bbik

ANSWERED:One-Time-Only Holiday Unfreeze Option

Should users be able to unfreeze previously-limited Holidays?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I definitely support this, and how. I only ever froze one CB, and it's an Arsani, and I did it because people I was talking with were doing it too and like a lemming I just followed along. And now, I regret because it's all alone. I'm perfectly ok with it being like GoNs and unable to be traded so they can only stay on your scroll, I want to KEEP it. Also if the unfreezing is only available on the day of the event (Feb. 14 and Dec. 25) that'd be just fine. Have it be like a BSA and call it the Power of Love and Spirit of Christmas. xd.png

Yes, please!!! I froze my CB Holiday hatchlings with the thought that I could only ever have two and I like to have frozen hatchlings of each breed on my scroll. I would love to be able to unfreeze them so I can send more lovely 2nd gen eggs to the AP next year biggrin.gif

I definitely support this idea. I have four CB hatchies that I never would have frozen had I known this was coming. And I really could use my other CB wrapping wing...

Ohh yes - that would be super-awesome, two CB adults instead of one... well not of eveyr holiday for me, but gosh do I wish I had not frozen if I knew the limit would be lfted. And it would fit perfectly with the removal of the limits for older breeds.

I totally support this (with the dec. 17th cut-off date)

and a page like the meh- page which would stay for quite a while before getting out of order some day would be the perfect way to do it.

totally, 100% completely and utterly support. As someone who's been here since the SA's and tries to collect one of each of everything, I had a real internal struggle trying to decide whether to freeze one. I eventually did, but only because we were told you could only ever have two. Had I known there was even a CHANCE that that would change, I wouldn't have done it.

I personally think it should only be for ones from the year they were released, though, because lineages can easily be re-obtained. You can't breed CB's or catch them from the AP, but lineages are, at least in the most part, re-obtainable.

It just really doesn't seem right that there are so many frozen CB's around which were frozen on a false premise.

I personally think it should only be for ones from the year they were released, though, because lineages can easily be re-obtained. You can't breed CB's or catch them from the AP, but lineages are, at least in the most part, re-obtainable.

It just really doesn't seem right that there are so many frozen CB's around which were frozen on a false premise.

Again, I reply to this with...

So? They were still frozen when it was said that you could only have TWO.

Being caveborn or lineaged SHOULD NOT matter. It should just matter that the dragon was frozen before limits were lifted. Because maybe that person wants to continue a lineage or something.

I just don't think it's fair to anyone who froze their dragons back when limits were on them. Yes, lineages are re-obtainable for some kinds, but not ALL the time, and it still SHOULDN'T matter if it's CB or lineaged. That sounds like it glorifies the CB holidays. They're already glorified in that you can still only get two of each (I'm assuming, since we could only get two from the cave this year).

I can support this although it doesn't affect me at all, but I do want to play devil's advocate for a moment.

There has been an argument in some other threads that lineages don't matter, shouldn't affect this or that, etc.

However it seems to me that the unfreezing of Christmas hatchies is mostly about freeing up CB or nicely lineaged hatchies for future breeding purposes. Because completionist aren't regretting freezing, they regret freezing a nice lineage. Pretty sure they will just go out and find another hatchie to freeze, only this time it will be some messy thing they have no interest in breeding.

So I guess I just want to know why lineages DO seem to matter in some instances, like unfreezing holidays, but apparently aren't supposed to matter in other instances?

My $.02

I can support this although it doesn't affect me at all, but I do want to play devil's advocate for a moment.

There has been an argument in some other threads that lineages don't matter, shouldn't affect this or that, etc.

However it seems to me that the unfreezing of Christmas hatchies is mostly about freeing up CB or nicely lineaged hatchies for future breeding purposes. Because completionist aren't regretting freezing, they regret freezing a nice lineage. Pretty sure they will just go out and find another hatchie to freeze, only this time it will be some messy thing they have no interest in breeding.

So I guess I just want to know why lineages DO seem to matter in some instances, like unfreezing holidays, but apparently aren't supposed to matter in other instances?

My $.02

To be honest, I think it shouldn't even matter which lineage the holiday dragon has. The main point of this suggestion is to let people unfreeze their Holidays that they froze before the limit update, because it couldn't have been predicted so long ago that the limits would be removed.

Personally, I think it's not important for which reason exactly one would want to unfreeze their dragon because the fact is, no matter what, users froze Holiday hatchlings knowing that there was a certain limit and therefore it affected their decision. Maybe someone has a messy-lineaged Holiday which they would have grown to adulthood if they had known what would happen to the limits - I think in that case people who are in that situation deserve the same option just as much as those who want to unfreeze a CB.

I would like to see a one time unfreeze option, but I think pumpkins should be added. It was not possible to breed them at first, so I did freeze one, thinking it would not matter. Other halloween dragons, no, I don't think it's necessary.

Support, especially if this test run on the first unlimited christmas egg run has worked. It would be good as the mechanism of the christmas dragons has changed and so a person reviews and revises their position and goals on this also.

If it was to be implemented though, agree regardless of lineage to have that choice, either all have the choice or none have the choice.

I support this, agree that it would be a good idea to continue this past the Valentine's Release, but think that everyone should be able to unFreeze anything they want, just this once.

My $.02

Not 100% true. I normally don't give a crap about lineages, and yet I still regret freezing certain holiday dragons back then, *not* because of CB or lineages or whatever, but because back then I was really into the idea of frozen hatchies, and I made a decision to freeze knowing the consequences, and now that those consequences are gone (the 2-limit) and I no longer have a "thing" about having frozen hatchies of every breed, I would love to unfreeze a few! Not because of lineage, but because priorities and game rules have changed.

This isn't particularly about whether the dragons are lineaged or not, and It shouldn't be about that, ever. It's about the fact that people made misinformed decisions and froze dragons they wouldn't have otherwise frozen. In theory, as TJ's said before, there is no in-game difference between CB's and lineaged and inbred and messy and anything else; they're all just dragons and it's the users who put value on them.

By keeping a limit on the new releases, however, it suggests that there is indeed a difference between dragons obtained in the first year and those obtained afterwards. That's what we're playing on here; users only ever could and still can only have two from the first year, but from this year onwards users won't feel the need to freeze one of those because they know they can obtain hatchings at a later date.

(PS, bonus FYI: this would mean more hollies to breed next year. I assume hollies are still quite rare?)

Edited by dracocharky

Not 100% true. I normally don't give a crap about lineages, and yet I still regret freezing certain holiday dragons back then, *not* because of CB or lineages or whatever, but because back then I was really into the idea of frozen hatchies, and I made a decision to freeze knowing the consequences, and now that those consequences are gone (the 2-limit) and I no longer have a "thing" about having frozen hatchies of every breed, I would love to unfreeze a few! Not because of lineage, but because priorities and game rules have changed.
But the 2-breed-limit was not a consequence of your freezing. The consequenze is the frozen hatchling. And before freezing, you are being informed that this action is irreversible, and you have to put in your PW to confirm you really want to do this. Don't you? Edited by olympe

I don't support this. I feel like people made decisions within the game rules at the time, and just because those rules have now changed doesn't mean we should make them retroactive. Yeah, it might've sucked that you froze a holiday you now wish you hadn't, but at least you were playing back then and got that holiday in the first place. That's the trade-off.

Plus, what about those of us who released CB holidays so we could keep a bred one instead? Should we get our CBs back? tongue.gif

Definitely support this. I always froze one of the two I was allowed, because I'm a collector and want to have at least one of each stage of each dragon. So for holidays, this meant letting one grow up, and freezing the other, since we were only allowed two... but I have often doubted if I should still do this for holidays, because CB holidays are so useful for lineages. If there had never been a limit, I would only ever have frozen lineaged ones, either self-bred or messy ones caught from the AP!

I actually also released one CB Winter Magi due to the limits and wanting to have a frozen one... it had accidentally grown up before I could freeze it sad.gif But imho releasing is quite different from freezing, as with freezing you still actually own the dragon. So I can live with that decision, even if it does hurt a little wink.gif

Yes, please I always freeze one of my holidays because I only was able to get two of them and I collect all states of the dragons, it would be great if we where able to unfreeze them.

It's your personal fault for freezing them in the first place but if its lifted I believe the eggs should be autodumped to give others a chance and even the limts be reinstated or a higher limit.

I've seen people abusing the limits big time and this would jut add to the greed of people since whats to stop them of keeping the second gen eggs and breeding the third gens to trade them for CB rares

It's your personal fault for freezing them in the first place but if its lifted I believe the eggs should be autodumped to give others a chance and even the limts be reinstated or a higher limit.

I've seen people abusing the limits big time and this would jut add to the greed of people since whats to stop them of keeping the second gen eggs and breeding the third gens to trade them for CB rares

There is no Holiday aside from CB Hollies where a 3g can earn them a CB Rare (aside from, like, Spriter's Alts or Prizekins), so that would be no issue at all. Plus, what would you prefer; people only being able to breed 1 2g (and thus more likely to keep it for themselves), or 2 2gs (increasing the chances they'll gift)? The more dragons around, the better the chance they'll get spread around--especially since almost all Holidays multiclutch! Every 2g kept is 2-3 2gs showering the AP. Letting past CBs be unfrozen almost guarantees a nearly two-fold increase in 2gs in the AP.

I don't really think it's my "fault" for making a choice based on how the game worked for 5+ years. It was a valid choice at the time and was a valid choice for many years after. But now things have changed and a one-time chance to change a past decision would be nice. Something similar was done when rare x rare breeding was announced; a page was briefly set up that let such past refusals be removed. So I don't think such exceptions are unprecedented.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I don't not support, but I'd rather see a BSA for unfreezing personally. Or a holiday perk, similar to zombies. Perhaps Easter/Spring. That helps more people. This is so narrow and targeted it comes across as a bit stingy. Speaking as someone that released a frozen CB holiday, and does have a hatchy or two I'd unfreeze.

http://dragcave.net/view/GS9e

If it happens at all, the only way to avoid "abuse" is to unfreeze ALL holiday hatchlings, and then those who want to own a frozen can collect or breed a replacement at the next holiday.

You're only hurting yourself, plenty of people like me barely even play any more and certainly don't trade, so you're just stopping me from breeding twice the number of 2nd gens to the AP.

Kindness or, again, not actually giving a censorkip.gif. That and the fact that only hollies are even rare any more, and the others are clogging the AP which is why the limits were lifted.

Which brings me to another point: you say it's our fault, but back when we made that decision, even bred holidays were rare as hell. The AP was often full of RARES and ALTS at during holidays because people dumped them to get holidays. There was no guarantee you would EVER get another one of the holiday dragons.

I don't really think it's my "fault" for making a choice based on how the game worked for 5+ years. It was a valid choice at the time and was a valid choice for many years after. But now things have changed and a one-time chance to change a past decision would be nice. Something similar was done when rare x rare breeding was announced; a page was briefly set up that let such past refusals be removed. So I don't think such exceptions are unprecedented.

this, basically.

I don't not support, but I'd rather see a BSA for unfreezing personally. Or a holiday perk, similar to zombies. Perhaps Easter/Spring. That helps more people. This is so narrow and targeted it comes across as a bit stingy. Speaking as someone that released a frozen CB holiday, and does have a hatchy or two I'd unfreeze.

http://dragcave.net/view/GS9e

I wouldn't mind that myself, I do believe I've got frozen CB frills too. Thing is, we'd need to find a dragon to do it- and even then we don't know if TJ would let it happen. If he could ok that idea, I and I think many others would happily abandon this suggestion.

Edited by dracocharky

If it happens at all, the only way to avoid "abuse" is to unfreeze ALL holiday hatchlings, and then those who want to own a frozen can collect or breed a replacement at the next holiday.

How could selective unfreezing possibly be abused if unfrozen things immediately grow up? You can choose between a frozen on your scroll or an adult on your scroll. I don't see a single gap for abuse there.

It was your decision to freeze them as hatchlings instead of having two adults on your scroll. It even gives a warning. There is no undoing a freezing spell, no 'OPPS' button you can press to undo something you accepted.