bbik

ANSWERED:One-Time-Only Holiday Unfreeze Option

Should users be able to unfreeze previously-limited Holidays?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sure thing, as long as there is a one-time-only "re-capture" released CB dragons and a one-time-only "re-release" older holidays in a cave so newer members get their 2 cbs as well... Whats fair is fair

I genuinely don't understand the issues people have with this.

By your logic, which is "you made a decision at the time and that should stick forever no matter what" you would think that people who bred rare x rare pairs together should have kept their refusals, and people who had old-type s1 freezies should have been unable to freeze them as permanent s1's.

We're not asking for much. Users who weren't on the site at the time can't get CB's outside of winning an honorable mentions, and that hasn't changed. (I'm one of them, the SA's were my first CB holiday, and I'm not asking for CB holies or yulebucks.) People who released CB's to get lineaged dragons kicked it off knowing they could never get that back, and that hasn't changed. Other people froze their CB's knowing that they could never have a second adult or even the other hatchie... and that HAS changed.

(side note: I never did understand why people caught CB holidays and then released them. Wouldn't you just only catch one?)

Edited by dracocharky

(side note: I never did understand why people caught CB holidays and then released them. Wouldn't you just only catch one?)

No, most people froze to get the hatchy sprite. If they released them, they did so because because you are limited to two, and they really wanted to do a lineage. Unfortunately, a choice had to be made, much as with freezing or not.

For example, I froze a sweetling at S2 because it's cute as a button. But 3 years later, I really wanted to do a lineage, or try, with tan ridgewings. So as part of a trade I was offered a sweetling from a tan parent. The only way to accept was to let the hatchy go, CB or not. And so I did, in the hopes I could make a nice 3rd gen.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/DLLjO

http://dragcave.net/progeny/XtbN

I know there are some people that froze metals back when they were common as well that would probably like a shot at unfreezing them. Given that zombie limits got uncapped (I think) I don't think they are an issue anymore. There is even a frozen baby CB shimmer if I recall correctly.

/so getting a baby sweetling next year if I can.

Not 100% true. I normally don't give a crap about lineages, and yet I still regret freezing certain holiday dragons back then, *not* because of CB or lineages or whatever, but because back then I was really into the idea of frozen hatchies, and I made a decision to freeze knowing the consequences, and now that those consequences are gone (the 2-limit) and I no longer have a "thing" about having frozen hatchies of every breed, I would love to unfreeze a few! Not because of lineage, but because priorities and game rules have changed.
But the 2-breed-limit was not a consequence of your freezing. The consequenze is the frozen hatchling. And before freezing, you are being informed that this action is irreversible, and you have to put in your PW to confirm you really want to do this. Don't you?

I was only trying to make the point that this suggestion is not "all about lineages" as someone claimed. I was making the point that even people who don't care about lineages might like to unfreeze some hatchlings they froze under the old rules.

I, like dracocharky, don't really understand the opposition to this suggestion. We aren't asking for anything "greedy" or that will lead to "abuse" as some have suggested. I honestly don't see how this suggestion is either of those things.

What is being asked here is a chance to make things fair for how the rules are now. JUST LIKE when rare/rare breeding was introduced, and it was unfair that tons of people had all those refusals that they couldn't breed, and TJ fixed that by making that "meh" page. In the past, there were holiday limits, and users made decisions based on those limits. Decisions that might not have been made if there *weren't* those limits. Now that there aren't limits, all we are asking for is that same courtesy as the "meh" page, a chance to fix things now that the rules/game has changed.

I guess the difference is that no-one CHOSE to get a refusal. xd.png Who would ???

But the 2-breed-limit was not a consequence of your freezing. The consequenze is the frozen hatchling. And before freezing, you are being informed that this action is irreversible, and you have to put in your PW to confirm you really want to do this. Don't you?

I was only trying to make the point that this suggestion is not "all about lineages" as someone claimed. I was making the point that even people who don't care about lineages might like to unfreeze some hatchlings they froze under the old rules.

I, like dracocharky, don't really understand the opposition to this suggestion. We aren't asking for anything "greedy" or that will lead to "abuse" as some have suggested. I honestly don't see how this suggestion is either of those things.

What is being asked here is a chance to make things fair for how the rules are now. JUST LIKE when rare/rare breeding was introduced, and it was unfair that tons of people had all those refusals that they couldn't breed, and TJ fixed that by making that "meh" page. In the past, there were holiday limits, and users made decisions based on those limits. Decisions that might not have been made if there *weren't* those limits. Now that there aren't limits, all we are asking for is that same courtesy as the "meh" page, a chance to fix things now that the rules/game has changed.

I don't freeze myself - apart from one messy hatchy which 'followed me home' and would have grown up in less than 24 hours.

When circumstances alter, a certain degree of flexibility becomes important.

But I don't see anything wrong with giving people a one-shot amnesty on unFreezing whatever they like.

This hurts no-one and helps a number of people, following a change in circumstances.

Naturally, it won't fix everything, and yes, those who've Released dragons are, unfortunately, out of luck.

But why not fix what can be fixed, and help those who can be helped?

I support this idea. If my frozen Yule hatchie could be unfrozen, I'd have gifted another 2nd gen as well.

I don't understand why this is a bad thing and everyone's attacking with "what's fair and what isn't". It's on our scroll, just frozen. It would give others more opportunities at getting 2nd gens... It won't break the game.

Edited by LaHaine

I would like to unfreeze my S2 Rosebud. I never thought the limits would be lifted, and I love the sprite so much that I gave in and froze it.

I don't really care one way or the other on this because I don't have any frozen holiday dragons. But I don't see any problem with it, either, as long as the hatchies are coded to grow up immediately so they can't be traded. Putting more CB holiday dragons into the breeding pool seems like a good thing to me.

I don't really care one way or the other on this because I don't have any frozen holiday dragons. But I don't see any problem with it, either, as long as the hatchies are coded to grow up immediately so they can't be traded. Putting more CB holiday dragons into the breeding pool seems like a good thing to me.

This. I have no CB Frozen holidays (ok so I've got one frozen Pumpkin I'd really love to unfreeze, but....). This doesn't really affect me, but I support it.

Cheers!

C4.

Agreed. I never froze any as I never felt the limits were set in stone...

This won't effect me in the slightest, but I don't see the harm in implementing this. Yes, the frozen dragon is less a "problem/glitch" and more of a conscious decision that someone made, but I don't think it'll change or affect the game in any negative way to let them reverse their decision.

Like I said I don't especially care one way or the other. But I do believe it is about lineages for most people, and that's fine. It's just the fact that in the suggestion threads I see so many people say that lineages shouldn't matter, but then we come up with stuff like this thread, where lineages do matter.

This suggestion sounds like, "limits lifted, yay, now I can freeze something else and get back my good one" Which is okay by me, but let's be honest in that for most people it is about getting back something nice that they gave up. Do you really think that if people do get to unfreeze their CBs that won't go out and grab some little messy hatchie to freeze in it's place? Of course they will, it's why they froze one in the first place.

There may be a few exceptions, but really most people froze for scroll goals or because they thought the hatchie was too darn cute.

How does lifting the limit change that in any way? If you don't care about lineage, why does it matter if your frozen hatchie is the CB you got four years ago, or if it's some random hatchie you picked up this year?

That's true actually. If lineage isn't an issue, you really DON'T need your CBs back.

But clearly it IS an issue, so let's stop saying it isn't. (hugs latest very messy holly xd.png)

Again, it's NOT about lineages.

It's about freezing before limits were lifted.

People froze LINEAGED hatchlings, too, when they weren't around for the initial release.

Stop focusing on just the original CBs that were frozen. It's not fair to ANYONE who froze before limits were lifted, as it was said multiple times that you could only ever have TWO Christmas dragons and Valentine's.

As for Pumpkins...I think they could also be included.

But I'll say it one final time: This is NOT about lineages. Some people may make it about lineages, but this suggestion is NOT inherently about lineages. It is about fairness for those that gave up something during a time when limits were in place. Now that the limits are off, they should be able to unfreeze ONLY those that were frozen if they wish to. NO you DON'T need your CBs back, but it's not fair now that they can have as many adults and frozens as they want but had to give up a slot back then

It is about fairness for those that gave up something during a time when limits were in place. Now that the limits are off, they should be able to unfreeze ONLY those that were frozen if they wish to. NO you DON'T need your CBs back, but it's not fair now that they can have as many adults and frozens as they want but had to give up a slot back then[/b]

So I should get back the CB I released in order to get a 2g from a prize dragon? My daughter should get back the discontinueds she froze, not knowing they were going to be discontinued during a time we had no internet access?

You can't retroactively go back and do 'fair'.

So I should get back the CB I released in order to get a 2g from a prize dragon? My daughter should get back the discontinueds she froze, not knowing they were going to be discontinued during a time we had no internet access?

You can't retroactively go back and do 'fair'.

This is not what's being discussed right now... It's about frozen Holidays from the years before the limit was lifted that are currently on our scroll. Not about discontinued breeds that got discontinued for a reason and won't come back. And also not about something that isn't in our scrolls anymore.

Does this chance of unfreezing holidays hurt anyone in any way? "You can't retroactively go back and do 'fair'." If there is a chance and no disadvantages for anyone, I don't see why not honestly

Yes, all frozen Christmas/Valentine hatchlings should be unfrozen -- CB ONLY

In my opinion, I think all the CB Christmas/Valentine Dragon should have a chance to unfrozen.

It is because CB can only get it in the release year of them. And if you get a 2G Christmas/Valentine ,it is easy to get another one in next year, except holly. (Maybe a holly can unfrozen if it is a 2~3G?)

But I agree that if every Festival you can unfrozen one hatchlings.(If this, I will agree all frozen Christmas/Valentine hatchlings should be unfrozen)

or Maybe every USER have 6 Christmas+5 Valentine=11 time to unfrozen their hatchlings?(CB or no CB)

I read some post in the first page, seem that people are argue in the lineages.

So if everyone have 11 time to unfrozen what they want?

I think no one will frozen both 2 Christmas/Valentine hatchlings, is it?

So everyone maximum have 11 hatchlings unfrozen, right?

And it seem it is easy to do a BSA, just like Summon?

In my view, all the 1gen and 2G Hatchling and Adult are different type of Dragon, so if I get a Christmas/Valentine Dragon in the past, of course I would frozen them. (But I will frozen the children for my Christmas/Valentine Dragon so it will be a 2G Dragon:P)

Edited by D-wing

I voted neutral. But the more I read in here, the more I arrive at the conclusion that this unfreezing shouldn't happen.

First of all, people knew that the action was impossible to undo. When they chose to freeze one CB holiday, they knew it would be frozen and not be added to their breeding stock. Only because they can have more dragons of formerly limited breeds shouldn't really change that. Some players who prefer a frozen hatchling of every breed decided to forego a frozen holiday because of the limits. Others didn't.

But anyhow, people who froze their hatchlings did so knowing exactly what they were doing and what the consequences were. They can still get more adults or hatchlings now, as every other player. So, where's the problem? (Because they can't get more CB? Well, they shouldn't. Nobody can.)

And, regarding the comparison with discontinued breeds, I think it fits 100%. How many people who froze a CB bright pink or frill would now rather be able to breed it? How many people who froze CB golds or silvers when they were over-abundant would much rather have an adult instead now?

The list goes on and on. The only way to make it fair is to keep things the way they are. Because everybody knew what they were doing when they froze their hatchlings.

I voted neutral. But the more I read in here, the more I arrive at the conclusion that this unfreezing shouldn't happen.

First of all, people knew that the action was impossible to undo. When they chose to freeze one CB holiday, they knew it would be frozen and not be added to their breeding stock. Only because they can have more dragons of formerly limited breeds shouldn't really change that. Some players who prefer a frozen hatchling of every breed decided to forego a frozen holiday because of the limits. Others didn't.

But anyhow, people who froze their hatchlings did so knowing exactly what they were doing and what the consequences were. They can still get more adults or hatchlings now, as every other player. So, where's the problem? (Because they can't get more CB? Well, they shouldn't. Nobody can.)

And, regarding the comparison with discontinued breeds, I think it fits 100%. How many people who froze a CB bright pink or frill would now rather be able to breed it? How many people who froze CB golds or silvers when they were over-abundant would much rather have an adult instead now?

The list goes on and on. The only way to make it fair is to keep things the way they are. Because everybody knew what they were doing when they froze their hatchlings.

Yes, they know what they do. But if you only can get 2 dragon and you want to get a hatchlings, of course you will frozen one.

But now the limits is cancel, maybe you still want to get a hatchlings, but will you frozen your CB ? Of course no! blink.gif

So I think it is fair if user have a chance can unfrozen their CB rolleyes.gif

Edited by D-wing

About as fair as me getting the yulebucks back that I released last year in order to get some with better lineages. After all, if I had known I'd be able to keep more, I'd never have released them. (Well, probably. Maybe. But the point is, it's the same dilemma.)

Or the people who froze bright pinks or frills before they knew that these breeds would be discontinued. If they had known, they might never have frozen them in the first place. And the same could be said about CB metallics back in the day when they were easy to get.

So, no, I don't see why only people who froze CB holidays (or any holidays at all) are supposed to get to undo their actions. It just wouldn't be fair.

About as fair as me getting the yulebucks back that I released last year in order to get some with better lineages. After all, if I had known I'd be able to keep more, I'd never have released them. (Well, probably. Maybe. But the point is, it's the same dilemma.)

Or the people who froze bright pinks or frills before they knew that these breeds would be discontinued. If they had known, they might never have frozen them in the first place. And the same could be said about CB metallics back in the day when they were easy to get.

So, no, I don't see why only people who froze CB holidays (or any holidays at all) are supposed to get to undo their actions. It just wouldn't be fair.

Yes - I have two frozen frills....

But fairness isn't the issue, I think. Things do change - and sometimes we do have to bite the bullet. I could have had SO many frills if I had only known what was going to happen. I THINK I may been have been just in time to get old pinks if I had even known what I was doing at the time; not sure....

Yes, this is about "fair". At least if you read the main argument many people post. It's all about fairness.

So I think it is fair if user have a chance can unfrozen their CB rolleyes.gif

This is NOT about lineages. Some people may make it about lineages, but this suggestion is NOT inherently about lineages. It is about fairness for those that gave up something during a time when limits were in place. Now that the limits are off, they should be able to unfreeze ONLY those that were frozen if they wish to. NO you DON'T need your CBs back, but it's not fair now that they can have as many adults and frozens as they want but had to give up a slot back then

What is being asked here is a chance to make things fair for how the rules are now. JUST LIKE when rare/rare breeding was introduced, and it was unfair that tons of people had all those refusals that they couldn't breed, and TJ fixed that by making that "meh" page.

Sure thing, as long as there is a one-time-only "re-capture" released CB dragons and a one-time-only "re-release" older holidays in a cave so newer members get their 2 cbs as well... Whats fair is fair

I just don't think it's fair to anyone who froze their dragons back when limits were on them.

I support this Idea, it will be fair for person who freeze their Christmas dragons last years.

This is a special circumstance, and it seems to be the most fair way to handle the situation.

Definitely in support of this. This would not affect me, but to me it's the same thing as when rare x rare breedings were allowed and the /meh page was installed to remove previous refusals. It just seems fair. However, I think that the unfrozen hatchlings should either become adults immediately or blocked from Teleport links. Otherwise, there could easily be room for abuse.

I am most definitely on the side of "no unfreezing" when it *normally* comes up, but in this special circumstance I support 100%.

It's really just the fair thing to do.

Nobody knew the limits would be lifted/removed one day - of course people based their decisions concerninng freezing on the fact there was a limit of two, so that idea seems very fair to me smile.gif ".

:3

(And, if you really only joined early in '10, you were definitely too late for BPs. I joined late in Oct. '09 and was definitely too late. /offtopic)

Edited by olympe

Yes, this is about "fair". At least if you read the main argument many people post. It's all about fairness.

(And, if you really only joined early in '10, you were definitely too late for BPs. I joined late in Oct. '09 and was definitely too late. /offtopic)

I know loads of people are citing "fairness" - what I meant was that I don't think that is the real issue. Because if it was fair when you froze whatever - that's the end of it, or all sorts of other bad (as it turned out) decisions could be reversed...

It wasn't FAIR when there was a glitch the other day; I abandoned an egg, and bred another - but the abandoning took fractionally too long and the bred egg abandoned. That's LIFE.

You will be right about the pinks, I'm sure. I feel marginally better knowing I didn't just blow it ! xd.png I THINK I started in Dec 09.... (off to look at My First Dragon to check....)

Ah. January 2010. OK....

Edited by fuzzbucket