TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

For Hollies? I was able to influence both of the Holly eggs I picked up. Those are the only influencable Christmas dragons.

I was talking about year order.

We had Hollies, Yulebucks (hollies both gender, yulebuck male), snow angels, ribbon dancers (female), winter magi, wrapping wing (male). Valentines also have a pattern.

whats the limit on levels for chucking snowballs at people I got up to level 13 so I feel I am almost at the max level soon......Or maybe not who knows

whats the limit on levels for chucking snowballs at people I got up to level 13 so I feel I am almost at the max level soon......Or maybe not who knows

Max is 25 I think

Checked this late...kind of amazed by the no egg limit. In a way I'm excited, but I'm also saddened by that. The whole "give rather than receive" element of the holiday loses something if everyone's grabbing for more and more eggs..

It also means people are hoarding hollies and people with a slow connection are getting none.

Takes away the 'rarity' value as well.

Edited by blobber

It also means people are hoarding hollies and people with a slow connection are getting none.

Takes away the 'rarity'  value as well.

A lot of us are giving away holly eggs though. I was planning on keeping my bred one and another one I caught but ended up gifting them away. I have seen more users do the exact same thing.

Edited by flitzthesoulreaper

I was talking about year order.

We had Hollies, Yulebucks (hollies both gender, yulebuck male), snow angels, ribbon dancers (female), winter magi, wrapping wing (male). Valentines also have a pattern.

Ohhhhh, I understand now. Sorry, totally misread what you were saying. laugh.gif You're absolutely right - we can probably anticipate a female this year. tongue.gif

I'm only keeping the things I breed, and the extras go to the AP.

I should breed my WWs today at the latest though, them hatchies are so adorable ;-; Look at them

user posted imageuser posted image

/Look at them/

I wonder if we'll ever get pygmy or two-headed Christmas dragons?

I'd really like to see a two-headed one come up soon. We've added so many two-headed dragon to the mix. smile.gif

Woohoo, I've almost reached level 25 now! I'm looking forward to being able to focus more on building up, with more snow accumulation. *g*

I dunno how much hope there is for me getting the specific lineages of older holiday dragons that I want at this point, but at least I should be able to get most of the adorable frozen hatchlings I've been wanting... I'm having so much fun with this. ^^

(Seriously, though, I have no idea how people are catching multiple Hollies. I've seen a ton this year, and I've been trying for them like crazy, but I haven't yet caught a single one. Guess my internet's too bad to have any hope of getting what I'd like outside of trading... Still, it'd be really fun to actually have the excitement of catching one for myself. XD)

Edited by Imbecamiel

Sadly most of the hollies I've caught are messy. :'c Only 4 or 5 have been 3rd gens.

Oh well, gotta keep trying for those elusive 2nd gens! Thankfully it seems easier to catch them today than it was yesterday.

woho, managed to catch all the different christmas breeds exept from a holly ~~ hopefully i'll manage soon. It's my first christmas at dragcave, so im really happy i managed to get one of all the others, at least

I finally made it to level 25, apparently. :3 yaaaaay! From now on I can actually try to build stuff.

Edit: Uh so I'm at max level but my badge is still silver instead of gold. What gives?

Edited by TwilitProphet

The problem with Hollies, I think, is us breeders are getting mixed messages. I see a lot of concern about not being able to get a Holly because of the non-limits, but then I also see a LOT of negativity over picking up higher or "messy" lineages. So do I want to breed my Holly and *hope* that it goes to someone who'll be grateful for it? Maybe I'll just offer it in trade or something.

The problem with Hollies, I think, is us breeders are getting mixed messages. I see a lot of concern about not being able to get a Holly because of the non-limits, but then I also see a LOT of negativity over picking up higher or "messy" lineages. So do I want to breed my Holly and *hope* that it goes to someone who'll be grateful for it? Maybe I'll just offer it in trade or something.

I get what you're saying here! Heck a messy Holly, clean Holly... they are all BEAUTIFUL to me!

I treasure the one I was able to get <3

I got lucky the first day. I was on around 6am cave time and was able to grab two hollies while on my iPad. I threw one of them back, because I knew I was getting an IOU for one later.

I'm really tired to hearing about being "greedy" or "hoarding" every time a special event happens. It really kills the mood for me. sad.gif No matter what, you can still only keep one of the eggs you breed, so there should still be plenty that hit the AP. The way I see it, the more Hollies that go out there, the more will hit the AP in the future!

I don't get this either. But then again, I never cared much for "pretty" linages, and always found the big, and messy things much more interesting. The more crap there is, the funnier it looks.

So screw linages, i just want a Holly. Time To head back to AP

The snow fort game is really cool! Thanks to everyone who helped put it together.

Thank you TJ for lifting the breed limit on Christmas Dragons. biggrin.gif!! <3

So screw linages, i just want a Holly. Time To head back to AP

Yes, really, I hope to get a Holly this year... maybe :| Gonna stalk the AP a bit.

Been stalking the AP for some decent lineaged Yulebuck-a-roos (many failed attempts so far ^^; ) and what's all this snow throwing I'm hearing about? ohmy.gif

I've caught a few hollies, but so far they've all been ultra messies. I'm still holding out hope that I'll catch a two breed lineage. Pretty sure a 2nd gen is just a far away dream at this stage. tongue.gif Hahaha.