TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

After getting two of the new holiday eggs and a messy Yulebuck- and a messy Snow Angel-egg I now only need a messy Wrapping Wing to freeze as S1 and I'll have all my wishes fullfilled - for now. xd.png

Luckily I found the Snow Angel with 4d7h so I can go AP-stalking again later today. <3

My apologies if this has already been asked but could someone please confirm when breeding stops for previous years' Christmas dragons? Is it tonight or does it coincide with the end of the drop?

Thank you & Merry Christmas all

I *really* wish we could just "gift" snow to lower-level people or something... I'm leveled out, my fort is exactly how I want it to be, but I'm still getting snow. 320 units right now. Don't really want to just go around attacking random forts if it does nothing for my exp anymore... Hmm.

I know this has been asked but I can't find the answer in the thread - what's the maximum level?

Maximum is 25.

I wonder what we'll get as raffle prizes...shimmer-scales again or a new prize dragon?

I'm wondering myself. The event page on the site just says it's a chance at a 'rare' dragon. I believe previous raffles said 'exclusive'...so a part of me is wondering if no prize dragons are being given away this year.

Got my X-mas dragon fill, built my fort, now fingers crossed for the raffle.

Can't wait to see what the prizes will be this year.

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone!

Wonder if the prize will be Shimmers again this year. They did Tinsels for two years, after all.

Also, next year we should probably have ugly sweater decorating for the event.

That should probably happen.

They did Tinsels two years, but the CB Shimmers equal the two years of CB tinsels. i bet it's something new! wink.gif

And no, not the ugly sweater! blink.gif Maybe decorating and hanging stockings on the mantle? Or loading and decorating Santa's sleigh? But NOT the ugly sweater!!!!!

It's weird, scrolling down my dragons and seeing two adult Holly dragons there, just hanging out above my Yulebucks...I've just had one since '09. Almost as weird as seeing more than two of the others.

question how much longer do we have to be able to breed our christmas adult dragons from previous years any one know

Edited by Twilight_Moon_Racer

question how much longer do we have to be able to breed our christmas adult dragons from previous years any one know

Less than 6 hours.

They did Tinsels two years, but the CB Shimmers equal the two years of CB tinsels. i bet it's something new! wink.gif

And no, not the ugly sweater! blink.gif Maybe decorating and hanging stockings on the mantle? Or loading and decorating Santa's sleigh? But NOT the ugly sweater!!!!!

Or maybe it's giving presents to other users.

Oh c'mon, ugly sweaters are fantastic. biggrin.gif

Gift giving would be kinda fun, too. Like the flower and card things that they've done for Valentine's.

More holiday dragons is definitely a weird thing to see on my scroll, as well. Good, but weird.

Oh wow! I tried my luck at summoning on Christmas, and it worked! Yay!

Congrats! I got a successful summoning this week too!!

On another note, I wonder what the January release is gonna be like. Would it be like the Nhiostrifes?

Was it stated anywhere what will become of our forts after the Event?

I assume like the trees, gingerbread houses, etc - that we will be able to see them, but not edit them.

However, what if your fort is attacked before the end - and not repaired? Would it be on display on your scroll with the damage? Or fully repaired?

I just finished the last of my hunting and bred the last of my Christmas dragons, in the nick of time.

While I, like everyone else had hope of catching a 2nd gen Holly, I am quite content with my Holly haul. It was frustrating as I initially caught 16 Hollies (no easy task) and every single one had incredibly messy lineages! So I ended up doing what I never thought I would ever do with a Holly....chucked them back into the AP for others to grab. However my luck turned at the end and I finally caught some lovely short lineaged ones.

I also bred and caught some lovely Ribbon Dancers, Yules and Snow Angels. Once again with these it seemed that so many I picked up in the AP had messy, inbred lineages. But in the end I am happy with what I have.

Definitely the funnest Christmas so far. smile.gif

Edited by Dubious