littlelizzie

Wonderland

Alice turned to look at the Furnance Hound. "Mistress?" She asked herself. "Who's the Mistress?" She whispered, looking briefly at Carmilla. "He'll come. He just needs to learn that you won't harm anyone. Right?" She asked the hound, her eyes meeting his. She quickly looked away and hollered for Jed again, wondering why the dog-like creature was following them. "If one of us is his Mistress... Well, that would be interesting." She thought with a slight smile.

Edited by littlelizzie

Iceblood listened, tilting his head a fraction to one side. "You are my Mistress, and I will... seriously injure anything that dares lay one claw on you." He kept her gaze for a while. "That is my duty. I serve and protect whichever human I come in to contact with after my previous master either releases me or dies." He shrugged. "Whichever comes first."

Alice frowned. "Wait, so I'm your master?" She was shocked. "No, I can't be your master. I mean, that's nice of you but I can be okay by myself." She stumbled over her words. She couldn't have a servant. She would get too attached. She was already too attached to too many people. It would be harder for her to leave when she needed to. "Did your last master release you? Or did they die?" She asked, mentally smacking herself. Why did she have to be curious?

Iceblood chuckled. "You're my Mistress, and there's very little you can do about it, unless you wish to... free me?" He shook his head at the idea. "Nah, I don't think anyone's done that yet." He paused as he listened to what she said next. "My old Master? He died. Like the one before him. And the one before her. And the one before her. And the one before him... As I said. No one's released me yet." Almost as an afterthought, he added, "And don't think I'm doing this by choice. If I could, I would have killed half of you. Such is the nature of us Furnace Hounds."

As Jed heard his name called from a great distance, he raised his large head. He blinked the remainder of sleep from his eyes and stood slowly, stretching his long legs. His tail stood suspended in air, twitching every once in a while. By a sniff of the air, Jed could tell they were too great a distance to walk it. Jed vanished, leaving nothing but a pop, then reappears next to Carmilla. A low hiss escaped his lips as his eyes set on the dog. "You idiots!" he cried, climbing up Alice's back to perch on her shoulders. Jed's claws slid out of his paws, ready to attack the hound.

((Well, okay. Alice ran into a creature in the beginning of the roleplay, and she was found by the Cheshire Cat and the Dormouse. The creature accidentally cut her and she got all healed, and then they all went to the Hatter's house. They found Iceblood and he sat outside of the house, and now Alice and the Dormouse are staying at the Hatter's. He has to clean so they walked away and are noe exploring and yup.))

Alice was about to respond to the hound, but Jed suddenly appeared. She rubbed his head to calm him down and slid her hand under his paws to get his claws out of the fabric of his shirt. "Calm down, Jed. He won't hurt us. I'm apparently his... Mistress." She said slowly, looking the hound over. "What's your name, first off?" She asked calmly, petting Jed's head.

Edited by littlelizzie

Carmilla heart nearly skipped a beat when Jed appeared next to her. Gosh does she hate it when he does that. "It's nothing you stupid cat, he's not hostile, just go away!" She exclaimed loudly, throwing her arms out. Why couldn't he just go away? She eyed Jed's paws, watching as the claws slipped out. "Oh no you don't." She muttered, plucking him off Alice and holding him to her chest. He was so soft. (happy.gif) "Don't hurt the dog. He's... Nice... More or less."

(Okay so, there was this demon and he was like all "Arrg get away from my babies!" To Alice, and she was all "Nooo! Don't kill me!" Then Jed and Carmilla came in and they were all like "Noo! Don't kill her!" And then the demon was all like "You guys are bullies!" And then he like ran away.

Then, Alice, Carmilla and Jed went to the Mad Hatter and they were all like "Yay! Food!" Then Jed was all like "I smell a dog- I hate dogs!" So then he was like hissing, and Carmilla was like holding a knife. Then Jed decided to go away and Carmilla and Alice were all like "Sleepover!" To the Mad Hatter and he was like "Okay! But I have to clean first!"

Then Alice and Carmilla left and they met the Furnace Hound and he was like all "I am your father!" To Alice.)

Edited by mipuppy1

Finally. They were treating him as at least some sort of equal. Although, maybe that was because they were finally realizing what he was and why he was here. "I am Iceblood." He said, not even sparing the cat a glance. They always did this. Instead, he just spoke to it. "Do not worry, cat. I will not hurt you as long as you make no move against my mistress, or I am commanded to... hurt you by her."

(Great re-cap, mipuppy xd.png)

Jed squirmed in Carmilla's arms as she held him against her chest. "Ar-Geroff me, woman!" Unable to resist her arms, he went still and burrowed his arm into her elbow. She felt warm, honestly, and it was very cold out. There was only so much his fur could do.

"Iceblood?" Alice asked, looking at Jed. She pet his head and then looked at Carmilla, "It's probably best if you don't hold him like that. He might hurt you." She said, looking back at Iceblood. "I would never ask you to hurt Jed. He's my best friend. I just hope he realizes you aren't an enemy. Maybe we could all try to get along." She said, rubbing Jed's chin. She saw he burrowed into Carmilla's arms and smiled, pulling her hand away.

Edited by littlelizzie

So he hated being snuggled? Carmilla smirked, "Sorry Jed, its my hobby to snuggle stupid animals." To be honest, she did enjoy cuddling him, he was so cute and fluffy! Okay, cats weren't cute, but fluffy. Yes. Fluffy. Jed hating it was another bonus. She held him to her tighter, squishing him. "Aww, who's a fluffy kitty?" She mocked, flipping him over and cradling him like a baby.

After Alice told her to put down the cat, it didn't occur to Carmilla that she should probably do it. Unless she wanted him to morph human and then he would be the one holding her. That would be awkward. She took a step back, then loosened her arms so the cat would fall on the ground.

(Thanks, Poppy biggrin.gif)

Edited by mipuppy1

He hesitated for a second, before bowing his head a fraction. "As you wish. If he attacks you, though... Then I'm afraid instincts might take over." He looked up toward the sky, his skull giving no hints as to what thoughts were running through Iceblood's mind. That was an advantage of having a skull for a head. It meant you were completely unreadable. It was impossible to tell exactly what he was thinking unless you had some pretty good mind-reading skills.

"I'm pretty sure he won't attack me. After all, he hasn't done so for the whole time I've known him." Alice said with a smile, kneeling down by the Furnace Hound. "So, most of the master's you've had died?" She asked. Well, Alice didn't plan on dying in Wonderland. That meant she would probably have to release him. She frowned at the thought but quickly wiped it away, looking back up at Jed and Carmilla.

Edited by littlelizzie

Iceblood nodded. "Every single one of them. You silly humans and your mortality..." He stood, stretching out and yawning. "Don't worry, though. Being around me doesn't do anything bad to you. If anything, I help a lot more than I injure. My masters, that is. Every human under my protection has lived rather normal lives. Or at least, for those in Wonderland."

((Hm... Maybe be watching the characters and then yell at them?))

"Well, I don't plan on dying." Alice said, watching Iceblood. "What kind of things do you do to protect your masters?" She asked, looking around. "How long have you even been around? Oh, wait. You don't have to answer all of my questions. You're free to talk whenever you want, and you can go wherever you please. I'm not, like, releasing you or anything. Just saying that so you know." Alice said quickly, unsure of how to treat her new servant.

((Can I reserve the Queen of Hearts/Vivaldi?))

Runa landed on the ground with a grunt. OK, jumping down that rabbit hole had been a mistake. But she'd had no other choice, hadn't she? Peter and his gang were tormenting her again, and she'd run into the park, desperate for somewhere to hide. She didn't want to have rocks thrown at her.

Sitting up and dusting herself off, she looked around. Well, this was a strange place. It reminded her of...what was that place called? Dreamland? No...Wonderland, that was it! There huge mushrooms lining the forest path, and she briefly wondered if she would grow into a giant if she ate one of them.

She stood up and walked down the path, limply slightly due to a cut above her right knee. She heard some voices up ahead and followed them to their source, seeing a dark-haired girl with some sort of beast. Runa's head spun. What was this place? Maybe she had knocked her head on a tree in the park and was dreaming. But the pain from her leg was too real. How strange.

"Hey!" She yelled from her place in the bushes. She didn't care if the girl shrank away at her looks. If she was with that monster-thing, then Runa wouldn't seem that strange. "Can you tell me where I am?"

((The Queen of Hearts died. None of the royals are alive. Sorry.))

Before Iceblood could answer, Alice heard shouting. She looked up and saw a white figure in the bushes, and she squinted her eyes. She realized it was another human and quickly stood, jogging over to her. "Welcome to Wonderland." She said quickly, kneeling down to look into the bushes. "This place you just landed in, yeah, it's Wonderland." She said, trying to get a better look at the girl.

Iceblood turned his head a fraction, settling into a defensive pose. Stranger jumping out of a bush. Yeah, that could be seen as a threat. He felt a growl rise in his throat, taking a hesitant step forward as his Mistress walked over to the human. "Do not throw your trust around so easily, Mistress." He said, his tail rising slightly. "You would not believe how many masters of mine have died when telling me they did not need my services."

((Yeah, I know. tongue.gif I meant after you posted. Urgh.))

Runa blinked. "OK...so, why am I here? D'you know?" She looked poast the girl at the hound-thing. "And what's that? Oh, also, I'm Runa. Runa Sechandra."

((Ugh. Short.))

Edited by Techno_Elf

(I'm here guys I swear! Sorry, sorry, Pokemon Y has taken over my life)

As he was tossed towards the ground, Jedheld his paws out, not ready to fall onto the hard dirt. He fell gracefully, first on hiss front two feet, his back feet following behind him. Jed looked up at Carmilla, a disgruntled look on his face. His fur puffed out a bit. His attention being stolen from Carmilla and to the girl ALice was with, he mewed mostly to himself, "Who is she?" He was captivated momentarily by the girl's beauty, his face stricken with awe. Regardless of her rough state, she was still pretty. He began padding towards the two, curious about the girl.

(Hey, if Carmilla can like someone so can he xd.png)

((Hahaha, me too! It's so addicting xd.png Also, can we all delete our only OOC posts? I'm picky, I know. Sorry x.x))

Alice looked down as Jed walked over to her, and she scooped him up into her arms. She rubbed his head and then looked back at the girl. "Runa? That's a cool name. I'm Alice." She smiled, scratching Jed's chin. "I have no idea why you're in Wonderland. There are only a few humans around, and I'm one of them." She looked behind her as Runa did, and she saw Iceblood was slowly approaching. "That's a Furnace Hound. His name is Iceblood. He's apparently my servant." She said slowly, looking back at Runa. "I know this is all surprising, but I can help you out if you want. I've helped other humans before."