend so wondering if anyone in the US can or not.

I'm not sure about how it affects the Wii specifically but pretty much all of nintendo's servers have been having some serious difficulties for about 2 days now. It's definitely not just you guys.

I own a Wii, but I rarely play it much anymore. There's just not a lot of games for it that I want/like. I don't really want a Wii U. :U

Edited by Switch

Anyone own any of these? I just got a Wii last year and got some new games during Christmas for it. I wont be upgrading to the Wii U for a while yet.

Anyone have any favorite games they play? So far my favorite is the Mario Kart 64 game I downloaded. Loved that game as a child.

I had a wii. Then Christmas brought a wiiU and replaced it. dry.gif I like my wii. The wii U's my brother's.

Well, I don't use the shop on wii, but the one on my 3DS isn't working.

My favourite game is definitely Brawl. Super Paper Mario comes close though.

I had a wii. Then Christmas brought a wiiU and replaced it. dry.gif I like my wii. The wii U's my brother's.

Well, I don't use the shop on wii, but the one on my 3DS isn't working.

My favourite game is definitely Brawl. Super Paper Mario comes close though.

I've got Brawl, Monster Hunter Tri, and both PokePark ones. I got Mario Kart 64 downloaded onto it. I want to get other games for it yet but so far that's all I've got.

I don't really want a Wii U unless I find a few games I actually like. The Wii will hold me for a while.

I'm not sure about how it affects the Wii specifically but pretty much all of nintendo's servers have been having some serious difficulties for about 2 days now. It's definitely not just you guys.

I own a Wii, but I rarely play it much anymore. There's just not a lot of games for it that I want/like. I don't really want a Wii U. :U

Actually we found out that one of the channels that a friend of mine used got shut down. The Nintendo Network one? I think it told all up coming releases. I just wonder what all services got shut down for the Wii. I know some got shut down for the ones in Europe but for here I have no clue.

I have a Wii and love it. I want to get a Wii U, but the game lineup is disappointing to me right now. I know there are some good games on it, I really like the look of Super Mario 3D World, but there aren't enough to justify an upgrade yet. My Wii still gets a lot of love; my favorite games are Skyward Sword, Monster Hunter Tri, Twilight Princess, and the Super Mario Galaxies.

I play SSBB at least twice a week, other than that my Wii doesn't see much use from me. But that's more because of a lack of games, rather than dislike of the system

I'd like a WiiU, though I'm still waiting on some really good games

I got a Wii and a WiiU, My favorite game on the Wii is Super Smash Bros Brawl or LoZ: Skyward Sword(But I mostly use the Wii to play GameCube games like Tales of Symphonia or Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness) and my favorite game on the WiiU is LoZ: Wind Waker HD, the game is so adorable to me and I lost my GameCube version a few years ago, so it is nice to play it again.

I play SSBB at least twice a week, other than that my Wii doesn't see much use from me. But that's more because of a lack of games, rather than dislike of the system

I'd like a WiiU, though I'm still waiting on some really good games

Yeah that is nintendos problem. They have wonderful games but they are always remakes or from the same series. If nintendo is so worried about profit loss they need to make an attempt at a new series.

I got a Wii and a WiiU, My favorite game on the Wii is Super Smash Bros Brawl or LoZ: Skyward Sword(But I mostly use the Wii to play GameCube games like Tales of Symphonia or Pokémon xd.png: Gale of Darkness) and my favorite game on the WiiU is LoZ: Wind Waker HD, the game is so adorable to me and I lost my GameCube version a few years ago, so it is nice to play it again.

How I wish I could play my GameCube games. I got the wrong Wii when I bought it. I thought it was one of the older models but it wasn't. ;-; Luckily my GameCube is in storage so it should still work. I didn't have many games on it as I am primarily on a Xbox but the games I did have are fun. Really miss playing my Pokemon games on there. I really really wish they'd put Pokemon Stadium and Stadium 2 up in the shop. How I'd love to get my hands on them once again.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

A new series wouldn't be enough... even if it was great, it would still be only one game for the time being. Nintendo has really done a poor job of marketing the Wii U, and they alienated many people last generation so that's not doing so well for them now either. The lack of a significant library isn't helping. Of their first party stuff the only thing they really have games out for is Mario.

A new series wouldn't be enough... even if it was great, it would still be only one game for the time being. Nintendo has really done a poor job of marketing the Wii U, and they alienated many people last generation so that's not doing so well for them now either. The lack of a significant library isn't helping. Of their first party stuff the only thing they really have games out for is Mario.

Yeah hopefully they find a way to get more games for it.

Sadly Nintendo is going to be shutting off WiFi connections for DS/Wii on March 20th. Anyone know if this will affect being able to transfer with PokeBank as well? I have yet to do that at all and really don't want to rush into doing that since I have B/W to finish yet.

I haven't played on my Wii for a while, because the games I want to play don't work anymore. I love playing Harvest Moon : Tree of Tranquility, but that died pretty early...and I'm careful with my discs, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Tales of Symphonia 2 did the same thing, sadly.

And I never did finish Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword...sadly. Playing Wii games kinda hurts, when you have to move, lol.

I haven't played on my Wii for a while, because the games I want to play don't work anymore. I love playing Harvest Moon : Tree of Tranquility, but that died pretty early...and I'm careful with my discs, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Tales of Symphonia 2 did the same thing, sadly.

And I never did finish Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword...sadly. Playing Wii games kinda hurts, when you have to move, lol.

Yeah thats my issue with the Wii. It makes my wrist hurt really bad so I use the classic controller as much as I can.

Sadly Nintendo is going to be shutting off WiFi connections for DS/Wii on March 20th. Anyone know if this will affect being able to transfer with PokeBank as well? I have yet to do that at all and really don't want to rush into doing that since I have B/W to finish yet.

Pokémon Bank connects to Nintendo Network, not Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. So, Pokebank will still work. Besides, they just released Pokebank, people are gonna be really mad if they stop the transfer service when they've only released it for about a few months. tongue.gif

Anyway, I have a Wii. I only have one game for it though which is SSBB. I might get a Wii U if Nintendo releases more games for the system. XS

Edited by ranger X92

Pokémon Bank connects to Nintendo Network, not Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. So, Pokebank will still work. Besides, they just released Pokebank, people are gonna be really mad if they stop the transfer service when they've only released it for about a few months. tongue.gif

Anyway, I have a Wii. I only have one game for it though which is SSBB. I might get a Wii U if Nintendo releases more games for the system. XS

That's my issue but I will be picking up more Wii games. I got SSBB, Monster Hunter Tri, and both PokePark games. I still have others I want to get. I never really had a chance to play online with them so.

The communities kind of die off after a while anyway. That's the case with all online games. After the new SSB comes out, there won't be many people online for Brawl, if there even are now.

The communities kind of die off after a while anyway. That's the case with all online games. After the new SSB comes out, there won't be many people online for Brawl, if there even are now.

Yeah. Surprisingly I thought Halo 3 would have this same thing happen. Nope there are still tons of people who play it. Me and a friend go online with it every now and then.

I've had a Wii since close to the time they came out, actually--we were super lucky and a family friend spotted one and picked it up since he knew my parents were trying to find one to buy and they just paid him back for it.

On the Wii, my favorite game is Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. I'm also quite happy to have Pokemon Snap on there, haha. SSBB is great, too. I keep meaning to play Fragile Dreams, among others, I've had that for ages...

I managed to pick up a WiiU last fall, the Zelda bundle one, though I've not actually had a chance to play it yet since I just have so many games to play in general... But I'm planning on getting Earthbound one of these days since I've been meaning to play that for ages, and I'm looking forwards to the new Smash Bros, and I'm curious about whatever Zelda they do.

My family got our Wii in February of last year. My favorite games are Wii Sport Resort, Wii Sports, New Super Mario Brothers, and Wii Play. The last game I played was NS Mario Bros. I was trying to get more lives for one of the yellow or blue toads. xd.png

I'm thinking about buying a Wii U now that some games are starting to come out for it. (Though I might hold off until the big ones like Mario Kart 8 and the New Smash Bros comes out).

The new Donkey Kong Country Returns game looks pretty awesome and Super Mario 3D world is supposed to be good. The NSMB Wii U is probably alright though it's probably pretty similar to the other two.

I just don't know that I can justify buying a $300 console right now for two/three games

For those of you who have a Nintendo Network ID and a Club Nintendo account I need a question answered.

I have had a club nintendo account for a little over a year or two now and just made my NNID on the 3DS. I wanted to link my Club Nintendo account to it but I do not have a Wii U. Do I have to have the Wii U to connect the Club Nintendo account or can you do that with the 3DS instead?

Nvm finally found where it is at. Thought you had to do it from the system settings. Dx

Edited by demonicvampiregirl