Count

The Count Project

I personally chose Count and Countess (besides the obvious reason) because that's the title typically associated with vampires... but both of those suggestions make sense! Marquis is effectively equal in rank to a count, and Lord/Lady are often used for vampires. I like Conte and Contessa too, though!

I guess the moral of the story is that we're going to change the naming convention for Capulets, but I can't decide which one is best hahah. I guess I will stall for more input... the first second gen Capulet still has days before s/he grows up!

Edited by Count

I'd certainly love to join this (for the Capulet side of course) I have a small evil band of vamps already on my scroll, I could have the Capulets attempt to convince those vampires to their side

I want to participate!

Forum Name:brairtrainer

Scroll Link:http://dragcave.net/user/brairtrainer

Clan: Capulet

Active Sires: none need some :/

-Name, gen, active/inactive (has it bitten this month?)

Preferred Method of Contact:pm or post

Edited by brairtrainer

Count Secundus bit another egg. Unfortunately, it was lost. It was bred exactly two minutes ago, so if anyone wants to hang out in the AP to catch it, now you know when to give it your best shot? laugh.gif

Montague vs. Capulet Feud:

Every story has a beginning, but not all stories have an end. This story, like many others before it, is one that seems as timeless as time itself. A fight that becomes a feud. Friends that become foes. And a beginning as innocuous as any could ever be.

The Capulets and Montagues, two families as old as time, began as the best of friends. And as many friends eventually do, they grew apart. What caused this chasm to open between them? What created the divide that even now forces the next generations apart?

Blood.

For the Montagues, blood has always been extremely important. Only those who were of beautiful lineages were allowed to descend of the Montague line. This desire for beauty and perfection led the Montagues to exclude those born from the cave as imperfect and unworthy of the Montague name.

The Capulets, on the other hand, were accepting of only those who were born from the cave, accepting any who came across their path.. The Capulets were known for their soft hearts, often converting common eggs that were unloved simply to find them homes.

But....

All of this was a very long time ago, and as is often the case with a feud between friends, the reason for the feud became a somewhat distant, forgotten memory. Both sides turn more children every month in an attempt to turn the feud in their favor. Neither side discriminates any longer on who may or may not become part of the line because each child is precious as the two sides battle for supremacy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, tweaked it to CB vs. lineaged, but the bold line will make it easy so that both sides can turn lineaged or CB as they like. Let me know if you guys approve the changes!

Also on the subject of the naming convention, I think it would be better to stick with titles of equivalent rank. Lord/Lady seems too generic, but Marquis and Marchioness are actually of a higher rank than a Count & Countess.

But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Dayaine

I'm fine with that description! Also, I'm about to hatch Countess Montague's egg. Lemme PM a few people, otherwise I'll post the transfer link for pinkgothic or Sethiss!

Edited by Count

So I have named my little bebbe Capulet, Conte Diem for now. If we change the convention, I will change his name. Also, do we have a list of the order people are waiting on Capulets for? I had brair PM for the next Capulet egg, and if Mio Conte decides to cooperate, then I will send them the eggy if there wasn't anyone else.

On another note, as brairtrainer mentioned having other vamps join, I had a random idea that could help with keeping the project entertaining for everyone while we wait on our main lineage eggs. If we want to have other vampires on our scroll join the project, we could name them, _______ of the Montague/Capulet Coven. This might be entertaining just because we could keep vampie eggs rolling out even when our limited main lines can't bite. Lemme know what you guys think! And coven literally is defined as a group of unrelated vampires.

Example vamps: Female Male

Edited!

Edited by Dayaine

As a note: I made a comment about my other vamps because they are apart of an aspiring cult--coven (which worships Midas Dorkface xd.png). It would seem that either the Dorkface vamps or the Capulet Vamps may find a reason to try to recruit one another to help get rid of the Montegues.

I would love a way to have 'servants' or 'allies' who don't offically count but who we could make up stories about and have them be noted ^.^

For story purposes I think that would be really cool. user posted image For lineage ones... honestly, I'd rather not; it just takes someone with a lot of vamps to join either side and rename their existing vampires accordingly and then you've got a hugely slanted 'competition'. It's not really a competition, of course, but that's the fluff, and it just feels odd to me if you can shuffle other vampires into the mix.

That's why I thought we could note them (honorable, servents, allies, etc.) could also maybe count dragons who 'switched' sides ( they don't count for the family but maybe those they bite do?

I wasn't thinking of them as counting. More just something to keep things moving in the thread, and even if they don't count on the main lineage, it'd be kind of fun to one day see a random vampie from the AP and go, "Oh, I just picked up a Capulet friend!" or a Montague...

Dayaine, I would prefer that you stuck to the existing naming convention (Count/Countess) until a decision has officially been made. I'm open to considering it as an option, but it is by no means a done deal until I make sure there are no serious objections (hint: there might be)! Dragons that do not match their sires will not be included as part of the lineage when I update the list. I'm sorry for putting your little guy in limbo and I definitely should have waited to bite. I have quite the PM backlog from last night to sort through before I can really make the call! I would refrain from biting with your guy until I do, too. However, when he does create new vampires you can distribute them by whatever method you'd like. xVea is also waiting for a Capulet, though I've been in touch with her and can give her a second gen when the time comes.

I am not opposed to naming personal vamps "Capulet" or "Montague" for fun as long as Count/Countess are not part of their names (that could get confusing!), but I feel that would be too difficult and confusing to track in the lineage project itself. For more fluff, you can PM me descriptions for your individual lineage members like pinkgothic has done!

Edited by Count

That's great to hear, Tiga! I've rehomed all of my eggs for this month, but I'm sure the other breeders will be biting soon. Which line would you prefer? <3

Capulet Line beckons for me. And it needs more vampires.

I will become a 'breeder' once I get the egg and it grow up.

descriptions for your individual lineage members like pinkgothic has done!

Speaking of which, Sock's description approval spree also included Count Secundus and Count Daedalus. user posted imageBest thing.

I would like to announce that Countess Seraphina, Count Montague's daughter, has grown up to maturity and has been named.

Awesome! Congratulations. biggrin.gif

Countess Seraphina has bitten and egg, and has chosen to keep it for herself, for the time being. 3rd gen Montague egg

Send me a pm if your interested.

Count Leroy in the making, evidently. Nice code! biggrin.gif I've already been hoarding Montagues so I'll leave this one for someone else.

Countess Seraphina has bitten and egg, and has chosen to keep it for herself, for the time being. 3rd gen Montague egg

Send me a pm if your interested.

Oh, I'd like that one and join the fun, please. smile.gif

*sending PM*

I will post the form if I get the egg. ^^

Edited by Maef

I would love to be part of this lineage, i love my vampires and they don't get enough love.

A second gen is what I want honestly, and capulet.

I would love to be part of this lineage, i love my vampires and they don't get enough love.

A second gen is what I want honestly, and capulet.

Yay! We shall get rid of that Montague wimps! biggrin.gif

Oh wow, way to go pinkgothic. Now you're really making me look bad... I'll consider writing my own this weekend, hahah. Kurei Chitsu, too!

Congrats on the "Count Leroy". * U* Good to see s/he is already going to a lovely home! I will update all of the lineage charts and ownership when I get home. Welcome to the project Zerhai and Maef!

I'm glad to see the Capulet line picking up some attention. Let's hope they actually keep their eggs on the scroll in February!

Speaking of the Capulet line, time to discuss the poll! I am not super invested in my personal vote of Conte/Contessa, and it would seem like Marquis/Marquess (which I like just as much) is taking the lead! Additionally, as someone mentioned to me in PM, "There's something nice about "Marquess Capulet" versus "Countess Montague", given the C/M mirroring".

Since the first second gen has grown, I don't have time to wish-wash on this subject anymore! Right now my plan is to change the Capulet naming convention to Marquis/Marquess. If you have any strong objections to this decision, please voice them here or PM me by Saturday! Don't feel bad about doing so - I really do not want to accidentally alienate anyone. Otherwise, I'll go ahead and update everything.

Edited by Count

I have one objection, but it's kind of a silly one....

Marquess is a title for a male... So I think we should prolly change that to either Marquesa or Marchioness...

Oh my! Well, that is a good objection! I'm quite embarrassed by my ignorance of these things, hahah. I did a little more research on the subject, so would Marchioness or Marquise be fine?