Danne

My Brother's Novel! (A Song for the Dead)

My brother's been working on his novel for the past, hrm, at least ten years. It's undergone countless revisions and is finally something he's truly proud of. He elected to self publish -- it's much more respectable than it used to be, and he works an exhausting full time job so needing to hunt down an agent to hunt down a publisher is a circus he didn't really have the energy for.

We're all extremely proud, and I made him send me the link to the Amazon page so that I could pimp it out to all my friends. :3 A Song for the Dead is currently available as an e-book and now as a paperback!

Summary:

The world is not a safe place. Nicole MacMara knows this better than most, but it doesn’t stop her from looking for answers when the restless dead intrude into her life. Harassed by flickering images of the deceased, she retreats to a house in rural Connecticut. There she reunites with her estranged father and meets John, a mysterious British expatriate who helps her come to terms with her abilities as a medium. But not even John can save her from the magic in her blood. As her powers expand beyond communication with spirits, Nicole begins to attract dangerous enemies. The resulting struggle for survival will drag her through Hell with the souls of everyone she loves at stake.

*dances* Urban fantasy, one of my favorite genres. You should check it out. happy.gif

Edited by Danne

I'm just gonna bump this the once, since I posted it at a time when a lot of DC is asleep. No worries, though, I won't be excessively advertising or anything. I hate it when people do that. xd.png

Thank you! (I'm sorry, I missed your response, otherwise I wouldn't have been so tardy replying!)

Posting one more time because the paperback copy is out now!

Neat! I love the summary (though it's technically a blurb) but I don't have the money to buy it... I'm sure it's great, though!