TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

I accomplished most of what I wanted to do with the past Christmas dragons. I wanted a third dragon to go with my prior single gender dragons, and work towards 3 pairs of Hollies, with frozen S1 and S2 hatchlings. I'm only short on my Holly goals, I was able to get everything else. Next year, I want to catch three more Hollies (2 female, 1 male) and one more S2 to freeze.

The snow fort was fun, until I got it to where I'm happy with it. Now I'm just flinging the random icicle and repairing as needed. I'm curious to see how much snow I can get up to by the end. smile.gif

I think I'm well set on my Christmas dragons now =3 [grabbed enough to get four of each, except winter magi and hollies] unless I find an amazing lineage next year [like spriters alt or thuwed line] i probably won't grab any Christmas eggs ^^

Clicked as many eggs as I could 5 minutes after the event started, then lightning struck my house and the power went out and my phone just happened to die. -.-.. Luckily I got my eggs! Hahaha

I managed to get at least one of each holiday dragon just under the wire- talk about luck! Although I ended up with more than I wanted due to the occasional finding of a lower time egg or even the odd hatchling! I at first thought I was going to be trading up a storm but here I was slaving over the AP for almost a week straight! It's got me a bit excited for what's in store this Valentine's; it's been quite the first holiday season for me on DC.

My favorite part? The event! It was pretty cool and allowed me a lot more room to move around and a bit more of a chance than clicking a random sprite on the home page that may or may not show up when I need or want it to, and in just four days I was able to turn my barren tundra into something I could only consider a snow version of the Taj Mahal. I perfectly mirrored every last snowdrift and it took a lot of time and effort, but I'm quite happy with the results. Great job to everyone, and a happy holiday!

Clicked as many eggs as I could 5 minutes after the event started, then lightning struck my house and the power went out and my phone just happened to die. -.-.. Luckily I got my eggs! Hahaha

No hollies though -.- I'm mad about that.. I tried!!!

I know what you mean about on the fence with the ability to breed. I love the idea of having more dragons to breed next year, but I worried about my babies with anything other than 2nd gen finding good homes and making it to adulthood. As it is, someone asked me to specifically breed them a 3rd gen and one of its siblings ended up frozen. Granted, I had a 2nd gen magi produce one egg last year and it ended up frozen. It's things like that that make me sad because I was deliberately doing some picky breeding.

@Renorei- I didn't see any really and I refreshed constantly.

@ginevra- You may not have enough snow to purchase them. It hides fort pieces that cost more than the amount of snow that you have.

I get you about being disheartened to hear people saying they've been throwing back messy lineages, but I wouldn't be too bothered by the freezing. A lot of people here like to collect sprites, and the lifted limits make the choice to freeze a holiday a lot less painful now that we don't have to choose between sacrificing one of our only two possible adults of a breed to have only one of the two possible hatchling sprites.

Now? You can have both an s1 and an s2 of any holiday AND as many adults as you can catch- why would anyone who doesn't object entirely to freezing NOT keep at least one of each of their favorite hatchies? This is my first Christmas onsite so I've been focused on adults this year, but even so I'm still debating freezing one of my yulebucks because I find their s1 so adorable. My potential freezing is no slight against the breeder- it's a compliment to the sprite artist.

My potential freezing is no slight against the breeder- it's a compliment to the sprite artist.

This, exactly.

Besides, why should it matter? I get that they're "your babies", but it's how that other person feels like playing the game. If you wanted to make sure your babies were sent somewhere they wouldn't be frozen or abandoned, there are plenty of people in trades for that. Or, keep your babies yourself, since you can now.

Alright, so, this morning, I was editing my fort to make it a little prettier (as you do), but when I saved it, something.. rather strange happened.

On the edit screen, it showed my fort pretty much wrecked, and the health meter was 300ish out of 1,125. It told me I had to heal my fort, so I did, and instead of the 10 snow it said it would use it swallowed up about 200 of my 600 snow. Then, when the page reloaded, I had 2,175 health.

Screenshots for proof:

user posted image

user posted image

I'm pretty certain this is a glitch >.<

Now, I don't MIND having a ton of health, but I would like my snow (and my dignity) back :c

No hollies though -.- I'm mad about that.. I tried!!!

The good news is that there were a lot more Hollies available this year than last, which means that the breeding pool for next year will be even larger and getting one next year should be easier. I wasn't able to catch any for myself this year, either, although I was gifted some. I do hope that I can finally catch my own next year. In the meantime I have more that I will be able to breed for other people.

Besides, why should it matter? I get that they're "your babies", but it's how that other person feels like playing the game. If you wanted to make sure your babies were sent somewhere they wouldn't be frozen or abandoned, there are plenty of people in trades for that. Or, keep your babies yourself, since you can now.

Except that holidays breed multi-clutches and you can only direct the fate of one of them.

I agree that having your offspring frozen is not a big deal. I honestly don't even look at my offspring once they leave my scroll, because it makes me sad when they die (although freezing doesn't bother me). So I would say if it bothers you, just don't follow them!

@edwardelricfreak, troubletail, and purplehaze: I don't mind freezing. I just would rather they all grow up.

My potential freezing is no slight against the breeder- it's a compliment to the sprite artist.

This. I HAVE to have a frozen yulebuck - they are just so GORGEOUS. Same for Snow Angels. These two were frozen MUST HAVES ! But I couldn't bear to do it before and lose the ability to breed.

I like the snow fort idea, but I got an issue. I can't make a good one because I first started hurling all my collected snow before I realized I need to make a better fort. Please don't anymore. Now it's annoying.

Edited by DoggyGuy

Did you catch it around the first few drops? The one that I caught during the first drop doesn't show it's image, but the other I caught later on still shows up.

It seems that one of the hatching sequence sprites is broken. At least, that's what some users in the help section suggest.

Edited by xdlugia

Next Event is Valentin day?

Is there limit then?

Yep, the next event will be Valentine's day. ^^ In the past, there's been a limit of two for each breed, just like there was for Christmas in past years - TJ hasn't told us yet (so far as I've seen) if the limit will be lifted for Valentines as well. He may have been waiting to see how this event went before deciding.

I'm eventually done with my holiday catching biggrin.gif . I think I got the max my scroll was able to support:

2 hollies, including a great 3rd gen, plus some gifted away

8 yules, including 2 frozen

4 snowangels, including 1 frozen

4 ribbons, including 1 frozen

3 winter magis, including 1 frozen

6 wrappings, including 1 frozen

2 just caught new eggs (looking forward to see how they will look like!)

And the snow fort building is simply fantastic! biggrin.gif

For me, this holiday event was a 10 smile.gif

Edited by Iside

WHat I do, or did, with my "freezies" is I offered them up on my trade post and specified I'd swap for the same hatchy but any lineage. That way, if someone is looking for that particular 2nd gen then they get a chance to nab it and I still get my hatchy sprite. I seem to get 50/50 trade offers that way. I have plenty of teleports so it doesn't hurt me any and people get the lineages to breed that they want.

I don't know if it's an option that would be popular enough for it's own trade thread, but people seem to like hatchy swapping. I also do it because I really don't have a lot of time to sit and pick through the AP for ideal lineages. I grab one and go as best I can.

Please stop destroying my snow fort now those of you who did what I said in above post. It's getting annoying now.

Got my two new eggs, the sprites already look really pretty. I hope they'll be something to do with ice, since the snow/ice forts and the colors on the egg seem to point in that direction =3

Yulebucks are so handsome, I am glad I can freeze a hatchling now. I did try to grab messy ones to freeze (As opposed to freezing nicely lineaged ones)

Please stop destroying my snow fort now those of you who did what I said in above post. It's getting annoying now.

Calm down.. That's the game. It may seem unfair but that's how it works.

That's... pretty much why it's called Snow Wars. blink.gif

There's at least one person out there who keeps destroying mine like, every x hours. lol

How come I can't get past 98 exp points? If that's the maximum, you'd think it would be an even 100. Or is that just my OCD kicking in?