TJ09

2013-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Has anyone's eggs started cracking yet? Mine haven't, and it's starting to worry me.

Dragon Cave Wiki says:

"The images of the egg cracking sequence are currently broken."

If only all new releases were like this: only the new breed in caves(I mean in the biome(s) it's from) for e.g. 48h... *dreamy*

- for a busy stunent it works far better! At least no failures because of hunting for new eggs xd.png

Oh I hope not! While I like 2-heads and pygmies, I'm not particularly fond of the drake subclass of dragons!

Oh noes, please no! Holidays are still difficult to pair with sth... especially while sb has one-breed families scroll like me(1 MF one-breed monogamous couple and their frozen offspring: 1M,1F & 1N/A) ... Unless such holiday was a two-breed, then I don't care as long as I could pair them within their breed^^

I have to wonder with the new breed limits on the older dragons(as in being lifted), does this mean its gonna happen to these girls next year too? and from now on future holiday releases(Valentines and Christmas specifically) will be like this where when a new holiday dragon is released its set at two limit then the years after the limits removed?

edit: I only want to know this since I want to know if I can get a hatchling next year (so I can let the two i got this year grow up to help breed more 2nd gens)

Edited by Riku-Heartilly

Maybe TJ will decide on that based on the experiences with this holiday?

Personally I hope he'll do this for the odl Valentines as well and for all current & future holidays. It would be awesome!

Personally I hope he'll do this for the odl Valentines as well and for all current & future holidays. It would be awesome!

love the idea just not on the new eggs xd.png as i think that should be 2 limited makes it fairer.

Is breeding for the old holidays over, or did I get a refuse because it was a dragon I caught in the AP this year?

Is breeding for the old holidays over, or did I get a refuse because it was a dragon I caught in the AP this year?

It's over!

Well Halloween is open season so the other holidays should be as well. I LOVE my armies of Halloween dragons, LOL

Oooo, these hatchies are adorable. Can't wait for next year so I can gather more. laugh.gif

Great Christmas event, everyone. Thanks for all the hard work!

Firstly I thouht that they looks like snowflakes but that single horn doesn't match...

Firstly I thouht that they looks like snowflakes but that single horn doesn't match...

There are two actually!! smile.gif

Seems like, not only did the new unlimited catching help with the holiday wall, but it is also helping with the ap backlog. I guess since so many more people are here waiting on Christmas eggs they are picking up AP goodies. I got several nice eggies in between those myself. And I saw several hatchies fly through during the few times I could hunt the ap. So I'm guessing some people were just hatching straight to the ap, so to speak.

I didn't do great on getting bred eggs, I only tried for one pairing, but I got enough to start it. And considering my long hours this holiday, probably very good for the amount of time I had. I got a couple hollies but didn't worry too much about lineage on those as I'm not planning on doing one with them. I managed to get almost all of the frozen hatchie sprites though which makes me quite happy:D

these really remind me of fae dragons from flight rising, with the wings, interesting. i might have to collect more if i like their appearance.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Yes Yes Yes Please Please Please

I want to create Alt Sweetling Checkers!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/UJ9nC I don't know why but I figured you would enjoy this nugget I found in the AP

I got one from a similar lineage as well. Holiday Night Fury Those two species really make a good pair. happy.gif

Well, yes, they could do a "reversed" Gilded Bloodscale... wink.gif But I sure hope they won't !

Hmmm... Looking at their wing tips - they couldn't be Drakes, could they ?

You know, having them be drakes wouldn't be so bad. We need to add more Drakes to the cave since we only have two species. The pygmy species got the Pumpkin Dragon why not give the Drakes a Christmas breed or even a Valentines?

I managed to catch one and I've kept it hidden to prevent any view-bombing. Call me paranoid, but I'm not gonna risk the health of this beautiful egg. It's design is so elegant. The artist did an awesome job!

Thank you TJ, mods and spriters. This Christmas event has been a blast! From the extremely addicted snow forts to the new Christmas eggs, this holiday season has bene one of my favorites on Dragon Cave. happy.gif

Speaking of forts, is it possible to open it back up next year? during Halloween we can use the Trick or Treat event and fill up our Pumpkin badges year after year, so why not let us go out and build a new fort every year?

Edited by Syiren

I picked up my two-- I'm quite excited, this is my first christmas on dragoncave (even tho I've been a member since 2008 ^^; )

the hatchlings look pretty cute so far~