Sweet_Wyvern

The Blacksmith and the Apothecary

Bruce blinked a few times and swallowed hard, trying to push away the memory, and when he managed, he smiled again, internally chiding himself for having made things so awkward. "S-So, um, th-this is a nice house, isn't it? Home to a kind woman, that Pepper...Perhaps we will have the chance to get to know her a little better after I've healed and we're in...well, better circumstances," he said, trying for a change in subject.

Tony arched a brow before smiling slightly, staring down into his glass. "I don't imagine she likes me very much. My reputation with women precedes me.. Not always in the good way," he replied, sipping idly after he had spoken. "But yes, she's kind."

Bruce's lips twitched up in amusement, and he nodded in acknowledgement. "I do not think she holds that against you, necessarily. I would rather think she might hold a bigger grudge against me considering how I've just barged in here, sullied her mattress and linens, and eaten her food," he muttered with a shake of his head. "Not the best house guest, I'm afraid."

Now grinning, the blacksmith turned to face Bruce. "Nay, I'm sure she enjoys having someone to take care of- women are like that. You just flash her a smile and act all shy as you have been, and she'll melt. And if she asks us to go, there's room where I live. The forge only takes up space on the ground floor, we can move there when you're well," he reassured the man. It was a bit funny that he didn't even consider taking Bruce to his own home, just automatically decided they'd stay together. He wasn't doing it on purpose.

Brows furrowing slightly, Bruce narrowed his eyes slightly and looked the man over. "That...is not necessarily true. Elizabeth for one was never like that, even when we first met. She was not afraid to tell me when she was unhappy, or when I had overstepped my bounds," he disagreed lightly. It was just observation, really. Maybe it was Tony's lifestyle that had given him such misconceptions. "And if Pepper were to ask us to leave, I do have a home of my own," he added after a moment, "I would not want to burden you."

Tony shrugged and plopped the chair back down on all fours again. "Well, maybe you're right. Pepper does seem like an independent type, I just see her as being too kind to kick you out. Now, I'm another story of course, but I digress," he replied, setting the glass of wine down. He paused for a moment to let Bruce's last words sink in. Right.. He had a place of his own. What was he thinking? "Well.. Yes, that does make sense. I'm just offering, in case you need help with getting to things and moving and whatnot," he said after a moment.

Bruce nodded, smiling warmly despite Tony's apparent internal conflict for having offered. He appreciated the gesture nonetheless. The other certainly didn't have to offer his home up to someone he hardly knew. "No, it is alright. I would be willing to stay...if you would not mind, Sir Stark. It would make things much easier, I think," he admitted.

Tony glanced at him again with a smile, his spirits lifted though it was silly. He didn't have many friends, so it made him happy to think he would have someone staying with him for a while. Someone could actually stand him. "Of course, of course. It is no trouble at all, I haven't had company in ages," he encouraged.

To see Tony almost physically inflate upon hearing his reply brought a grin to Bruce's lips, and yet he couldn't help but wonder why exactly this man was so enthralled and excited by the idea of a half-dead stranger staying in his home. "I tend not to have much company either," he admitted, still smiling.

"Well yes, but you're actually likable," Tony replied with a smile, completely serious. People got sick of him unless he was handing out money. This was a change for him, a good change. Maybe he wouldn't scare this one off.

Bruce's smile faltered a bit at the serious tone to the other's voice, and he blinked confusedly. "You are likable too. I mean, I usually do not do so well with most people, but you...you are a good man. Why would some one like you? Other than because of your...hobbies?" he questioned lightly.

That was the million dollar question, wasn't it? Tony leaned back in his chair again, folding his arms behind his head. "Most people don't appreciate my sarcasm. My mouth is bigger than my mind sometimes, if you get my meaning. People were angry when I stopped distributing weapons to the police forces of towns. I also tend to say a lot of bad things when I'm drunk," he listed, gazing calmly at Bruce. "You just haven't seen that side of me yet."

Bruce nodded after a moment of mulling everything over. "Well I find a good dose of sass refreshing after nothing but stale, tasteless conversation and small talk. There is no shame in wanting to spread less warfare among kingdoms, because in all honesty, I believe the notion of battle for anything other than self-defense to be rather stupid. I'm a bit of a pacifist. Never really saw violence as the solution to anything. And a lot of people say bad things when they are drunk. Most men in this village are the same way. I've seen that first hand," he countered, just as calm as Tony seemed to be. "We all have our darker sides, Sir Stark, myself included."

Tony smiled faintly at Bruce. Though he wouldn't say it, he had no trouble believing that the man was a pacifist. He certainly wasn't a fighter, that was for sure. "Well, I'm glad you're so optimistic. I couldn't see someone like you having a dark side, but I digress," he remarked, folding his hands in his lap.

Bruce's lips curled a bit, and he shook his head. "Y'know, out of all the things people have said about me in the past, I think "optimistic" is a first," he mused, his eyes taking on a far-off look as he became lost in thought. "And you have not seen me when I'm angry. Hopefully you will never have to," he added in a low voice.

The dark undertone to Bruce's voice gave Tony pause, his brown gaze shifting towards the man. He looked gravely serious, and a part of the blacksmith wanted to see just what this seemingly ordinary man could do when angry. The part of his brain dedicated to survival warned against it, naturally. "Right," he agreed after a moment, if only to appease Bruce. "Not with me. You'll never be mad at me- I'm wonderful, remember?"

Bruce blinked and turned his attention back to Tony, a smile finding its way back to his lips. "No, course not. Why would I be angry with the man who offered me refuge in his home after saving my life?" he chuckled, making light of his previous comment.

Grinning, Tony clapped Bruce on the shoulder. "We shall see, won't we? Hopefully, you won't be," he replied lightly, any traces of his earlier dark mood gone. "I'd say we should go out and do something but- well. I suppose I could use a break from the taverns anyway."

(Wanna skip?)

Bruce bit back a wince as Tony clapped him on the shoulder, the movement jarring his injuries slightly, and he looked up to him with a meek smile. "Sorry about that...but I have healed from fairly severe injuries in the past. I will heal from this as well, hopefully at a much quicker rate," he mused with a slightly nervous chuckle.

(Sure! After how long? Maybe a month? He should be mostly healed up by then.)

(Yeah, and he could be crashing with Tony still. It would also be a full moon again)

Bruce began to clear away the table, now walking with only a slight limp. Most of his wounds had healed in the past month he'd been stay with Sir Stark, and although he would be left with some rather vicious looking scars, he was functioning again. And now he was washing their bowls from dinner, which he had prepared. It was the least he could do, he figured, even if he wasn't feeling all that well at the moment. "How was everything?" he asked over his shoulder.

Damn, could Bruce cook. Tony was draped over his chair in a sluggish fashion, mouth hanging slightly open from where his head hung over the back and a hand draped over his slightly engorged stomach. "Bruce," he moaned, "you're not allowed to leave now. I've decided. You're cooking for me forever." Would he even be able to get up? Life with the man had been quite a bit better than it had been when he lived alone. He drank less because he wasn't as depressed bored, and he had less.. Affairs with women.

Bruce chuckled softly, shaking his head as he scrubbed away at the wooden bowls. "I suppose I should take your newly found possessiveness as a compliment," he muttered in amusement. He smirked at him, but as he tried to focus his gaze on the blacksmith, his vision seemed to sharpen, and he blinked a few times, the odd sensation causing his head to ache. He placed the bowls back in the basin of warm water and used his forearm to wipe away sweat from his brow. He'd appeared rather peaky the past few nights, but he'd assumed that his injuries had merely made him more susceptible to illness somehow, and this might still be the case, but...he'd never quiet had this happen. Bruce's brows creased and he leaned against the counter for a moment, screwing his eyes tightly shut as tremors rolled up his spine.

At first, Tony didn't notice the change in Bruce. He was actually close to passing out in the chair, but the splash caught his attention. Opening his eyes, he watched the pale man wipe at his brow and then suddenly clutch at the counter for support. Forgetting his lethargy, the blacksmith stood up, quickly coming over and grabbing Bruce's arm to steady him. "Are you well, friend?" He asked, deep concern in his voice. The man was sweating through his shirt, and he looked like death. To think that he could lose the man to a simple illness after they fixed up his injuries was frustrating.

The steadying weight of the other's palm against his shoulder prompted him to open his eyes, and he blinked repeatedly, because by God everything was still so bright! Colors were muted now, but everything else was so crisp, so clear, and it was disorienting to say the least. "I-I do not know. I--" he stammered, gasping a bit as another tremor wracked his slender frame and he nearly lost his grip on the counter.