TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

Was it stated anywhere what will become of our forts after the Event?

I assume like the trees, gingerbread houses, etc - that we will be able to see them, but not edit them.

However, what if your fort is attacked before the end - and not repaired? Would it be on display on your scroll with the damage? Or fully repaired?

I just finished the last of my hunting and bred the last of my Christmas dragons, in the nick of time.

While I, like everyone else had hope of catching a 2nd gen Holly, I am quite content with my Holly haul. It was frustrating as I initially caught 16 Hollies (no easy task) and every single one had incredibly messy lineages! So I ended up doing what I never thought I would ever do with a Holly....chucked them back into the AP for others to grab. However my luck turned at the end and I finally caught some lovely short lineaged ones.

I also bred and caught some lovely Ribbon Dancers, Yules and Snow Angels. Once again with these it seemed that so many I picked up in the AP had messy, inbred lineages. But in the end I am happy with what I have.

Definitely the funnest Christmas so far. smile.gif

Edited by Dubious

I spent at least 10 hours trying to catch a single Holly. NOPE. Not a single one. Love the snow forts though, LOL

Was it stated anywhere what will become of our forts after the Event?

I assume like the trees, gingerbread houses, etc - that we will be able to see them, but not edit them.

However, what if your fort is attacked before the end - and not repaired? Would it be on display on your scroll with the damage? Or fully repaired?

Most people, myself included, are hoping the forts will be saved in pristine condition.

It's been fun this year, and really enjoyed keeping atleast one of my dragon's babies. Didn't really have much luck catching on the AP (my connection is slow as dirt). But really happy with what I got, hoping others got what they needed too.

Then the best gift came this morn, my CB male gold finally gave me a gold egg. (happy dance) it's been since Feb. 2011 since his last gold egg.

Thank you everyone for making this a great Holiday!

Edited by ridshadowfox

I've got some questions about snow forts, hope this is the right place to ask. I was in the hospital when the event began so I'm playing catch up. How high a level do you have to be before you get the corner towers and trees?

Thank you!

I've got some questions about snow forts, hope this is the right place to ask. I was in the hospital when the event began so I'm playing catch up. How high a level do you have to be before you get the corner towers and trees?

Thank you!

Not sure what you meant by corner towers (although it's 4a.m. here so I might be reading wrong) - did you mean any of these? You get them at level 15. Trees are obtained at level 25. There's a whole bunch of information here. wink.gif

Less than four minutes to do last (quite literally) minute Christmas breeding, everyone! Get to it if you haven't already. XP

I've been having a lot of fun with my first christmas on DC. I managed to get myself some really nice second and third gen holiday dragons..all of them except a Holly. Apparently they are really sought after lol

I'm still on the fence on if this no-limits thing is fun or not. This was the FIRST TIME EVER that I've actually deliberately looked at lineages while breeding, because I've seen *SO* many people saying they've been throwing back "messy" lineages. I don't think I've ever deliberately bred a 2nd-gen-pretty in my life before today. And I don't really care for it. But I don't want my "messy" eggs to die after they get abandoned, either.

However, having more of each Christmas breed has *finally* kicked my butt into gear about naming them. I guess that's a good thing, *especially* if that motivation can spread to naming the past year's worth of dragons that I've been neglecting.

Not sure what you meant by corner towers (although it's 4a.m. here so I might be reading wrong) - did you mean any of these? You get them at level 15. Trees are obtained at level 25. There's a whole bunch of information here. wink.gif

Less than four minutes to do last (quite literally) minute Christmas breeding, everyone! Get to it if you haven't already. XP

Thank you that was very helpful yes that link showed me was the tower I was asking about. I'm level 25, but none of the higher level snow items, like the corner tower are showing as available to me.

It looks like a lot of people waited until riiiiiight before midnight to breed their Holiday dragons.

I wasn't hunting the AP at the time, but if anyone was watching, were there a lot of Hollies in the last 20 minutes or so?

I'm still on the fence on if this no-limits thing is fun or not. This was the FIRST TIME EVER that I've actually deliberately looked at lineages while breeding, because I've seen *SO* many people saying they've been throwing back "messy" lineages. I don't think I've ever deliberately bred a 2nd-gen-pretty in my life before today. And I don't really care for it. But I don't want my "messy" eggs to die after they get abandoned, either.

However, having more of each Christmas breed has *finally* kicked my butt into gear about naming them. I guess that's a good thing, *especially* if that motivation can spread to naming the past year's worth of dragons that I've been neglecting.

I know what you mean about on the fence with the ability to breed. I love the idea of having more dragons to breed next year, but I worried about my babies with anything other than 2nd gen finding good homes and making it to adulthood. As it is, someone asked me to specifically breed them a 3rd gen and one of its siblings ended up frozen. Granted, I had a 2nd gen magi produce one egg last year and it ended up frozen. It's things like that that make me sad because I was deliberately doing some picky breeding.

@Renorei- I didn't see any really and I refreshed constantly.

@ginevra- You may not have enough snow to purchase them. It hides fort pieces that cost more than the amount of snow that you have.

Edited by Jazeki

Whew! Finally caught not one but two Hollies. They're messy but it's better than not having one. And one of them is a Thuwed. xd.png

Thanks all for this awesome event, had a blast especially with the snow fort smile.gif

Whew! Finally caught not one but two Hollies. They're messy but it's better than not having one. And one of them is a Thuwed. xd.png

Same! I'm just so happy to finally have a couple of Hollies after all these years, haha. Can't wait to see what the new Christmas dragons look like!

Thank you Jazeki, that answered my question.

Next question I thought we could have more than two of the older Holiday dragons. If so, why did the Holly I bred auto abandon?

Thank you!

I think it's still a constant that you can only have one egg out of your bred brood (or w/e it's called); if no eggs are picked after a certain time it's auto-abandoned

I think it's still a constant that you can only have one egg out of your bred brood (or w/e it's called); if no eggs are picked after a certain time it's auto-abandoned

I thought that too, and had picked one, but they where all gone when I got home.

Thank you for your help!

That's the one thing that annoyed me about this whole thing. The only keeping ONE from your litter. I promised a holly to a friend, so I ended up with NO hollies this year at all because I couldn't catch any with the insane forum lag. In future, I would like the option of keeping one, and GIFTING one. It IS in keeping with the event.

Edited by saltywench

I thought that too, and had picked one, but they where all gone when I got home.

Thank you for your help!

Limits were removed on previous holiday breeds, but the egg limits and "living things" limits is still in place. You probably had your maximum amount of eggs and it saved it for an hour before abandoning due to lack of room.

Other than that, I can only guess a bug and some bad luck.

I've enjoyed this Christmas event. Not as active an event as in years past, but still fun. I wish we could have built higher in our forts. Anyway, I have had fun and I thank the Spriter's and TJ who have all made this possible.

Hoping everyone had a Merry Christmas...

Husky

Phew, what a Christmas.

I had thought this would be a calm holiday - I planned to breed my holidays for those who asked me for it, trade my Holly's offspring for a second one and grab the new eggs, things that would have taken only a few minutes to do. Instead, beyond me lie seven days of extreme AP hunting and trading. It was sooo stressful, but also so much fun. I feel a bit bad about spending most of my Christmas on Dragon Cave, but it was definitely worth it. ^__^

When I read that limits had been raised, I made a list with 18 holiday pairings I liked and wanted to see what I could find in the AP. Eventually, I became so obsessed with hunting and trading for them that I managed to get my hands on 15 of the 18 pairings and some other beautiful 2nd gens I discovered. I somehow even managed to catch a 3rd gen Holly in the AP. *__* And there were so many nice people breeding and gifting to me! I'll never forget Ruby Eyes who caught an egg from my list and spend some time searching through the trade posts to find out who had been looking for that exact lineage. In the end, I got 2 Hollies, 2 Yulebucks, 3 Snow Angels, 5 Ribbon Dancers, 4 Winter Magis and 7 Wrapping Wings plus some frozen hatchlings. Wow.

Next year I'll definitely be more on the gifting side and try to continue some of the lineages I caught in the past days. I'd also like to contribute some Hollies to the Holly Contest 2014 (I suppose it'll take place again), because I really admire its participants - I'd never have the patience to hoard so many dragons. You've really earned yourself your Hollies! :3

A big thank you to everyone who contributed to make this year's Christmas event so much fun!

Phew, what a Christmas.

I had thought this would be a calm holiday - I planned to breed my holidays for those who asked me for it, trade my Holly's offspring for a second one and grab the new eggs, things that would have taken only a few minutes to do. Instead, beyond me lie seven days of extreme AP hunting and trading. It was sooo stressful, but also so much fun. I feel a bit bad about spending most of my Christmas on Dragon Cave, but it was definitely worth it. ^__^

When I read that limits had been raised, I made a list with 18 holiday pairings I liked and wanted to see what I could find in the AP. Eventually, I became so obsessed with hunting and trading for them that I managed to get my hands on 15 of the 18 pairings and some other beautiful 2nd gens I discovered. I somehow even managed to catch a 3rd gen Holly in the AP. *__* And there were so many nice people breeding and gifting to me! I'll never forget Ruby Eyes who caught an egg from my list and spend some time searching through the trade posts to find out who had been looking for that exact lineage. In the end, I got 2 Hollies, 2 Yulebucks, 3 Snow Angels, 5 Ribbon Dancers, 4 Winter Magis and 7 Wrapping Wings plus some frozen hatchlings. Wow.

Next year I'll definitely be more on the gifting side and try to continue some of the lineages I caught in the past days. I'd also like to contribute some Hollies to the Holly Contest 2014 (I suppose it'll take place again), because I really admire its participants - I'd never have the patience to hoard so many dragons. You've really earned yourself your Hollies! :3

A big thank you to everyone who contributed to make this year's Christmas event so much fun!

Definitely everything you said biggrin.gif Luckily obsessive not stressful my side as time off work for holidays but have really enjoyed this event. Have gifted and been gifted and it has just been marvellous

Edited by lilacamy931

My tally of Christmas eggs was two of each from the last five Christmas' bred from my own dragons and one of each of the last five Christmas' picked up from the AP then a couple of the new eggs. Didn't manage to get a holly this time around but maybe I'll have luck next year?