TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

Gotta finally manage to catch a holly tomorrow after my current eggs hatch. Never managed one yet, so hoping to get at least 1 this year.

That said, snow me! xd.png Still low leveled, and determined to get to 25 xd.png

Um....I thought the AP would be full with Christmas eggs - but there are not many Christmas eggs. Is that normal? (<= first DC christmas for me)

And feel free to attack my fort wink.gif

From what I hear No this is not normal ... however are new rules now with no limits on past dragons. So considering that, it should not be normal. Keep refreshing, you will see some in AP wink.gif

It is normal that this early into a holiday there is no holiday wall. (even in the days of the limits, it was difficult early on)

mine still saying scroll limited.

Like you cannot actually pick up the eggs at all, or on the Help - breed limit page it still says you're maxed? Because the help page and the breeding page both talk about breed limits still, but you should be able to pick something up regardless.

It is normal that this early into a holiday there is no holiday wall. (even in the days of the limits, it was difficult early on)

More different than normal, methinks. Lack of limits definitely helps boost the demand. :D

~

Ahhh, I just saw some of the higher level snow items. Can't wait till I hit the level cap and have lots of spare snow to build with. XD

LOL, I'm already so impatient with the rate of snow accumulation. I wanna buiiiilld so much. xd.png Has anyone written out a list of when you start to get faster accumulation rates? (I think I saw someone say that when you got to the max level it was 9/hr.)

From what I hear No this is not normal ... however are new rules now with no limits on past dragons. So considering that, it should not be normal. Keep refreshing, you will see some in AP wink.gif

Many people with CB Christmas dragons are going to keep their bred eggs for breeding projects because of the new "no limit" rule so yeah...

I am really happy and relieved that I got all Christmas dragons for free from awesome players yesterday, really. I feel bad for the people who have no time to spend hours in front of DC and who have a slow internet connection. Like me.

If I hadn't asked a nice and trustworthy person for Christmas eggs months beforehand and if I hadn't been lucky yesterday to get an egg from the Departure thread I guess I would be deep in censorkip.gif and in panic right now.

LOL, I'm already so impatient with the rate of snow accumulation. I wanna buiiiilld so much. XD Has anyone written out a list of when you start to get faster accumulation rates? (I think I saw someone say that when you got to the max level it was 9/hr.)

Me too. XD

I pulled this from one of the Snowball Fight FAQs threads:

1 - 0 exp - 1 snow/hour

2 - 1 exp - 1 snow/hour

3 - 2 exp - 1 snow/hour

4 - 5 exp - 1 snow/hour

5 - 8 exp - 2 snow/hour

6 - 11 exp - 2 snow/hour

7 - 14 exp - 2 snow/hour

8 - 17 exp - 2 snow/hour

9 - 20 exp - 2 snow/hour

10 - 23 exp - 3 snow/hour

11 - 27 exp - 3 snow/hour

12 - 31 exp - 3 snow/hour

13 - 35 exp - 3 snow/hour

14 - 39 exp - 3 snow/hour

15 - 43 exp - 5 snow/hour

16 - 48 exp - 5 snow/hour

17 - 53 exp - 5 snow/hour

18 - 58 exp - 5 snow/hour

19 - 63 exp - 5 snow/hour

20 - 68 exp - 7 snow/hour

21 - 74 exp - 7 snow/hour

22 - 80 exp - 7 snow/hour

23 - ? exp - 7 snow/hour

24 - 90 exp - 7 snow/hour

25 - 98 exp - 9 snow/hour

Edit: @ below: No prob. c:

Edited by Varekis

Thanks, Varekis! Got a few more levels to go, then, before it starts getting a little faster... *g*

Guess I'll have to focus on trying to catch/trade some more in between for now.

Out of curiosity how do you know it is the same one?

I click it (new tab'd) and looked at the link.

And now 9 times... *sigh* At least I managed to snatch one, a Thuwed at that. <3

Haha, I'm impatient, too. I should have checked in before we left so I could accumulate more snow while we were gone! Instead I was inactive a whole night and half a day. D:

Come at me brooooo. =p

/should probably build up her fort more than just attack everyone, lol

At level 17 and waiting for more snow. o3o

Aaah its impossible to get anything form the AP with 400+ users. That beats the maximum of about 300 last year.

Just reached level 20 - going to wait for more snowballs, my pitiful little pile of 4 isn't going to do anyone any good. This isn't taking nearly as long as I'd feared it might, I'm quite enjoying this event.

Got my eyes on that large snow keep- so I can has opulence.

Just reached level 20 - going to wait for more snowballs, my pitiful little pile of 4 isn't going to do anyone any good. This isn't taking nearly as long as I'd feared it might, I'm quite enjoying this event.

Got my eyes on that large snow keep- so I can has opulence.

I need that opulence... o-o I'm waiting until level 25 though so I can stop worrying about getting exp.

Still sitting at level 15 and out of snow >.<

but...caught two Hollies, and caught two more hollies that I then gifted =3

Many people with CB Christmas dragons are going to keep their bred eggs for breeding projects because of the new "no limit" rule so yeah...

I am really happy and relieved that I got all Christmas dragons for free from awesome players yesterday, really. I feel bad for the people who have no time to spend hours in front of DC and who have a slow internet connection. Like me.

If I hadn't asked a nice and trustworthy person for Christmas eggs months beforehand and if I hadn't been lucky yesterday to get an egg from the Departure thread I guess I would be deep in  censorkip.gif and in panic right now.

Since the eggs are from multi-clutches and a breeder can only keep one egg from a clutch, that means one, two or three eggs from every breeding goes to the AP, even if a breeder keeps one. By Christmas Day, the AP should be filled with eggs of all the Christmas breeds.

Many people, including me, have bred few or none of their dragons yet, so there will be much more to come.

Edited by dragongrrl

Since the eggs are from multi-clutches and a breeder can only keep one egg from a clutch, that means one, two or three eggs from every breeding goes to the AP, even if a breeder keeps one. By Christmas Day, the AP should be filled with eggs of all the Christmas breeds.

Many people, including me, have bred few or none of their dragons yet, so there will be much more to come.

Yep. I've only bred one of my Christmas dragons so far, and still have CBs of previous years' breeds that I haven't decided what to do with yet.

Argh, well it's been about 2-3 hours now ._.' Still not one Holly. Guess I'll give up for now >_>;