popcorncat11

Random Things You've Washed

A festival ticket. Luckily, it was after the festival and my sisters. tongue.gif

Also, my Mum washed a little toy of mine when I was little because I forgot to take it out of the pocket. It broke the washing machine. unsure.gif

I washed my MP3 player on a couple of occasions. Amazingly it survived and still continues working to this day.

Also my wallet on numerous occasions, but I guess that's not uncommon.

I've definitely washed some weird things, but the most inconvenient by far has been times when I've accidentally left napkins or tissues in my pockets and washed those clothes. I end up with a whole load of wet laundry with little napkin bits distributed throughout.

That is the worst thing! It takes ages to get them off!

Chapstick, Vicks inhaler, coins, receipts, shopping lists. Most of the stuff I put in my pockets is removed as soon as I return home, but some things miss the pocket emptying routine.

Not going to relish the day I wash something electrical.

A packet of gummy dinosaurs... I didn't find them until the next year either, because they were in my ski jacket.

This made me LOL... oh dear. The poor dinos! xd.png

I've washed several USB drives, a Power Ball ticket (Still don't know if I would have won anything), cell phone, pens, papers with phone numbers on them, and most recently -- a Christmas Card wink.gif

The strange things that have been washed at my house include:

Combs (Dad...)

Fuses (Dad again...)

Cell Phones (A few days in a bag of rice saved them, luckily)

Sticky notes (Mom's shopping lists)

Chapstick (It survived and was actually still useful)

I can't remember what else, but some pretty random stuff goes through the spin cycle around here. xd.png

I washed my memory stick a couple times, when I plugged it in to my computer the next day it was full of random carp... Yeah, the next day and it worked fine

Chapstick, Vicks inhaler, coins, receipts, shopping lists. Most of the stuff I put in my pockets is removed as soon as I return home, but some things miss the pocket emptying routine.

Not going to relish the day I wash something electrical.

It seems I jinxed myself here. dry.gif

I recently washed a garage door remote. $60 to replace because it no longer worked, even after sitting in rice for days. The only time I forget to check my pockets (since the above post), and it was something expensive. Gah.

I've actually been pretty lucky so far (even though I regularly forget to check pockets) and only washed coins and tissues. The tissues are bloody annoying though.

Nerissa, that is depressing. sad.gif Did you lose anything important on the flash drive?

I'm OCD about picking through pockets when doing laundry, so nothing escapes my watch. The weirdest thing I have washed, I would have to say, is terrarium liner for my bearded dragon.

Does random include deliberately washing a pair of sneakers? They needed a good clean and rinsing them off with a hose wasn't an option. Of course, I've literally laundered money. Which is probably a good thing. Money is pretty dirty. Some other things: bottle caps, rocks (I have a minor in Geology), brochures, jewelry.

I've washed a few odd things

a TMNT toy, bike chain, water bottle, a number of inhalers, pens, paintbrushes and tubes of paint, lollies, my wallet, biscuits, an apple, cheese and I nearly washed one of my PS3 controllers

all of these were in my pockets, I still wonder about the apple you would think I'd have found it before washing it

Edited by InugamiZERO