lilysally

Alt Sweetling Breeding

Hey folks --

I'm going to be working on an Alt sweetling x silver lineage and I have my first pair:  http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...style%5Bbg%5D=y

Here's to hoping they like each other! I'll be looking for silver swaps after the event, and more Alt swaps next valentines day. biggrin.gif

I'm working on the same lineage. I bred her last year and managed to get a mate for her this year. Maybe next year we could do a bloodswap. wink.gif

I seem to have completely missed this thread as well!

Please count me in! I've been working on alt sweetling lines for a while (up until now of course they have been 1st gen only).

I have lines mixed with silvers, golds, marrows, blacks, reds, pinks, daydreams...but the black and marrow lines are my favorites.

My husband has a 2nd gen alt already and made an alt/marrow checker at Halloween that looks amazing. He will be breeding them again for Valentine's to make a sweetling.

Anyway, feel free to contact me for swaps and if you can help me with my monster lineage project where I am trying to get as many CB alts as I can collected into one even gen all-black line. I am up to 7th gen so far!

How many of those Alt Sweetlings are out there? Is there a rough guesstimate? smile.gif

I asked about making a thread to see which players had them and were still active, but was told it probably not be okay by a mod, since it would list player names. I have one alt that I breed to a magi. I'm hoping for unfreezing to be able to breed the other to any dragon for people's lineages. Plus I'd like to have an alt x marrow lineage myself.

my sweetling has already been bred and made 3 eggs. I'll be making an even gen magi x alt checker next year:

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=2&mate=Thctp

I don't know if I'll do anything beyond that with the alts as just finding a regular sweetling offspring from a magi is difficult enough.

I can pitch in with pretty much anything once Valentine's is over. I'll especially be looking for a bloodswap for this.

Bred my remaining Alt Sweet to a Silver just now. Got two eggs; the spare one with the code Ca1Qy will drop in the AP at xx:30. smile.gif

I can make you one of these, Wookie, if you'd like: 4th gen magi with alt base

I can make a sibling to the 3rd gen father as well.

All I would need is another third gen to smash them together:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/iHgkj

Problem before was finding people with the alts, so hopefully this thread can help. I'm thinking of breeding some stairstep metals or prize dragons to offer up for more second gens after valentines day.

Problem before was finding people with the alts, so hopefully this thread can help. I'm thinking of breeding some stairstep metals or prize dragons to offer up for more second gens after valentines day.

In my recent quest to get the blacks from alts, I've discovered most of the other alt owners own way better stuff than I do, so my collection of prizes and metals won't cut it for breeding as exchanges.

I am hoping with the V-day restriction lifted, the handful of alt 2nd gens I managed to get so far, and the names on this thread, I will be able to entice more people to come out of the woodowork. My 5th gen shimmer isn't good enough, but maybe that alt checker with silvers will catch someone's attention!

I also will of course breed 2Gs in exchange, as well as anything in my projects at any stage.

I really think with this renewed alt interest and all these alt owners showing up again, there is an incredible opportunity for all our projects!

My Alt Sweets got a breeding list which is currently open. So if anyone wants a 2nd gen, just poke me after Valentine's Day. wink.gif

Either I don't know how to use the search function, or there's nothing really explaining this, but if you can explain/link to something that does explain this, I'd love you for it.

I caught a 2nd gen gothling x new pink. Never thought I'd catch one. I checked his brothers and sisters from other years and only one of their other offspring alted.

Also I heard somebody say in another thread say something about an "alt scroll"?

So what is the chance of a 2nd gen offpsring of a gothling hatching as an alt? Is it dumb luck? Do I have to hope I have an "alt scroll"? I am confuse!

Edited by DorkJulian

Either I don't know how to use the search function, or there's nothing really explaining this, but if you can explain/link to something that does explain this, I'd love you for it.

I caught a 2nd gen gothling x new pink. Never thought I'd catch one. I checked his brothers and sisters from other years and only one of their other offspring alted.

Also I heard somebody say in another thread say something about an "alt scroll"?

So what is the chance of a 2nd gen offpsring of a gothling hatching as an alt? Is it dumb luck? Do I have to hope I have an "alt scroll"? I am confuse!

No. There was a glitch when the Sweetlings were released in 2009. Due to this glitch some scrolls lost their previously caught Sweetling eggs. TJ replaced the eggs that were lost and those owners got an alt version as a treat. Those scrolls were "alted" as you put it and every Sweetling will be an alt. So if you weren't one of those who lost the eggs in 2009 you won't get an Alt Sweetling but a regular one.

No. There was a glitch when the Sweetlings were released in 2009. Due to this glitch some scrolls lost their previously caught Sweetling eggs. TJ replaced the eggs that were lost and those owners got an alt version as a treat. Those scrolls were "alted" as you put it and every Sweetling will be an alt. So if you weren't one of those who lost the eggs in 2009 you won't get an Alt Sweetling but a regular one.

Awwr okay, that's what I was afraid of, that it'd only be the original scrolls that got alts. (I knew the general story, I think until now I was under the impression that alt sweetlings were only first gens! Derp.)

Sorry!

EDIT: Also if anyone needs/wants a 2G alt sweetling x new pink...

http://dragcave.net/teleport/63da6a2ef70f5...a00f769b4d27f0e

I have lots of other neat sweetlings and it'd be awesome if someone can use this for an alt lineage. biggrin.gif

Edited by DorkJulian

My Alt Sweets got a breeding list which is currently open. So if anyone wants a 2nd gen, just poke me after Valentine's Day. wink.gif

I'll be sending a poke then, thanks for letting us know :3

Also I managed to catch a sweetling with green copper and alt parents, then traded it for a different one since I didn't like the pairing. I got a sweetling from a new pink out of it, so I think this is a complete upgrade:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/d2lks

I have plenty of pinks so I might even already have a mate for it.

Also I managed to catch a sweetling with green copper and alt parents, then traded it for a different one since I didn't like the pairing. I got a sweetling from a new pink out of it, so I think this is a complete upgrade:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/d2lks

I have plenty of pinks so I might even already have a mate for it.

So funny, I had a request for an egg from Green Copper, their one big wish, but as I have no CB Coppers, that was not an Option...

I'm also willing to breed my Alt for others to help with your lineages. Just send a PM. biggrin.gif

I'm also willing to breed my alt Sweets for anyone. Neither one has a list right now so just give me a poke if you need something.

It's no checker, but would anyone here be interested in this baby?

user posted image

I would like to trade it to someone with an Alt scroll so it patterns right. It needn't even a rare mate; that black's bred to a Sunrise, to continue the black/pink spiral pattern.

I know it's not a trading thread, but I do still want all ze Sweets X'3 I'll be willing to trade to just about anything patterned. Just feel that I can't continue this one to its full potential.

Happily homed =3

Edited by FRiv

My first 3rd Gen checker http://dragcave.net/lineage/0iEkJ

The two Golds gave no egg, but no refusal either ;-)

The one from Sunstone has no mate yet, same for the one form Old Pink.

And not sure what to do for this one

http://dragcave.net/lineage/DAQt2

except wait for Christmas (it was gifted to me, so I didn't trade it for something else, what I might have done, had I found it on the AP).

And one from Silver is still growing.

Unfortunately I didn't get one from Red, Red Dorsal, or others. Hoping for more next year.

I'll be able to breed this next Christmas. And my gold checker liked each other but didn't produce. Haven't yet figured out what can be done with the rest of what I caught.

I'll be able to breed this next Christmas. And my gold checker liked each other but didn't produce. Haven't yet figured out what can be done with the rest of what I caught.

really nice checker

Love this one I just traded for http://dragcave.net/lineage/BUT14 - I want to get a fitting mate and then breed them next Valentine's for pink scrolls biggrin.gif

Edited by lilysally

I managed to pick up 2nd gen alt sweetlings with gold, silver, stripe and black mates, so I am on the hunt for matching 2nd gen mates and eventual 3rd gen checker mates.

If anyone can help out, please send me a PM to work out sweetling lineage exchanges. Both my sweetlings decided to make nothing this week mad.gif but eventually they will make something, so let me know what all you need!

Would anyone here possibly be able to help me out with a Stripe bloodswap for this Sweetling x Stripe checker lineage?

It doesn't matter to me if the 2nd gen Sweetling is an Alt or not. I'm happy to offer a Stripe from my lineage in return.

Found one, thanks!

Edited by bloodonmyfangs

I got my 3rd gen gold x alt sweetling checker. Here she is!

If anyone here is interested in a swap, the next gold I breed from this line will be available. (Can't have this baby, she's staying right here!) tongue.gif