DarkEternity

Lifting the Holiday limit

On one hand, I think opening up competition for the older dragons will frustrate the newer users that still don't have any of them, because people who already have them will be able to grab them up again for the first time.

On the other hand, the people who already have them and are getting new ones for the second time are obviously long-term players, and might be more likely than average to continue playing until next Christmas, when they will be able to breed all of their new catches in addition to their original pair, thus putting more Christmas eggs into the pool for next year than may have been there before, when only relatively new players could pick up old eggs, and there was no way of knowing if they'd be inclined to keep playing until next year.

I am an (more or less) active player since september 2009, the release of the Snow Angels was the first release I took part in (I never really looked into the forums the first few years, though). Ever since then, I grabbed the new Christmas dragons of each year and tried to get the ones I missed out. Last year I finally got my first Holly (it was a gift from an awesome person).

So, when Christmas got closer this year, I was hoping for an incredible Holiday event, as the breeding season doesn't really matter for me. Usually I bred my Christmas dragons for the AP, but I already bred only a few of them last year, because I saw how clogged the AP was.

I thought this Christmas event would be rather boring for me, as I didn't want to breed for an AP wall and couldn't breed something for myself.

Now I am so surprised about the limits being lifted that I have no idea what I should do xd.png

But it is great, although I understand that it will make it harder to get nice Holiday dragons for those who have none yet. I will stick to the old limit for Hollies, though, because I think they are already rare enough. No need for people to hoard them and making them even more rare.

I really like that we can collect more holiday dragons! Love it. But like others said it'll make it that much harder...

Plus I actually sorta liked that not all the holidays were stressful like Halloween (trading like mad to get more, etc) but well... now they are lD I was sorta looking forward to just sitting back and relaxing this week since I had all the past holidays. Not anymore!

Edited by Kaini

I like it, purely because I can freeze BOTH a mature and ungendered yulebuck hatchling AND get and adult! smile.gif

EDIT: user posted image

user posted image

Feel the cuteness!!!

Edited by Saltpath

I like it, purely because I can freeze BOTH a mature and ungendered yulebuck hatchling AND get and adult! smile.gif

^This. I think it was totally worth it! *squeals joyfully*

Totally worth it. I can now make a small Yulebuck army. I do wish that the limit was removed for this years holiday that will be released on the 25th though. But I'm really just happy that "old" Christmas breeds don't have a limit.

Entirely worth it, this has added so much excitement to my DC Christmas! Now I can collect frozen Christmas hatchlings, build Christmas checkerboard lineages, go Holly hunting in the AP, and know that the nicely-lineaged Christmas eggs I breed will be snatched up and appreciated. In my opinion this is a fantastic change.

I love it! I've already bred all my Christmas dragons and kept one egg from each breed, just to get more of each breed smile.gif, so yes, this was a great decision!

To be honest, I am personally glad that the limit has been lifted. The older players who have already caught the older Christmas eggs used to have nothing to do than to hope and try to get a Holly.

However, I am afraid that this change makes it more difficult for newer players to catch one of each kind.

I'm a new player, and found it a bit hard to catch the eggs. I'm scrolllocked now with one of each breed, including a messy holly, since I was gifted so many. So, my goal of getting at least of of each, done.

I'm... I don't know. I love the idea of, holy sheeps I can get as many wrapping wings as I like (they are my favorite), and I can freeze hatchlings, too! But at the same time, for someone with slower internet, I find it really hard to compete with the older players. I was looking forward to more, being able to be a bit choosy because older players had their limits.

I like the fact that CB's will be limited to two, as well.. So I really don't know. tongue.gif

Absolutely. It was high time the limits were lifted as the entire situation was ridiculous.

Hopefully this will be applied to the valentines releases, too. smile.gif

This year everyone only had two at most to breed so there's a shortage, but next year should be better since people will have more adults, including the new ones.

I like this decision.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Hopefully this will be applied to the valentines releases, too. smile.gif

*pause* OK, NOW I'm excited. :0 I'd love get three or four Heartseekers and Rosebuds. xd.png

Anyway, I used to think this limit lift would make it really hard to catch stuff... however, I did catch a Holly in the AP. After eight hours, but still. It's a little messy, but who cares~ I'll be able to gift Hollies next year. <3

Edited by Beldarius

Totally worth it. Let's wait and see how long it takes for the AP to fill up anyway. Because, let's face it: If someone has two adults of each Christmas dragon and breeds all of them - that's between 1 x 12 and 4 x 12 new Christmas dragons. Which gives us an average of what, 2.5 x 12, meaning 1.5 x 12 for the AP.

Definitely worth it!

After the AP wall of Xmas dragons last year I wasn't even planing on breeding mine this year (except my Holly) and I think a lot of people felt the same, so there will actually be more dragons getting bred this year than there would have been if the limits hadn't been raised. I've bred most of my Xmas dragons, I still have 2 or 3 left to breed which I'll probably do later tonight.

I really, really love this change.

Honestly, I wasn't planing to do much this Christmas other than breeding for trading my Holly, but now this motivates me to do far more than that~

I love it! I have always wanted frozen Holiday hatchies, but never wanted to sacrifice my second cb for it. Hope the same applies to Valentines!

I'm not sure.

I don't like that it's so hard now to get eggs. I clicked hours for a 2nd gen even gen Yule.

But the option to freeze the abolutley cute Yule hachies...Great!

If I would be TJ; I would make something like this:

-Only two adults per scroll of every breed

-plus two frozen hatchies.

I'm thrilled with the change! I now can breed my past holiday dragons & not worry that they'll just end up unwanted. I can't wait to add some frozen hatchies to my scroll, & I really hope this change will apply to next Valentine's as well! (2nd gen alt sweetling babies!!!)

I love it. Even I, with this slow netbook and no mouse, I was able to catch 4 yules in a little while (settled with three, not the best lineages but I think I can do something with them).

It was hard on the first hours. As days pass it will be much easier.

Finally we will be able to get a complete set including frozen hatchlings. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Edited by Rally Vincent

I really don't understand why people are flipping tables over hollies. I have the slowest connection of any of my friends, and I somehow snagged my first-ever one. It's totally possible. It's been less than 24 hours since it began, you have over a week, and people will be filling their scrolls up. Just breathe.

I like that it happened, but I wish it would have gone something like this:

Days 1-2-3: Limit of 2 still remains, allowing users that don't have these dragons first access to them.

Days 4-end: Limit is lifted, allowing a free-for-all for the remaining eggs.

Although it has kind of increased competition for eggs - especially Hollys which goodness knows are nigh-on impossible to catch - I'm glad.

My two Yulebucks were caught back when I was fairly new to DC and both have messy lineages. Whilst I'm still grateful and love them, I'm glad that now I've developed an interest in lineages, I can catch a Holly which I can breed to make offspring which are nicely lineaged smile.gif

Edited by azaria