TJ09

2013-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

The females are the ones with the antlers, or so I've read in some email joke that makes the rounds every Christmas.

That would explain why we've got one named Vixen. |D

Sooo tomorrow night they should grow up(at least in what I consider 'tomorrow night' since I stay up during the night and sleep during the day).

My babies should be hatching later hopefully(can't tell if they have enough views or not,,,,)

I wanna thank TJ, the spriters and everyone on the DC for making this an extra special holiday!!

There was lots of gifting and happiness shared! (as well as quite a few snowballs lobbed in the Snow Wars!)

Wonderful Event!

I am so glad they are female... do they have antlers like the Yulebucks? I am excited.

And to answer your question.. Both male and female reindeer/Caribou have antlers. However, males lose their antlers before the Christmas season.. so technically if Santa's reindeer have antlers at Christmas then they are probably female.

HEHEHE

I imagine if we're talking about reindeer bending natural laws enough to fly, they could also keep their antlers longer than usual. X) Besides, antlers are probably awful for aerodynamics.

/bounces-around

So pretty! ..But do girls normally have antlers? Hehe. I reserved a few names (like "half eaten sugar cookie")

both male and female raindeer have antlers, females actually keep theirs after the rut, it helps them find food durring the winter when they need it the most due to pregnancy.

Both of my new eggs have now hatched and I have two cute little hatchlings..

Mine have hatched, They are cute little devils. smile.gif

I just ER'ed my first egg. I missed TJ's s1 hatchlings and want to see mine before I go to bed! laugh.gif

Only 23 hours to go until we see the adults! I'm so excited!!!

And my eggs both have a hole in them... aaaany minute now, hatchies! :-D

One of mine hatched, one has a giant hole.

I'm just trailing through the AP and I'm sure I just saw a Dino egg. I haven't see one of those in YEARS laugh.gif

We can't bred ours previous christmas dragons any more, can we?

I just named mine Tiny Reindeer My Butt and Frostbitten Blueberry Muffin.

I did manage the name I'm A Little Horny earlier, but I don't know if that counts as too inappropriate. LOL.

And sorry, Cleo4, we can't. Breeding of past dragons ended on Christmas.

All my babies will be hatchling soon, I might be able to snag a Yulebuck, Wrap-wing, and Winter Magi for freezing.

I hope we get some extra info. Truly I think the dragons are better when there's extra stuff that you can read up about for them. It gives them a in depth appearance.

Still going to be hard to decide which to freeze. The S1 is cute and very peculiar, but the S2 is adorable and pretty...so hard to choose but I got names figured out for my unknown and Holly.

I wish I had seen this sooner, the hatchlings are so very cute!

I can't wait to see them all grown up.