TJ09

2013-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I am beginning to get the idea that these things will be harder than Hollies to snatch off the AP next year! Everyone seems to want an army or them! I'd be happy with two, to start building a checker, but I may have a hard time getting them. sad.gif

I am beginning to get the idea that these things will be harder than Hollies to snatch off the AP next year! Everyone seems to want an army or them! I'd be happy with two, to start building a checker, but I may have a hard time getting them. sad.gif

Didn't even think of that.. Well maybe next year I can get my first Holly. But ho ho ho, definitely will start a checker with this dragons.. soon.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=7931118 <-- the full info post from a few pages back, for anyone who missed it. :-D

@BlazingAces, there's more details about the orb of light in there!

Thank you for the link back! smile.gif

I didn't even realize there was more to this dragon, other than the sprite art.

The concept art & back history is absolutely stunning. This is one of my favorite dragons thus far.

Thanks Odeen for giving us yet another beauty to fawn over! wub.gif

I cant decide if I want to breed mates in advance and then trade second gens, or keep one of each of mine and then try to get mates from others. Decisions decisions

So has anyone else noticed that one of TJ's dragons turned back into a hatchling and has the description "This hatchling seems sick. It hasn't been eating lately and it doesn't move very much."

Does anyone know what that is?

So has anyone else noticed that one of TJ's dragons turned back into a hatchling and has the description "This hatchling seems sick. It hasn't been eating lately and it doesn't move very much."

Does anyone know what that is?

He always reverses one back to a hatchie and freezes it. the message goes away eventually.

These are stunning! Im glad we got a color change up this year from our Red, Green, Gold theme we have been doing. biggrin.gif Well done Spriters and thank you to all who gave us another great DC Christmas!

So pretty! Yulebucks were by favorate Christmas dragons, but now I think the Solstice ones are.

I named mine Jazz Up The Season and Jazz Up The Holidays.

Basically this. My dragons are inspired by the Solstice, but they are a Christmas dragon release - which makes them Christmas dragons. I'd rather people not argue about whether or not they should share the descriptions of the other Christmas dragons when I did not submit a special description for them and TJ did not ask me for one. If TJ wants to change their description, I will gladly write one, but I don't see a problem with how the dragon is displayed now.

I solidly agree here. It's such a shame people cannot accept these for what they are. SO what they are called Christmas Dragons. I can only really get christmas off when I prefer to celebrate the solstice. Christmas is when my family can get together so I deal with it. I am personally Pleased to have a solstice representative for Christmas.

I solidly agree here. It's such a shame people cannot accept these for what they are. SO what they are called Christmas Dragons. I can only really get christmas off when I prefer to celebrate the solstice. Christmas is when my family can get together so I deal with it. I am personally Pleased to have a solstice representative for Christmas.

So am I!! It's refreshing having a new, unique addition to the xmas family! biggrin.gif

Okay, first of all, I think these are the most beautiful dragons on DC to date.

To the whole Christmas/Solstice thing,

To everyone pasting blocks about "Solstice isn't Christmas!" and "Christmas isn't Solstice!", it's more than just the shortest/longest days/nights of the year. While that's a fundamental part of the holiday, there's a lot to it--and a lot of what we define as the non-commercial aspects of--wait for it--Christmas.

The Christmas tree was a pagan/solstice tradition (and actually warned against in the Christian Old Testament and said that it was a bane to their god). The fundamental colors used are pagan/solstice tradition. The lights, the birth and rebirth, the stockings, the fireplaces, the traditional recipes--all pagan/solstice tradition.

The only word here is "Christ" in "Christmas" and I think people are getting unnecessarily riled about that. Really? Solstice is Christmas. I don't care if you're worshipping the sun, a tree, a wine god, a holy baby, or a jolly fat turkish invader, the very text reads "The spirit of Christmas"; so what is the spirit of it to you? What does that mean? Is the name worth that much, or is it a tradition, a feeling, an intent and a purpose to the time of year? THAT is what these dragons represent.

So yes, a Christmas and a Solstice dragon really are essentially the same.

If we want to get all politically correct we should just remove Christmas from any of the descriptions, and that's really unnecessary. And then what about Halloween? Hallow's Eve? Samhain? Saint's Day? And then there's the slippery slope of Valentine's Day. Lupercalia? Ystävänpäivä! Dragobete, Araw ng mga Puso, Sepandarmazgan! Make the madness stop!

I think people need to stop being so worried about the "Christ" in "Christmas" and understand the spirit of the holiday more than the name it goes by. Even if you're being sort of anal retentive, most of Christmas tradition comes from the Solstice, and so the spirit of christmas and the solstice still resonate.

These are very much the spirits of Christmas. DC chooses to call it Christmas. We should be flattered in outside cultures that they've decided to make Solstice Dragons, Yule Dragons, and more, and not bicker over the cultural preference of the owner, who very politely makes this a free to play game.

In the end: What does the spirit of the season mean to you?

Cuz' if we all just get to throw our own versions in, I declare a Festivus For the Restuvus, and begin the Holiday with an airing of grievances: Stop complaining. They are perfect.

Edited by MinervaClay

I cant decide if I want to breed mates in advance and then trade second gens, or keep one of each of mine and then try to get mates from others. Decisions decisions

So. Much. This. *nods emphatically*

But.. I think there are lots of people out there who will be breeding just for the ap and won't be collecting them. We'll see. *knocks on wood* *says a prayer* *wishes hard* biggrin.gif

So. Much. This. *nods emphatically*

But.. I think there are lots of people out there who will be breeding just for the ap and won't be collecting them. We'll see. *knocks on wood* *says a prayer* *wishes hard* biggrin.gif

I was thinking of breeding mine with one of my 2G Heartseekers, since they're both antlery, and gifting that to someone next Val-day/AP dropping it/something.

Edited by MinervaClay

I didn't check to see if they were influenceable while they were still eggs, so are the new dragons all female or I just happened to get two females?

I didn't check to see if they were influenceable while they were still eggs, so are the new dragons all female or I just happened to get two females?

They are an all female breed.

Thanks. Interesting. Only the Hollies are both genders.

If I'm not mistaken, Hollies were a uniform gender on release and at a later time were allowed to be both genders. Most holidays are a uniform gender.

Don't forget, though, when you breed holidays, you can only keep one from the clutch. The rest automatically go to the AP so there will always be holidays there.

You're correct, MinervaClay!

These dragons are beautiful! Thanks. Odeen!

I am beginning to get the idea that these things will be harder than Hollies to snatch off the AP next year! Everyone seems to want an army or them! I'd be happy with two, to start building a checker, but I may have a hard time getting them.  sad.gif

...Well, judging by how many Wrapping Wings there were in the AP this year... I'd say you're in luck. I'm expecting about the same amount of Solstice dragons next year. Nicely lineaged ones (Wrapping Wings) weren't so hard to grab either (unlike Yulebucks and Hollies, which I saw a lot more messy lineages than neat lineages).

AND, since maybe next year we also get an unlimited amount of Holidays from the AP... (like same as this year, get as many old as you want and get only 2 new), there might be a lot more people like me who won't freeze a CB Hatchie this time around.

Edited by kiyoura

I will happily hoard these dragons come next year, oh my!

...Well, judging by how many Wrapping Wings there were in the AP this year... I'd say you're in luck. I'm expecting about the same amount of Solstice dragons next year. Nicely lineaged ones (Wrapping Wings) weren't so hard to grab either (unlike Yulebucks and Hollies, which I saw a lot more messy lineages than neat lineages).

AND, since maybe next year we also get an unlimited amount of Holidays from the AP... (like same as this year, get as many old as you want and get only 2 new), there might be a lot more people like me who won't freeze a CB Hatchie this time around.

Oh, yes. I fully expect there to be a lot of them out there. But I also expect them to be in very high demand, which means that those of us who have a hard time catching anything from the AP will not find it easy hunting. I hope to do some trading through the year to get what I want lined up.

Do we know if the judging for the Forts has began yet? Just wondering since I've been at work most of the time.

No judging. Just get to level 25 and that gets you entered into the raffle. The event is not over yet, so the winners won't be picked until after 1/2/14.

Here is Sock's post about the timing: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=7925976

Edited by purplehaze