TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

I am trying to put together an unofficial FAQ about the SNOW WARS game. If you know about some information that is not already in this FAQ, please share... I am especially interested in knowing what buildings are unlocked at what level, how much exp is needed for the lower levels, how the repair costs are evolving, etc.

Ooh! So is there a new Christmas dragon?

There is a new dragon, it will be released on Christmas.

Oh my gosh, where are the holiday eggs in the AP? Can't see even one Holiday egg there. Don't tell me we picked them up all, I still need another Yule and a Wrapping Wing ohmy.gif

Does anyone remember what the window is for breeding past holidays? Is Christmas the last day for breeding them, or can we breed them all the way up till New Year's? (And I know a new dragon won't breed during the same season it was born in, but can an old dragon breed twice in a season if the window is more than 7 days?)

Oh my gosh, where are the holiday eggs in the AP? Can't see even one Holiday egg there. Don't tell me we picked them up all, I still need another Yule and a Wrapping Wing  ohmy.gif

Just keep refreshing. More will appear when people breed/abandon eggs.

Does anyone remember what the window is for breeding past holidays? Is Christmas the last day for breeding them, or can we breed them all the way up till New Year's? (And I know a new dragon won't breed during the same season it was born in, but can an old dragon breed twice in a season if the window is more than 7 days?)

I think usually the window is exactly one week long, though I'm not positive. They are not allowed to breed twice in one season even if they supposedly come off of cooldown near the end.

Edited by Dimar

I REALLY need to take a break from DC. I've wasted quite a few hours on both the forums and game and I still need to study for a biology test that is _TOMORROW._ TJ, u mean, man, u mean.

I REALLY need to take a break from DC. I've wasted quite a few hours on both the forums and game and I still need to study for a biology test that is _TOMORROW._ TJ, u mean, man, u mean.

*pat pat* I understand you completely. I've got physics tomorrow... an exam for all three months of school. Haven't touched it yet.

Well, I can always ditch that one, but still.

Just keep refreshing. More will appear when people breed/abandon eggs.

I hope-actually, I still didn't saw a holiday egg since I wrote the post...

I believe just up to and including Christmas day. The calendar has been updated to show breeding window etc - http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=calendar

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but are we still able to only get one color variant on the Snow Angels?

Wow, thanks so much TJ and event-makers! biggrin.gif This is so exciting, and I'm still reeling over the idea we can stockpile bred Christmas dragons. ;A; HUGE help to the lineage project... wub.gif

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but are we still able to only get one color variant on the Snow Angels?

Yes, one variant per scroll, and the variant you have is randomized I believe.

I can’t find any holiday egg since I saw a Data base error neither :/ The biomes are empty and I can’t breed anything too…

I don't have a holly and now that there are no limits, I won't get one. The snow fort looks fun but I work every day for the next two weeks, so I'll miss out.

I am starting to think the same thing. They used to be dropping in the AP. Nothing is dropping in now.

I'm trying to get to an egg's 'actions' page for about 15 minutes now, if i'm finally there, it takes ages to get to the abandoning page. Anyone having the same problem?

Solved, thanks TJ!

Edited by Deagle

breeding is stuck for me. i just tried breeding my yule and it is stuck "thinking" about the action for almost 5 minutes now....

I was really hoping, with the limit change, that I could snag a Holly with a nicer lineage. I've grabbed a few, but they are all like mine (pretty as they are, but messy lineages). I wish the site wasn't so slow. Stuff to do and I can't do it!

I hope-actually, I still didn't saw a holiday egg since I wrote the post...

Some of us haven't bred our holidays yet!

you continue accumulating snow while youre away, so dont worryabout not being able to participate, you can a bit before and after work. i am working retail this year (with CRAZY HOURS) and I can still squeeze it in. =)

what no limit on the eggs we can get ohmy.gif wow. I say I am gonna end up trading my hollies and the other christmas eggs for things I want so yeah but new christmas dragon so gonna fill my scroll up with it and hopefully win that raffle this year biggrin.gif